Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

did they update ffxivlauncher? I remember people were having trouble getting it installed

Yes. The plug-ins are mostly updated as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

nevermind just got my answer :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

They can’t fully fix the 2002 error until 21k people stop trying to log in at the same time per DC.

This also applies to the in queue issue because they’re claiming that the issue is your packet drops and then it tries to add you back into the queue and there it goes.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

KoB posted:

On the other hand, two whole Hoary Boulder voiced scenes.

Boulder fans feastin.

But his husband is still unvoiced, so are we really?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

I finished up to the first dungeon.

They have some serious chutzpah making Fandaniel's real identity Amon.

A boss from a raid years ago.

And not even the MAIN boss.

AND NOT EVEN FROM THE LAST RAID.

How much time did Koji and Ishikawa spend reading the "Emet is Amon" theories and laughing their asses off?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

Those were a thing?

They sure were.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I recommend playing that raid sometime while you're going through the MSQ
You literally have to starting from 5.3's release.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Whenever things seem dire in FFXIV remember: you could always be playing New World instead.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

also

Fandaniel: Okay I left my clone in Syrcus Tower.
Emet: Wh
Emet: Why did you make him giant

My friends and I were speculating on whether the Amon in the tower was a clone or the OG and he left after we fought him.

We decided that it was a clone, but he let Emet think it was him sealed so he could cloud- and skyfish for a few thousand years.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Marcoing healing bubbles to drop at your feet can be useful if you can’t stand the cursor/are using controller. Otherwise I haven’t really found a use for macroing combat abilities, including Raise, for the various reasons people have already stated.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

I want to do this now, but just random yells and grunts, so every fight is a constant stream of YAAAAAA AAAAAAGH HURG in /party. Going for those negative comms!

Make sure to add sound effects for maximum annoyance.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

IMO the plot has always suffered the second the Garleans are on screen, and EW is about the only time where this isn’t the case. Part of the reason I disliked Stormblood so much is just that I think they’re real boring antagonists to try and carry an entire expansion’s plot on. Plus I just think the fascist nation getting eaten up from the inside as a result of their own indoctrination of the heirs and leadership is more interesting and powerful than toppling them in a war. Them going out in a whimper under their own bullshit is a far stronger statement.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TGLT posted:

In the run up to the first dungeon, when they're dividing the group you get to point out you're also a healer. The response is that's exactly why they need you up front - you're the group's best healer. But I do wish they acknowledged the healers more than a few moments. It's like, that and I think one moment early on in Stormblood?

There’s also a moment at the start of Shadowbringers.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I close my eyes, tell us why must we suffer
Release your hands, for your will drags us under
My legs grow tired, tell us where must we wander
How can we carry on if logging in's beyond us?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

/pizza is an individual character emote so rip if you have alts, you need to choose a favorite child.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I have an alt because I wanted to play bnuuy boi but I was too attached to my Au Ra main to Fantasia her.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Mercydia is also apparently the ancestral homeland of the Mi'qote, which makes everything about G'raha hilariously ironic in retrospect.

If we do go there I hope its like Fist of the North Star but instead of Ken we get a doe-eyed catgirl who can punch people to death before they even realize they're dead.

I mean this is the very expansion where he reveals his ancestors were slaves at the time of the empire.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

rest in peace, kings

The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Pandaemonium main companion: In addition to everything else that has been said, Themis is introduced as "Confused Boy" - that is to say he's noticeably younger than the other Ancients we've been hanging around with. Which is also one of the traits we know about Elidibus.

Also, again he shows up in the stinger talking with Elidibus’s voice. At this point it would be a twist if he wasn’t our Elidibus.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Prae>Castrum, even though it’s longer. It’s easier to do whatever while the cutscenes play and it’s also easier to crack jokes in chat. Also the slightly better exp.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah as a BLM main, we didn’t get many flashy new things or big changes but the QoL stuff we did get makes it play a lot smoother, especially leveling/when synced down.

Also Paradox is fun.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

central dogma posted:

My main issue with BLM is that it's the hardest caster to play on controller, mostly because I can't figure out a logical ability layout. They have ice and fire phases for both single target and AoE. Plus tons of oGCDs used frequently. My setup has gotten me to 90, but I'll never parse high because I fat finger the rotation too often.

This isn't really new with EW though. BLM has always been my least comfy DPS class on controller. For comparison, I find DRG and new SMN to be the comfiest.

I have it so that R1+face is the basic single target spells (X is Fire 1, A is Fire III, B is Blizzard III, Y is Thunder III), R1+ d-pad is basic AoE and also Triplecast (Left is Triplecast, Down is Fire II, Right is Blizzard II, Up is Thunder IV), L1+face is the “special” AoEs and also Sharpcast (X is Sharpcast, A is Flare, B is Freeze, Y is Foul), and finally L1+d-pad is “special” single target (Left is Despair, Down is Fire IV, Right is Blizzard IV, and Up is Xenoglossy). Everything else is on my extended Crossbar.

It could use some refinement (I probably should switch Triplecast and Sharpcast for instance), but the general idea is to group by number of targets and correspond the elements to roughly the same spot. Triplecast and Swiftcast get to hangout in front because they’re the oGCD cooldowns used the most but you could also switch one of them out for Lay Lines if you wanted to, I guess.

Scaith and Sleep are straight up not on my bar anywhere because lol.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 24, 2021

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

admanb posted:

G'raha in EW is g'reat.

Also he has several Exarch-y moments in the game.

G’raha is both Exarch and moe at the same time. That is, perhaps, the appeal.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Gearhead posted:

I was misremembering my layout. This has the maps for 1.0 and ARR, we have access to less of Mor Dhona in ARR than we do in 1.0.

https://www.ffxivinfo.com/maps/mor-dhona

The fun bit is that there was an open world dungeon on the south side of 1.0's Mor Dhona that was labelled as Xande's Tomb. I'm curious about what happened to that, or if there might have been anything interesting to find there. Maybe we'll go back one day? Maybe not.

https://youtu.be/r87PZIhZ_vY

Likely it’s where the Crystal Tower is now and thus it was destroyed in the calamity when it re-emerged.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

one day I hope to hate somebody as much as Emmanellain hates Sicard

Hmm. I think you misspelled a word there.

I support my dumbass brother-in-law and his slap slap kiss relationship with his pirate boyfriend.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 28, 2021

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Herois is a word to mean "great hero" or goddess so it is used instead of the name to avoid spoiling randos when you have it out.

Just like the 5.3 minion is “Wind-up Mystrel”.

Still doesn’t work great because his hood is down but it’s the thought that counts I guess.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/sp3ktr4/status/1482221953318469633?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh, is there a way to turn the censoring in the in-game chat off?

Under character settings->log settings there should be the option to turn off the censor. There’s some other useful switches their too, like turning off the max height when flying and the action not being ready error messages.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Admittedly I don’t play healer on harder content, but I haven’t had more issues with WHM’s MP than I did before EW. I don’t tend to run out unless everything is going wrong to the point I need to be casting Cure II and Medica and raising when I’m out of Thin Air. Lilies are part of MP management because they don’t cost MP and if you have a Lily there’s basically no reason to use Cure II or Medica over a Lily cast.

That said, I’ve also been focusing on leveling my DPS first because I find that more irritating than leveling healers, so I haven’t played AST since EW came out.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah in general in single target it’s more important to keep the Fire ball rolling than the Thunder ball. Just refresh every Ice phase.

In AoE it doesn’t matter though because all your Fire spells refresh AF anyway, so mashing Thunder IV immediately is a good idea.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

Yeah, thanks for all the blm pointers. I'm just really glad that I don't have to shift my blm mindset that much. Though I still need to set the standard rotation better so I stop fumbling it.

The regular rotation is very hit the same button over and over. I like to think of Ice as the start of the rotation, so it’s B3->T3->B4->Xeno->Paradox with Xeno and Paradox moved around as necessary for movement and maintaining Umbral Ice. Then F3->F4->F4->F4->Paradox->F4->F4->F4->a Firestarter Proc’d F3 if you have it->Despair->Xeno if you have two Polyglots. Then it’s back to Ice. On cooldown you can also throw up Manafont after Despair to get another F4 and Despair.

Otherwise, weave in movement skills when needed. Sharpcast can be used on Thunders for optimal play or to ensure you get your Despair off by refreshing the counter with a free F3 at the end for safety. Plop ley lines where you feel it’s safe on cooldown but don’t get too attached to them. You’ll get more dps standing out of them than if you die trying to greed and get smacked by AoEs.

In summary, the basic rotation without weaved oGCDs is B3->T3->B4->Xeno->Paradox->F3->F4->F4->F4->Paradox->F4->F4->F4->F3 if proc->Despair.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

I don't understand why they made veraero III the best spell animation in the game and verthunder III the stupidest

I don’t understand why half of RDM’s sound effects sound like getting slapped with a wet fish instead of like. Wind and Thunder.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/lovelltchl/status/1484136453726965764?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Make sure you go to Gridania to pick up your glam then.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Macaluso posted:

The first one makes me the most uncomfortable. It rules!

The only downside to that dungeon is that if you go back in explorer mode everything in the third section is already dead. What an absolutely bonkers insane decision, I want to take screenshots there!!!!

I just really love the story + music + Metion's voice acting + the enviornments. It all comes together in such an amazing package for me, I get so excited when I get it in my EX roulette. Smileton is a close second. I actually would like to see Stigma Dreamscape the least, even though I don't think it's a bad dungeon. But I (and I know this is going to be heresy to say) don't like the song THAT much to listen to it for the entire dungeon. The Smileton and Dead Ends music is some of my favorites this expansion. But anyway, the Dead Ends has the same kind of feeling that Amaurot does, where you're being told a sad story from a sad narrator and it lands so perfectly for me.

Might want to tag all of this.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/jammbandit/status/1484344083493445634?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Scholar and Summoner sharing experience is good because it means i don't have to play scholar

:hmmyes:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/aelynn000/status/1485092691193049095

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah it’s better to look at 2 seals being the goal and 3 seals being a nice bonus you get sometimes. Just smash the Astrodyne button when you can unless you’re like. Just ending a fight and want to save it for the next trash/a boss I guess.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Harrow posted:

In other Black Mage news, I complained about it enough that I crossed over to the other side and now I love it. Been doing dungeons with it to level from 80-90 and getting owned by boss mechanics because I keep tunnel visioning to get in one more Fire IV just let me cast gently caress you and honestly having a good time

:getin:

Join us…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Onean posted:

Yeah, I was sad about that too. :( At least there's the earrings?

In other interests, they made a FFXIV-style map of Australia and New Zealand.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1485938008503173122?t=cl-HTlKYWN4Jk-sG3klSPQ&s=19

Wow I can’t believe they spoiled Mercydia’s appearance.