Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Queued up for the final boss now and drat this expansion is sick as hell.

I appreciate that the dialogue choices in response to Zenos showing up were "gently caress Off" and "Fine but also gently caress Off".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Endwalker is good. Not quite as good as Shadowbringers, but that's a ridiculously high bar to clear. I think SHB had a more nuanced and personal storyline, while EW really blasts you with raw emotional scenes. Which, to be fair, is thematically appropriate for EW.

Taken as a whole, FF14's story is superb. The fact that they've managed to take eight years of so many different plot threads, weave them together into a mostly cohesive tapestry, and deliver a satisfying ending, is no small miracle. When the finale was all over, I had a feeling of emptiness for a day or two - I was genuinely sad that it was over.

But there are still plenty of adventures to come, so here's to that.

Ah right, I also snapped The Important Screenshot of Endwalker. It's cheesy but it made me do a little fist pump anyways.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Furnaceface posted:

The DNC changes are extremely subtle since timers didnt really change either. But its just feels so much smoother somehow.

I'm mostly just still adjusting to drowning in Esprit all the time.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Draxion posted:

Has anyone seen (non-story stuff) Yugiri in Endwalker? Every single other person I've ever met swings by at some point but I don't remember seeing her.

She's featured prominently in the Physical Ranged DPS role quests.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

For those that have finished the MSQ I have a couple of questions I'd love to pose.

What is your favorite new dungeon?
What is your favorite new map?

For Myself (Various Large Spoilers All Across The Expansion, including towards the end)

Dungeon: Ktisis Hyperboreia is gorgeous and I'm still listening to the music from there on repeat. I think some other dungeons probably have more interesting fights & mechanics but this one felt special. Doing it with Trusts was an A+ experience.
Map: This one is harder. I love Thavnair & Radz-at-Han for being gorgeous and interesting and also just because I'm a Dancer main. But objectively I think either Elpis or Ultima Thule probably win. Both are extremely gorgeous with a lot of amazing plot beats and great music.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Well since people are posting spoilers in this thread, gently caress it, I'll share my joke from the other thread. Spoilers through Level 87 MSQ:

Hermes: "i have made a von Neumann probe"
Emet-Selch: "you hosed up a perfectly good bird is what you did. look at it. it's got anxiety"

(Seriously. Big Spoilers up to Level 87 MSQ)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Someone earlier asked about good AF sets this expansion and I will just once again say that the DNC gear for males is extremely fantastic.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

(Overall Story Spoilers)

Hermes was also dealing with major anxiety and depression as a result of the rift between his views on life compared to the rest of his kin. When it was decided that they'd take Meteion to the city for investigation he probably assumed it'd inevitably end up with the concept shelved and Meteion scrapped. We already saw how horribly it affected him when a random creature had to be killed so imagine what the thought of his closest companion being discarded would do to him. He wanted her to have fulfilled her purpose at the very least so as to not have had a pointless existence.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

My Sage testimony is that I was in Dalmasca last night and couldn't get myself to run in the right direction through confusion to get out of an AoE on the last boss. So I just flew to my tank with Icarus and was safe at the last second. It will be hard to play a healer without a dash now.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Mystic Knight would be rad as hell for a DPS job. Having a melee fighter that imbues their weapon with various elements to do different things is a cool aesthetic to work with, although I suppose Red Mage somewhat does a little of that. We've seen Mystic Knight shenanigans in the game before though, from Warrior of Light EX where he'll imbue his sword with an element and it changes how the next attack behaves. Dunno what they'd do for weapon though since they typically just use swords.

Corsair has been tossed around a lot from FFXI fans. Could use a cutlass with offhand pistol and have some gambling flavor skills, otherwise maybe they work as the inverse of Red Mage and stay in melee but get a mobile ranged DPS burst window or something.

Geomancer is still on the top of my list of wants though. WHM has largely abandoned its roots in nature magic the past few expansions and there's certainly a gap in the job roster for that Druid archetype kind of thing. XI Geomancer was pretty interesting in that they had a lot of spells that could either be cast normally as single target affairs or be placed on the ground as AoEs that would pulse the effect. Either way though it's one of the last few holdouts of super classic FF jobs we don't have yet.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It's also one of your only options for when you need to move in the middle of DPSing a boss, except it's still awkward for that with it being melee range. So yeah just dump it for damage.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The best way to enjoy MSQ Roulette is to use the Personal Orchestrion mod and play Papaya for the entire run. Really sets the mod for Gaius' fascism speech in particular.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Begemot posted:

Finished the new raids! They were pretty good.

P1 was probably my least favorite, I never did figure out that board game mechanic. Is it just that he attacks all the colors he's pointing at? I just followed other people for that one.

The others were all really fun, with P4 being my favorite, that was just a lot of really cool mechanics, and a great design. I wasn't expecting this raid series to start with Castlevania, including a character that is literally SotN Dracula but with glasses.

I guess I'd rank 'em: P4 > P2 > P3 > P1. The Phoinix was fine, but it was really hard to make out some of the tells against the background, and this is literally the third time we've fought a phoenix, c'mon guys.

Lord_Magmar posted:

To answer a question depending on the board game, he either gives you a fire or ice debuff and then explodes the crystals in the quadrants from the bottom up. So if you have fire debuff you need to be hit by an ice spell and vice versa. Being hit by a spell gives you a matching debuff so you have to alternate ice and fire. The other board game he either will explode all the orange/red or green/white sections of the floor, based on the colour of the swirly magic around him (if the swirly is orange it's the orange floor, if the swirly is green it's the other one).

And to add to that: He'll start doing his Larboard/Starboard chain swipes during/shortly after both mechanics so you gotta watch for what side is safe on top of doing the floor mechanic correctly.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Next time y'all have meltdowns can you at least not completely gently caress the mobile experience. If I'm gonna scroll for 10 minutes at least write me an essay.

Also Fordola is cool.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

In the process of getting Sage to 90 as my healer so I've been trying to decide what Tank I want to level.

And the perpetual cycle of indecision begins again because tanking is the role I play least and I've never settled on any of them to play consistently. :shepface:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

How is it that the ARR Relic is still the best WAR relic all these expansions later?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I hopped around a few times but I'm back to being a big roe dude and it's the best. My favorite moment is still that scene from Stormblood with Asahi where he's trying to threaten you. Except because I'm a giant man and he's a tiny manlet he's practically breaking his neck to look up at me while trying to look menacing. I promptly started calling him an Angry Hamster because no matter how sinister he was trying to be I couldn't take him seriously when he had to look up so hard at me.

As far as fashion goes there's a lot of stuff that looks awkward or stretched out on me but on the flipside a lot of the bulkier stuff like robes tend to look fantastic.

Here's some of my recent glamours:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

So after having just posted about being a male roe and some glamours I made a spur of the moment decision for New Year's. No idea if it'll stick but...

I enjoy the irony of looking at the Twink Race and making the least possible twink bunny boy I could.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Holminster is just spicy, especially if they decide to big pull the first and second legs. Sage can also have a bit of a rough time managing that amount of incoming damage at that level because a lot of their good tools unlock pretty late.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I fantasia'd to male viera on New Year's as a spur of the moment "gently caress it, it's new year's" thing and while I'm still undecided on if I'll stay with it long term I'm pretty drat happy with my WAR glamour.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Eureka is a massive slog of an undertaking that took forever and was incredibly tedious to deal with. At the same time though it had the most positive community of people to interact with throughout the experience and even though it took me 3 tries to get my BA clear all the runs lead by the Aether people were pretty smooth and entertaining.

Place still sucks but at least you're suffering in good company the whole time.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Unlucky7 posted:

Questions about Pandaemonium 4: During the attack where everyone is teathered to an orb, I get that someone else that isn't the marked role on it must eat the ball.

1. Are the orbs distributed roles such that it is 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS? Therefore, in order to be most efficient, tanks and healers must absorb the DPS orbs, so that the remaining orbs the DPS can absorb. Is that the right of it?

2. More of a tank courtesy thing: I find that if I use cooldowns (specifically, Bloodwhetting), I could possibly absorb 2 orbs (The orbs put stacks of Thrice Come Ruin so 2 is the absolute limit). Should I not do this if I do not absolutely need to, for the sake of not stressing out the healers?

Fun fact, the orbs always spawn in that standard set so if you're doing Solo Tank/Solo Healer shenanigans poo poo goes really sideways and you end up just having to sacrifice a DPS to the mechanic.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Ended up not sticking with the bunny man look.

Instead I'm now Auron, but he's a caster.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The jury is still out on if Summoner is good in terms of DPS and stuff right now. Pretty much everyone agrees that the job is way more rad now and finally plays to the power fantasy of summoning big fuckers to smite your enemies.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

DPS leveling also has the option of trusts. It'll take a bit longer than the average pubbie run but you bypass the queue times.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Sorry but the official lyrics are wrong.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Mainwaring posted:

Weird that they felt no need to do the same for dancer, whose parses are hugely dependent on tech step crits.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Talking about job changes, I'm pretty happy with Dancer. No potency buffs but now you don't get punished for hitting Flourish with any procs active since they are now separated. :toot:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

This is a good update.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

What top is that?

The Level 90 Dancer Artifact gear. They really hit it out of the park with the Dancer set in Endwalker it's so drat good.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I have to share my boyfriend's plate because it's just too good. It gets better the longer you look at it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

An update because the animation is important.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 14, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Goons continue to be stubbornly weird in their opinions I see.

The horny pics don't particularly bother me but it's not hard to see how they would bother someone else for a large variety of reasons.

Some of y'all need to practice learning a little bit of empathy.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

A Moose posted:

I still want Dun Scaith housing. That place looks pretty sick and we already cleared out most of the voidsent, shouldn't be too hard to go back and clear out the rest!

My own personal desire will always be Alexander Housing. The interior you go through in A10 before fighting Lamebrix is just this big steampunk city looking place and it looks rad as hell.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 15, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Warmachine posted:

The fact that they apparently have combos on one button in PvP really makes me hope they port that into PvE at some point. I like button economy and right now SAM pisses me off that I have to dedicate 6 buttons to my builder combo. They could cut that in half by making each combo path one context-sensitive button GNB-style.

The devs are adamant about not doing that but there's a third party plugin available through XIV Launcher that does it. Definitely a game changer for some of the jobs that are button heavy.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Dancer has a potentially really impactful LB but then feels like they aren't doing a whole lot outside of that. I suppose the AoE damage from their spin dance is fairly high if you can actually catch people in the whole thing.

I've very much been preferring Bard though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Cleretic posted:

So, where are the floating island and volcanic CC maps even meant to be, as far as the game world goes? Neither of them quite resemble anywhere we've been.

The wind map is designed after the floating islands of Nym in Outer La Noscea and the bomb map after the volcanic hot springs of the Kobold region.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

SettingSun posted:

Playing into the meta is lame. I'll play gnb all day because it is a blast to play.

You can take Bard from my cold dead hands.

It's funny how many games I just get ignored while pick off weakened targets or soften up others for my team to pounce. And I buff their damage just for existing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

All the wolf marks I've gotten out of actually playing PVP has provided me a new Bard glamour.

It's the full Republican's Sagittarius Set dyed Marsh Green and the Yoichi Bow dyed Soot Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Reaper makes for some real good Edge screenshots.