Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

Marcoing healing bubbles to drop at your feet can be useful if you can’t stand the cursor/are using controller. Otherwise I haven’t really found a use for macroing combat abilities, including Raise, for the various reasons people have already stated.

The new double tap to place is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

unless somethings changed it should just appear on regular high level nodes
if its the wrong one (the single person one) just skip it til a node coughs up the party one. you use your daily allotment when you gather it

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Why do Demi-Bahamut/Phoenix have increased emnity?

I’m not entirely positive but I think this is actually just saying the enmity from them are redirected to you and is just worded the worst way

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Pretty hosed up to have that zenos scene after they cancelled an ultimate tbh

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I love amarant and necron ff9 and gekijouban tengen toppa gurren lagann hen: the lights in the sky are stars (劇場版 天元突破グレンラガン 螺巌篇)

RME
Feb 20, 2012

You must cosplay ff4 characters to enter this ride

RME
Feb 20, 2012

first day is, maybe unintuitively, the best day to do content like this. no one knows poo poo and theres a lot less expectation in general. Hell, ACT often requires going out of your way to update so a lot of people might never even know how youre doing really

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Also to add onto my earlier point theyve outright stated that they make the first tier slightly easier since and including deltascape in stormblood. This is primarily talking about savages but it bleeds into the normals too

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Oh they released the first raid tier? Thought that wasn't coming until .1

That’s when Ultimate comes out

RME
Feb 20, 2012

for all the higher quality assets in 1.0 its also instantly counterbalanced by a ton of the enviroment assets being total poo poo, like ground textures being aggressively tiled and non varied at all. There was also stuff like the night time effect being a color filter to skew it bluer and darker. Theres definitely things in 1.0 that even current xiv cant really match but its also way too hodgepodge

RME
Feb 20, 2012

suuma posted:

wasn't there like, a pot that had more textures in it than player characters did in 1.0

people mention this one but im not 100% sure if its apocrypha or not

RME
Feb 20, 2012

yesterday my party accidently queued into 5678 with 3 dps and a healer and we got saint mocainnes hard. The conflux of endgame dungeons being kind of toothless, two expansions of removal making us stronger, and probably a little bit of the number squish we just went through it anyways and still got to wall pull. Pretty weird experience overall and it honestly took probably about the same amount of time, although it was definitely just trolling our healer doing this.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

CJ posted:

When raiding is it better to hit my cooldowns as soon as they come up so they line up with everyone elses or wait until i have my oGCDs and resources to use them in the cooldowns? I tried doing the extremes for the first time, and on Gunbreaker it feels really lovely when my Gnashing Fang combo or Blasting Zone slowly get out of sync with No Mercy due to The GCD cooldown or having downtime on the boss due to dodging a mechanic. It's also ridiculous trying to fit everything in to No Mercy when Bloodfest is off cooldown. I'm not even sure it is possible. Hope you don't need to use a defensive cooldown either because you're constantly animation locked.

There’s a few exceptions to hitting stuff asap and things like the GNB ammo combo is one of them, since it’s on the GCD as a cooldown it scales with sks but no mercy is a fixed 60s, you should always hold every other ammo combo for no mercy.
EW in general seems to be a bit messier with classes that have drifting built in, again largely because they put things on the gcd and scale them with sps/sks

e; I will say I haven’t really looked at too much gnb stuff since shb so maybe this is outdated by my sense is it should still hold, especially with jobs being so locked into 60/120 now

RME fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 25, 2021

RME
Feb 20, 2012

CJ posted:

Why would i need to hold the Gnashing Fang combo? Its cooldown is 30 seconds so it will ideally line up with No Mercy. The problem is if i ever don't hit Gnashing Fang the instant it doesn't come off cooldown because i'm in the middle of a GCD or i can't get in melee range of the boss, i then have to hold No Mercy for Gnashing Fang.

It’s 30s at a 2.50 gcd, it actually becomes shorter with any amount of sks, enough that it can easily come up a gcd before no mercy

As far as adjustments like that it’s fight by fight, there’s no real universal answer. Sometimes you just need to better about gcd uptime and sometimes you just have to do the best you can. Keep in mind invuln phases might let you re-align yourself

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The final decline in queue is when the month people bought with the xpac + 21 days they were comped expire

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Saying someone who skips is more likely to be primarily focused on raiding is one thing but the opposite direction is not the same thing and pretty untrue. Especially these days, a larger portion of the active playerbase is getting savage clears over time, thanks to a combo of content droughts from Covid, general increased interest in the game, and partially where that interest is coming from.

But also ultimately why would you care if someone skips cutscenes anyways. Weird thing for people to get so consistently hung up on anyways

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Turning your tank stance off after a wipe is actually the hardest mechanic in the game

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Xaela ftw

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Pagos is cool, i like dropping down onto the cliff ledges and they were cowards for shoving the pyros dragons off to the side

RME
Feb 20, 2012

No there’s an animation, it has a really cool earth dragon thing that knots around in it every time you proc it

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The upgrade path for EX weapons is they eventually get a crafted version with a cool unique glow down the line instead of any attempt to make them more than marginally relevant for raiding

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Big fan of the zurvan and byakko ones personally

RME
Feb 20, 2012

[One Player Per Job] is a red flag

RME
Feb 20, 2012

there's an unspoken agreement to not post the clear vod til world second is confirmed at the earliest
obv its one thing if people happen to cross the finish line on stream but thats not the case here

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Barreft posted:

So they've beaten the game in a few weeks. cool? at least it's JPN so they have some sort of healthcare system right? I guess with no worries of health debt you can really just do whatever you want in between working. Luckies.

source your quotes

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Harrow posted:

Definitely not opposed to bringing in people who have cleared if they feel like helping so I suppose I'll ask around the goon FCs/Discord when the time comes.

Either that or light a fire under my rear end and try to get into it in the next couple weeks, I guess. Part of it is that I don't have a ton of gil so the prospect of buying a bunch of crafted gear and then trying to pentameld it so I can contribute the way I should right now is pretty daunting.

I’m gonna put this in a harsh way; if you didn’t already have a plan for securing pentamelded gear you’re not progging at a pace where it matters. Get whatever normal/ex/crafted gear you can easily obtain and stick Xs into the guaranteed slots and you’ll be fine. Pentamelds are strong but they’re a sink aimed at people who need the edge on later floors, making sure you have good food and pots is a far better use of your gil.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

From what I remember the shadowbringers one wasn’t that long but the stormblood one took forever for some reason, so long it pushed back some of the part 2 to being in the 5.0 OST

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Give me another deep dungeon you fucks

RME
Feb 20, 2012

It’s a slasher villain mechanic because it starts with one person being in the wrong place and then methodically eliminates people one by one as you can only watch

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Some of those strats and arguments really seem to belie the fact that there’s only two patterns ever

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Some (but definitely not all) of the ARR 50s are still pretty cool imo

RME
Feb 20, 2012

SettingSun posted:

Is that the bug where if you don't take damage from slamming into each other it counts as a failure despite doing the mechanic correctly?

Yes, listed as a known issue right now on the lodestone too

RME
Feb 20, 2012

annoying to be reliant on others for midmats

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The quiet contemplation of your sins is an important part of prog that debuffs help facilitate

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Honestly it’s rarer for a shared soak buster to not just be immuned, which is probably why there’s an uptick in busters that straight up hit both tanks separately

But also shoutouts to banishing paladins to the stack zone in o6s

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Huh the paradox rotation stuff really eclipsed that the thundercloud and sharpcast changes really made things simpler in BLM. I suppose you’re even more incentivized to make sure every sharp hits a thunder cast instead tho

RME
Feb 20, 2012

you can use ariyalas toolkit to see what the chances are for each slot on their meld planner

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

feel like we had a really big thread argument once about whether Fleche and Contre-Sixte were water/ice spells or not

Why would they not be? They’re icicles and water droplets

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Hope the fourth NA DC is called dynamis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

for the raiders out there, what on earth is the deal with the adds phase in p3s lmao

you don't really read anywhere about people saying the damage check is tight. video guides i watched don't mention it. people in the balance do as the balance do and say "if you don't meet the check you're underperforming". and yet, my static has slammed into big adds enrage inconsistently. sometimes it seems like enrage triggers early. sometimes it doesn't, and yet we somehow just barely kill before it goes off. it feel like there's something we're legitimately missing here on how it's supposed to work. we were attacking them all before dashes, pulling all four to mid after dashes, doing a couple aoes, then returning to where we need to drop the bodies. even on pulls without deaths we would often see the animation of an enrage cast going off (though it didn't always kill us).

we gave up and started using caster lb1. it's made it omega comfy. it may cause problems in the future when trying to meet boss enrage, but i'm less concerned about that at the moment. gives us time to figure out what's going on in the meanwhile at least.

before anyone does play the underperforming card, i mean, i've known my team for two years now and together we all became triple legends and beat previous tiers in a month, so like... legitimately not trying to brag but just, provide context on why i'm so baffled at how tight this damage check seems to be. we know how to Push Buttons

hey this is kind of a wild shot but
is your group full of parse lords? according to fflogs that part of the fight deosnt actually exist, in any sense, for some reason. If someones overpooling resources cause they want to reopen with more they could be griefing you. Then again if people are acquiescing to an lb then maybe not?