Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Re: settings between machines, I've been splitting my time roughly evenly between my desktop with m+kb controls and my Steam Deck with controller controls. If I were to plug a controller into my PC, how hard would it be to import my crossbars from Deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endings posted:

As others have noted, there’s a button near the top of the char select screen for up/downloading your character settings (which includes gearsets and hotbars. ). You can only upload once a day but simply upload it from the machine with the hotbars you like, and download on the destination machine.

Is there a way to upload just the crossbars? I don't want to accidentally overwrite my hotbars too.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Black Griffon posted:

25+ seems like a real slump when I'm already done with ARR. What's the most effective way to get to 50 from there?

leveling roulette. maybe use food buffs for that extra 3% lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Re: alliance raid difficulty, I'm a sprout WHM whose entire party got wiped on one of the trickier bosses in the HW alliance raid. Someone yelled to the alliance that Party C was down, the other healer and I both got rezzed pretty much immediately, and the alliance beat the boss just fine.

*Maybe* be a little wary of the alliance raids as a sprout if you main a tank class (since there's only one tank per party) but you should be fine otherwise.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Door bosses are okay in a static but they suck in PF when it feels super bad to leave a party that's got to part 2 but is failing on an earlier mechanic than they should

Honestly this seems better than a late mechanic, I remember trying to do blind Eater of Worlds in D2 and having to give up after ~5 hours because we couldn't crack the enrage gimmick of the final boss.

(The gimmick, for folks unfamiliar with Destiny 2, was that it wasn't your DPS that cancelled the enrage, it was the rate of fire. Our highest DPS weapons were all sniper rifles, so we kept wiping because we didn't know to switch to higher rate of fire guns.)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Are there any good ways to grind gil? I'd love to enter the housing lottery but I'm nowhere near the ~3mil I'd need for a small plot.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I just hope people keep playing the new alliance raid long enough for me to get there, I've been trying to clear the Stormblood raid for like two months now and can never get a duty pop :negative:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Onean posted:

What role are you trying on? Alliances are best done on DPS, simply because they need 2x as many of them than tanks and healers combined. It'll still take some time to pop, but it will do it eventually since there's a roulette.

Healer, WHM specifically. I've been slowly leveling up BRD, maybe I just need to wait until I'm up to level on that to try.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Speaking of XIV Launcher, is it considered safe to use provided I don't talk about it in-game and stick to the official plugin repository? There's a handful of things in there that look useful and/or fun but I don't want to get banned :ohdear:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I wasn't able to get the money together in time :negative: Ah well at least I still have this lovely Gridanian apartment I guess.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Macaluso posted:

Luckily both outfits are hideous so you don't have to worry about wearing them

:wrong:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Who need they emet selched

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm voice-blind, I can never tell when an actor is in something else.

I play with God's own Japanese VA :smug:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Electric Phantasm posted:

You bring back the night cycle so the forest music can chill out.

la HEE

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Everyone memes about la HEE, but no one says anything about the song just going hard for no reason like 2 minutes in.

Oh I fuckin' love that song, I just can't help but la HEE when the opportunity arises

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Also on Famfrit in a non-goon FC but would be down for partying up.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kazy posted:

I wish the Gold Saucer had its own login art. No idea why it doesn't.

I wish the plugin for loading screens would update

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Give me a time mage job

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

IMO keeping BLU as a limited job is good because it lets them do cool things with it without having to worry about pesky things like balance. The problem with BLU is that it's the only limited job--SMN should've been one as well, but maybe we'll get something cool like the FFTA job Beastmaster.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I just hit zone 5 of Endwalker. Y'all are making me nervous.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

DanielCross posted:

If you just hit Zone 5 and you're not already nervous, I'm not sure we were reading the vibes the same way.

I mean, fair

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sentient Data posted:

Post your emotions to the thread, I love reliving this story vicariously

I didn't miss this post btw but today all I got was a lore dump in the form of dynamis

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Bruceski posted:

The rusty buzzsaw is nice, but is there a knifey-est axe out there somewhere?

Bloodborne 2 lookin good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endwalker spoilers I'm in Elpis and hanging out with Venat and Emet-Selch and I just love how surly Emet is at all times :allears:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

In 6.4 you can now ditch the fairy and return to Carbuncle.

and yet you still can't have Feo Ul

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endwalker update: just finished Her Children, One And All. Hydaelyn nooooo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sentient Data posted:

Odd, that's not her name :colbert:

Ok I definitely called her Venat at the final thank you choice, watching her tear up made me feel a Genuine Human Emotion

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endwalker spoilers: I've reached Ultima Thule and just watched Estinien sacrifice himself to open a way. Oh I don't like where this is headed at all :ohdear:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

blatman posted:

on one hand he's evil but on the other hand he's hot so i'm on the fence about the whole situation

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zeruel posted:

he's not that hot

Alert: bad post spotted.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tekopo posted:

What's worse, people that don't find E-S hot, or people that think the WoL should have joined his side

the actual answer here is obvious (genocide is bad imo) but also how can you not want to kiss that emo anime boy on his sweet cheeks

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I would simply vote

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

:discourse:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Heavensward is a huge step up in quality and it starts with that quest. You can do it!

e: the quality bump starts, I mean. you're still a few quests away from hw proper

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Guess I need to finally unlock Paradigm's Breach, huh

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Just did the level 50 Armorer quest, Merlwyb maybe you should not be shooting guns at folks wearing chainmail, even if it's really good chainmail

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

goblin week posted:

I want a new crafting/gathering class. 1.0 was supposed to have a „Shepherd” job that met the same fate as Musketeer and I want it back

Speaking of crafters over the weekend I finally got all of mine up to 50 (:toot:) and am actually enjoying crafting quite a bit, but do they ever do anything to differentiate the different crafting classes mechanically?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tekopo posted:

I don't know why but I've had this strange compulsion to max all the tribal quests, including ones that I already have mounts for (which is the main reason for doing them). Only Ixal and Sylphs left, but fortunately I am past the bad ones: Namazu, Moogle, Vanu Vanu

who cares about rewards play the parts of the game you find fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I haven't played this game in 10 years. How do they handle legacy/old content? The other two MMOs I play are GW2 (all content is designed to be evergreen and always relevant) and WoW (content is relevant for a couple months after release, then basically discarded forever).

Once you hit level 50, (almost?) every instance awards you with Allagan tomestones of poetics, a currency that can be swapped for really good leveling gear, various consumables, crafting ingredients, etc. Plus you even get a bonus if someone in your party hasn't done that duty before, and the game level syncs you to an appropriate level to make the content enjoyable. In other words, it all stays relevant.