Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I demand the mods honor our wish to give one final title to the Shadowbringers thread: "Remember us. Remember that we once shitposted."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

89 dungeon: man, really went through the wringer in every way possible

I know some folks say to do this and the trial with Trusts (just catching my breath before trusting the trial because it feels like I have to) but the experience with other players for the dungeon ended up being epic in its own right.

It's like the game knew I was going to do this tonight because earlier in roulettes I got both Castrum and Syrcus tower lol. So I enjoyed the callback to Livia... and then all the fallen friends... I had to Pay my Respects to all of them.

But it was the final fight that really went into overdrive. The healer and DPS died at like 75% HP because we didn't know that "Right" meant his right, lol. But the tank wanted to keep going so we did, and I learned the fight pretty quickly. Because of Syrcus Tower when he started casting Curtain Call I was like "This is Unix... I know this!" Except I was waiting for a pillar to hide behind and there was nothing as the castbar kept going up...

When Shiva/Ysayle started circling around the arena I legit started tearing up goddamn.

I could have done without the Asahi stuff afterward though lol, a bit anticlimactic

Eyyy that was me! I saw the healer eat poo poo at the same time I did, then y'all duo'd the boss from like 59%. Warriors have incredible sustain now.

I went ahead and did the trial afterward in a trust, took three tries before I realized the edge of the arena outright kills you if you touch it.

I only did one trust in ShB, I wish the NPCs had more voiced lines, or they said their one line less often. It was really noticable in the 87 (?) dungeon, the one in zone 5.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh, was that what happened, I instantly died during one of the straight line 'get as far away from the middle as possible' attacks and thought it was mega damage if you weren't right at the edge but I must have brushed the outside of the arena.

Yeah I did it at 2 am and the first couple times I just happened to take damage or be low on HP when I touched the edge and it didn't click until the third time when I was at full health and wandered into it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Just as an FYI and I know this has been mentioned before, but the Grand Company seals can now be spent on lockboxes to get random minions and mounts from either ARR+heavensward or stormblood for 20k seals a piece. To me at least it makes it worth rolling greed on a lot of stuff I was previously ignoring to hand in for seals.

Should also mention that you have to be at a higher rank than you can get from the "normal" ways. As in, you have to do Squadron stuff and some other things to unlock the higher ranks.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zone 6 spoilers:

The twins just sacrificed themselves to open the way to Meteion. I RP walk through the NPCs, hearing their voices. Every step is agonizing. My friends are possibly gone forever, because they believe in my ability to save their world.

I push through the last NPC. I approach the steps.

I get disconnected and there is a 5k queue.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Credits are rolling, what a ride.

I do wish that the dead/dying civilizations you met were actually physically there and really were the last of their kind. They still did the job but personally it would've hit deeper to me if they weren't just simulations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bewilderment posted:

The nice thing about going through the MSQ as a Warrior is that your 'burst phase' is on demand, so when you need to kill something for a quest you know exactly what buttons to press and you get to just do it right away.
Also Warrior is very good when your healer bites it and the boss has 10% HP left. With Nascent Flash and Shake It Off you can even bring a DPS with you sometimes!

This also applies to Bard, I can just blow everything I have at once and the mob is probably down to 25% by the time I'm out of buttons, if not dead outright.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I want more stuff from FF6 so bring on the Pictomancer and Gambler.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

1-5, Shift 1-4, and Alt 1-3 are reachable by my left hand. I click when I have to move and also hit some of those buttons. H, F, and G are on my MMO mouse. C1-5 are activated by holding the button shifter on the mouse and using the buttons on it. Legacy movement, WASD, Q/E strafe, A/D turn but right mouse held makes them strafe.

It's not ideal for some Jobs so far but that's OK I prefer Bard anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Countblanc posted:

I'm glad everyone has a control scheme that works well for them. :)

Oh, no, I'm vastly incompetent.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

Going to go against the grain and say I wish they had picked two cool weapons instead of one cool weapon and one silly weapon

They DID pick two cool weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I feel like custom deliveries for previous expansions should have their own weekly limit, or ideally a daily limit.

Adjust the achievements so they take the same time if you want, I guess.