Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Oneiros posted:

arr was a long time ago and people forget the wol basically started off as a hired killer for some really not nice people

I think the worst example of this I've seen is the FATE outside Aleport where the Qiqurn are protesting not being allowed into the town. So you loving kill them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"Nice place you got here, sure would be a shame if a Warrior of Light happened to it."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Il Mheg is the prettiest zone in the game since like Heavensward and I'm going to be a little disappointed when I cut the loving sky open.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
That TikTok would work better if it used (late Stormblood) Fordola instead. Just all the awful random poo poo they were subjected to having to see after getting the Echo.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I've seen even other nightclubs-with-side-ERP making GBS threads on them. Even if the event still happens, it's going to be packed with trolls and gawkers. What a spectacular backfire.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Chillgamesh posted:

I play on Balmung and I kinda wanna log in to go stare at the trainwreck house in person. I bet shout in Steps of Nald is a loving disaster right now

Steps of Nald is currently distracted by the Catgirl Border Patrol.

Edit: The billboard FC's house is kind of a shitshow right now though.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 5, 2022

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
jesus christ 300k is highway loving robbery

the only one that's reasonable is the 1M for the custom gposes

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I went to the FC's house and they had a private room who's aesthetic was best described as "Silent Hill BDSM". Tragically, I didn't take photos before the house was locked.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
https://mobile.twitter.com/nyanyaxiv/status/1544430437497462786

Click through for the flawless clown glam.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
https://twitter.com/quick_nock/status/1544448315982479360

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There's definitely a (worse) version of the story where ARR Alphinaud gets mad that people aren't dancing on his strings like he wants them to and becomes the boss of a level 79 trial or whatever.

Instead we got the adventures of Alphinaud, world-class swimmer so there's still some good left in this sin-cursed reality.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Did SE ever explain why there isn't a Hildibrand questline for Shadowbringers?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Me doing the first Automata raid: Hmm, well, I mean, its a bunch of neat references to Nier but I'm not really feeling Yoko Taro's special touch.

Me reaching the last boss of the second Automata raid: Oh, there it is.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Runa posted:

A good Nier raid run takes 40-45 minutes to an Ivalice's 30 or a CT's 20. That might not sound like a big difference but it feels like a slog when a given boss fight takes 8 minutes rather than 5 and it's less of a challenge and more a test of patience.

Yeah, this really struck me. Puppet Bunker wasn't so bad, but the last two bosses of Copied Factory take so long.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Finally getting around to soloing my way through the Coils of Bahamut and wow, Alisaie's original voice actress is painful.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

hopeandjoy posted:

Download some crime tools and set the time of day yourself.

Final Fantasy XIV: Lightbringers

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

YggiDee posted:

Actually femroes are perfect and have no downsides and give all the NPCs neck cramps

:same:

Thancred does keep asking me to step on him, but that's only going to be a downside for some people.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

This is really loving good.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Badger of Basra posted:

Give men the bikini swimsuit you cowards

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Nothing makes me feel better at this game than going through my entire DRK burst window and realizing I didn't use Edge of Darkness at all.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The Dragonsong Ultimate has reset time, next expansion is just Heavensward again but with Quantum Haurchefant.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Counterargument: its perfect, don't glitch anything.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The peace of the star collapses when a single shopping trip bankrupts the Scions, Ul'dah, and also somehow all of Meracydia.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Hogama posted:

It's up.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Bruceski posted:

Island Sanctuary apparently uses housing servers.

How do I know? I can't enter my freaking house.

at last the tyranny of the house owners will be toppled

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
They give me a codex of in-game characters and events now?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Algid posted:

Like Rownea and Godbert, Tataru uses refugee labor. She did pretty good for herself during the apocalypse, got the NGO she worked at to donate most of its material assets to her, got cheap workers from basically the textile production capital of the world, managed to open up shop in a famously isolationist nation that's been untouched by war unlike pretty much everywhere else, got her world famous friend to do free product placement for her etc.

LIVING EMBODIMENT OF CAPITAL
---------------------------
TATARU TARU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There should be an option the couple can secretly select that causes a boss to come crashing through the ceiling and the entire party has to fight it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I love how much the whole Nunh/Tia stuff reads like the writers wanting to have an unusual social structure, and then realizing they made it too horny and backpeddling as much as they can.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Backpeddling by starting with the strongest male being the leader and the only one allowed to gently caress, and then going "No, no, its not really a harem fantasy, these are all strong independent women who don't need no man."

It works fine, its just amusing.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm just slamming out the same three presets every week all week, only God can make me read a spreadsheet.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm leveling BLM and would rather die than have a suboptimal Ley Lines.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Yeah that dude pops up a couple times in ARR content and he's...

He's a lot.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Only Julyan can wield the frying pan, it's power is too great even for the WoL.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Variant Dungeon is cool as heck. Probably too much work to do for dungeons in an base expansion, but I wonder if this is the plan for patch dungeons going forward.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Soloing PotD is going to be my project for my next long weekend. By the end, someone will certainly be dead (probably me) :shepface:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
That character felt like he was intended to have a bigger role as a foil to other characters' arcs, but ended up getting cut up to make room for the rest of the expansion, particularly You-Know-Who.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 21, 2022

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I continued opening chests.