Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

iPodschun posted:

The weird thing about Bozja/Zadnor is that it is still good for leveling 80-90 rather than capping exp gain to level 71-80 rates, the way PotD caps exp gain at level 60 rates and HoH caps exp gain at level 70 rates.

It's 350k/skirmish in Zadnor at 80 and at 87, it does stop scaling. But XP values per level don't scale fast enough that it stops being feasible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Offkorn posted:

Every time I put something 'expensive' (like over 50k) up for sale at the average price it's sold at recently, no matter how long ago the last item sold or how far away from that price the current listers are selling for, within 10 minutes 1-5 people are undercutting me by several gil.

It's insane. Even if I start dropping the price by thousands/ten-thousands, they just undercut me again within minutes. Just throwing away tons of gil for no apparent reason.

If you're the one dropping the price by tens of thousands then from my pov you're the one throwing away tons of gil and ill undercut you by 1 gil out of spite

aers
Feb 15, 2012

In one of the ShB patches they raised the server-side debuff cap for enemies in alliance raids from 60 to 200, which I don't think is actually possible to hit. You can get 56 people into BA but I don't think BA even counts as one of the places they buffed it since its part of the Eureka instance. Maybe 48 man DRS would let you get closest.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

central dogma posted:

I have BLM at 90, but I don't raid with this job. Can anyone comment on this parse that shows no damage from Fire 4? Is it a new way to approach BLM damage or will it be patched out as an unintended gimmick? It appears competitive at least this early in the raid tier.

It's competitive in the sense that a guy who had the #1 in the world parse on BLM for two fights last tier has parsed 90-95 with it, but you'll still do more damage with the regular rotation

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The sheer number of people spiritbonding (based on materia sales volume) is kinda wild tbh. 99% of those people aren't making any return on that investment.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

for the raiders out there, what on earth is the deal with the adds phase in p3s lmao

you don't really read anywhere about people saying the damage check is tight. video guides i watched don't mention it. people in the balance do as the balance do and say "if you don't meet the check you're underperforming". and yet, my static has slammed into big adds enrage inconsistently. sometimes it seems like enrage triggers early. sometimes it doesn't, and yet we somehow just barely kill before it goes off. it feel like there's something we're legitimately missing here on how it's supposed to work. we were attacking them all before dashes, pulling all four to mid after dashes, doing a couple aoes, then returning to where we need to drop the bodies. even on pulls without deaths we would often see the animation of an enrage cast going off (though it didn't always kill us).

we gave up and started using caster lb1. it's made it omega comfy. it may cause problems in the future when trying to meet boss enrage, but i'm less concerned about that at the moment. gives us time to figure out what's going on in the meanwhile at least.

before anyone does play the underperforming card, i mean, i've known my team for two years now and together we all became triple legends and beat previous tiers in a month, so like... legitimately not trying to brag but just, provide context on why i'm so baffled at how tight this damage check seems to be. we know how to Push Buttons

Does your group have pentamelded crafted gear? My static killed it for the first time today and I have to make everyone slow down DPS on the adds or they die so fast potions aren't up for the post-adds reopener. On our clear today I (one of the dps) died to the charging birds and got ressed and we still killed the adds before they exploded.

We don't pull them center for aoe, but Im pretty sure there's no "all 4 together makes you do less damage" thing so that shouldn't be causing your issue.

edit: Some log diving on a random one of your wipes reveals this (the comparison is to my group's clear):

You're doing way less damage from 3:30 to 3:50, which is during the tethers, people really need to keep the damage up there. The fact that you almost made the enrage check while doing like half the dps during tethers is pretty impressive.

aers fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 15, 2022

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

I think there literally isn't enough time to do this in No Mercy any more if you're 3/3 and Bloodfest is ready. I haven't looked up a guide, are you supposed to hold using NM until before Savage Claw so you can fit in a Burst Strike later

yup, 3 minute window is what you're asking about i believe

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Does anyone know if the quote attributed to the dev team along the lines of "we named thief rogue in ffxiv because the warrior of light wouldn't be a thief" is true

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Sounds very “they said the bosses from heroes gauntlet are jobs they decided not to add” to me

Yeah I'm thinking its 10 years of telephone out of this https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/181552-Interview-of-Yoshi-P-at-French-Japan-Expo-by-Secrets-of-Eorzea-website

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I just wish ACN/SMN wasnt stuck with the SCH weapon type

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Huh? SCH used books in FF3.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Hearing "RDM mobility problems" is fascinating. I raided verse and promise on RDM and keeping uptime was easy then, and its even easier now. Having to be in melee range for your melee combo when mechanics force the ranged dps out (that is, there's room for 4 people around the boss so your melee and tanks get the slots) was the most annoying thing, and that's been heavily mitigated in EW by the mana changes.

The tax for playing a non-BLM ranged class feels like poo poo and I'm swapping to melee next tier if I can

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I just need Lyon (Red Comet duel, CLL) and Lyon (Zadnor 3 duel, Dalradia). I can do Comet fine, the issue is the rest of the party doing it fine too. There's enough group-up stuff I can't solo it after everyone else dies.

reflect will get you through stack markers after everyone is dead. with that out of the way the deadliest thing is the tankbuster

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Less than 400 rdps short of clearing door boss. :effort:

Have you considered simply getting more critical hits?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I like how I know my dancer opener had lots of crits when I start Pinax at #3 on the enmity list instead of #7 (due to all the heals going out).

Yeah I never look at ACT during a pull so I just compare my threat to the NIN's after the opener to know if we popped off or not

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Weed Wolf posted:

I'm looking at the parses from the p3s clear I did last night and my (WHM) damage is not up to snuff with the other healer (SGE). I'm consistently getting outpaced in healer DPS, even in like the first minute. How can I figure out what I'm doing wrong? WHM rotation is pretty simple but I must be screwing something up.

WHM dps is on average about 200 behind SGE, which is why you can't really compare absolute DPS numbers between different jobs and conclude you're playing worse.

Also, did you check their gear? If they have a better weapon you're going to be even further behind.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

What's even the advantage to the invuln strats. The positioning is still specific for everyone and everyone still takes a hit. Feels like just using resources for nothing

dodging the pizza slice at max melee and then staying there is less cast time loss then moving behind a tornado

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Vitamean posted:

dunno if they fixed it yet but there is/was a glitch where you do this but your sch summons their fairy which'll do continuous tiny heals that count for critical healing each time

still a thing, dont think there's been a patch since it became widespread knowledge

aers
Feb 15, 2012

muscle slider can be implemented with skin texture work rather than the editing of 10000 3D models that would be required for an rear end slider so maybe they'll do it

aers
Feb 15, 2012

an AST solo healed the entire raid tier week 1 so clearly we're all just playing suboptimally by bringing multiple healers at all

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Arist posted:

Speaking of which, there's really no reason I should be doing so little damage as BRD compared to a caster when nu-SMN exists and has like, two hardcasts per minute

wow good news!

aers
Feb 15, 2012

With the live letter being April 1st, If everything is normal the patch will be on the 12th.

Theoretically 6.11 with ultimate will be the 26th.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

in the live letter they said there's just two versions of that outfit, and didnt say they were genderlocked

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its usually 2000 right side/3000 left side

aers
Feb 15, 2012

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

gently caress, I was screaming internally the whole time progging that as a healer. I can't wrap my head around doing it with just one.

this ast solo healed both e12s and p4s week 1, its just their thing

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Tamba posted:

So I've always known that the heal from Pneuma is super fast, but while going over some footage from E4S with a static member, we noticed that it's actually time traveling:

Yes, the heal actually happens before the cast bar is even done :aaaaa:
The same seems to be true for Succour shields as well. They used to be super slow to actually activate, but also get applied before the cast bar is even done now.

The server will process actions as soon as your slidecast window is up, but when they actually apply is kinda arbitrary

The thing that's very noticeable is status effect changes will get sent to your client at a completely different time than you expect and will often apply/disappear visually before you think they should relative to your actions

If you've ever spent any amount of time playing RDM its very noticeable with procs

aers
Feb 15, 2012

It's honestly all completely arbitrary and clearly something that can be tuned serverside.

Benediction still takes about half a day to actually apply.

DRK had that issue in ShB where one of its 10 second buffs lasted 11 seconds and the other lasted 9.7 or something and you could get 5 attacks in one but not the other even though both said 10 seconds (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_QZ3ug3jo)

aers
Feb 15, 2012

some new UI elements with farm-related names show up in the game's exe way back in patch 5.4 before island sanctuary was even announced and still are unused so it likely has some interactive features related to that (one of them is "SeedPouch")

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I used to re-bind turn left/turn right to strafe but I patched the camera to not turn automatically in legacy mode so now I can just use default keybinds and it effectively strafes regardless.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

looking forward to the sternly worded letter yoship is personally gonna send me over this UI modification stuff

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

Come to think of it, does FF14 even have a colorblind mode?

it has the 3 common filters but they leave a lot to be desired (especially in some raid scenarios where the visual language relies too much on color differences)

aers
Feb 15, 2012

basically markers really need to be designed like the playstation ones in ultimate, with a different shape and a different color, instead of just being two glowing orbs of different colors, because there's only so much you can do if you actually cannot tell two markers apart.

i know some people had trouble with the fire/wind markers in p4s p2 act 2. they do apparently have a visual difference outside the color but if you can see the color its super easy.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

I am pretty sure everything in FFXIV since StB that has a color identifier also has a shape identifier. Even if you're literally playing in black and white you can tell where to stand for e.g. the last boss of Vanaspati or Hells' Kier by looking at the shape.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

when the world first video came out with cactbot callouts i was like "ooooh SE aren't going to like that very much..."

the world first video having cactbot callouts would be very impressive given its been 2 weeks and cactbot has barely implemented the first 2 phases of the fight

the reality is one of their 2 outside raid helpers programmed custom triggers for them, which is something every world first competing group does. then the community pretends everyone cleared without ~Cheats~ and expects every casual/midcore group to do it "Legit"

aers
Feb 15, 2012

I got suspended in FFXI in 2005 for pos hacking so clearly the GMs had some power

I did, however, never get dinged for cheating my way into the endgame area which was locked behind a questline requiring you to be 70+ on a level 10 character

aers
Feb 15, 2012

No one actually going for WF was streaming for the very legitimate reason of not giving away information.

It just conveniently also lets them also use every tool at their disposal, which they absolutely do.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Vitamean posted:

did you do it to bazaar sneak oils to forgetful people like I did

nah I just went to hang out with some people in the Kirin room. when they asked how I got there I said I did the quest.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

if you pull the boss to a cardinal two of the towers are still in melee range for uptime and if you have a rdm you tell them "lol sorry i know this is exactly when you need to melee combo in your rotation but sod off"

as discussed in the thread north towers is a pretty simple strat and its the PF strat on aether at least.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

It's amazing they haven't done anything to curtail how many billions of gil subs are adding to the economy a month, but at the same time consumable prices aren't hyper inflating so I guess it doesn't matter that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Necromancer actually became a lot more common lately since a bunch of streamers did (or attempted to do) it during the WoW boom last year and brought attention to it.

Looking forward to deep dungeon 3 solo, personally