Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Just finished the main story and I enjoyed every moment. Not only did I like the story, but for the first time in a long time I had trust in it too. It touched on a number of themes I've seen before that others crashed and burned with, but this game really rewarded my faith in it. A++, would Endwalk again.

I'm now scouring Eorzea for tomestones for the new raid series and am delighted to report the new tome equipment has increased my armor's Amano-spike capacity by 50%. I mean, look at this poo poo.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
You know that Rydia top from the new tomestone gear? It is super fun to glam with.

Did some classic-inspired outfits. Tellah (caster), Rosa (AST), and Strago (healer).

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I regret to inform you all that I have become an anime. Again.

(Sike, this poo poo's baller! I am actually quite enthusiastic about this development.)

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Well met, adventurer. I see you have spied me going total sick house nasty on those bad guys who wrecked your poo poo in just the previous scene. My name is Mysterious Stranger and I'm certainly not the antagonist from the previous game/expansion, dressed down, and on a quest of atonement, nor also your secret sibling/parent watching over you from afar. Pray, do not follow me onto that foreboding castle where the current villain's number one lackey most assuredly resides. Your level is far too low and my blade thirsts for battle!

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Stay calm, everyone! The Eorzean Civilian Rescue Corps. has arrived.

The only way we're getting through this catastrophe is TOGETHER! To that end, I need everyone who is able, to post their BEST SAGE GLAMOURS in this thread! Everyone else... pray.

*wark*

(Sage has finally clicked with me and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Though I am still having trouble when panic-healing the team back to their feet after we eat a bunch of avoidable mechanics.)

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Oh no. Chunni's been clownified!

"The tanks should do the healing and the heals should do the tanking! Honk honkhonkhonk honkhonk! I'm gonna eat your fingers."

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Been trying to play the game, but found myself inexorably pulled to playing dress-up again. Palom and Porom from FF4 After Years this time.

Also,

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Still tweaking the outfits, but am digging how well they're coming together. (sneaking pic 2 in because I like it so much)

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
"Hey, sweetie... Whatcha thinkin' about?"

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
The new beachwear is A++. Keeps me cool while scanning the beaches for signs of Chaos.

Speaking of ear touching,

"No, Cid. No I am not... Who are these people?"

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

CobiWann posted:

What pieces are these?

Let's see...
I have on summer glasses from a previous beach event;
the summer top from this year's;
elemental gauntlets of fending from Eureka, dyed brown;
a pair of ruffled pantaloons, black;
and Scion's traveler's boots, dyed a different brown.
Oh, and moonward paladin weapons. So stylish, them.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
New patch, new outfit. After the latest dungeon, I felt a great urge to conform to a theme before continuing and I'm now a Troian fight-dancer.

Now that my glam situation is sorted I can finally get back to playing the ga-- Oh.

"Get in, nerd. We're going Once-ler-ing."

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I had to release my rare human-faced monkey from my island pasture. It was frankly upsetting to look at. The whole outpost felt unwholesome just knowing it was always around. Lurking. Its piercing blue eyes, unnatural large size, and mouth always agape... Just, egh. gently caress that thing.

"gently caress this thing." -Chunni Harlow

I neglected to screenshot the heroic moment I told my rare monkey to gently caress off, so I captured a second one just to berate it for the above re-creation. Human-Face Monkey Jr is still in the pen, but as soon as it fills up again... gone-zo!

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Just did Panda number 5 and holey moley was it a blast! I don't think the first fight in a raid block ever wowed me like this. I'm gonna have to run it one more time before continuing.

As an aside, I am just a little annoyed that I gotta hang with the bad hair crew again: Cow Lick and Bed Head. I mean, they're good kids, but they desperately need to learn that they are allowed to pay other people to cut their hair for them. The older gentleman from the trailer seems to be on speaking terms with his barber. Here's hoping (speculation) we don't have to beat him up like we did Sexy Dracula last time. Tragic loss, that was.

Photo of myself and the crew. Identities obscured for legal reasons. (General 6.0 and raid story character spoilers, I suppose)

"Don't pout. All I said was I know a guy who can fix the terrible, terrible mistakes you've both made."

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I settled on an Island Sanctuary outfit. No, I don't think owning capital has changed me. Why do you ask?

"I'm just doing what comes naturally."

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I watched a couple streamers do Orbonne Monastery earlier and it made me think... "Huh, I wonder what the High Seraph looked like back in FF Tactics," and then "Huh, I should try to glam that."

Captured the spirit, I think!

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Happy page number 666, everyone!

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Crackerjack posted:

I watched a couple streamers do Orbonne Monastery earlier and it made me think... "Huh, I wonder what the High Seraph looked like back in FF Tactics," and then "Huh, I should try to glam that."

Captured the spirit, I think!

Serendipitously, or perhaps by the hand of providence itself, an FC mate (a hero amongst heroes) linked a shirt in chat that was exactly what I was looking for to complete this outfit. This shirt, plus the 2B pants make a convincing and villainous-looking long sleeve leotard. Oh, I am just pleased as punch!

I have no idea what expression I was going for in these poses.

edit: the chad High Seraph

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Staring down a looming mandatory 2 day rest period, my mammets came through in a clutch with just 23 cowries to spare.

"If you work hard, keep your nose clean, and continue putting in your 24-hour work shifts, I'll get another one next season."

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Hecks yeah, new emote! Time to get the crew together and fire up gpose. Maybe I oughta macro it with this enraged expression for, uh... 'everyday' use?

edit: "Your whole body shakes with anger at how poo poo your teammates are."

The warrior of light has been watching anime again.

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 21, 2022

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I fear this game has its hooks in me again. I've been FOMO'd by a moose. I'm not mad, though. Lookit this fukkin' honker! What a boy. So majestic. So many clops!

Updated an outfit too. Gotta start the new patch in style.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

rantmo posted:

That is not a moose that is a reindeer/caribou how dare you

A what? Hold on, let me get my glasses on...

Hmm...

Grrr-rr-rr..!

No, I'm sure it's a moose!

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 31, 2022

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 31, 2022

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Fashion report: The New Year's outfit is the bee's knees/10. The jacket looks especially nice when dyed and--Oh poo poo..! Is that... Nashu Mhakaracca, the best character in the game, standing right behind me?

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Oh, I can add something to the Hildibrand fashion discourse! I just did the Kugane ones and found, by total accident, that apple green dye makes a fantastic contrast to Nashu's tasteful pink ensemble. Made the scenes POP!

Er, well, it looks better in the daylight... As a side note, I have the worst luck when I log in. It'll almost always be nighttime in Eorzea, like right after sunset. Why do you do this to me, game?

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Good. I need all the assize I can get.

Now let's see Paul Allen's card.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
How fun. New portrait options and a nice new glam? This game spoils me. I appreciate that the top and bottom are separate pieces and that there's an alternate set of undergarmets included in case one finds pants too bourgeois.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
The new dogi item is finding its way into all my outfits. It's the best.

Ta-da! I'm a spooky ghost wearing some manner of burial mask. What ghastly visage does that mask hide? Whatever it is I bet it's horrible, like really off putting.

I think I'm going to stick with the moogle mask. And make the switch to pants.

The excitement never stops at the goon house.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Any tips on interior decorating? In particular, how to section out areas into appropriately sized rooms, cubbies, and lofts? I have a terrible sense of scale being a miqo in a roegadyn-sized world. I have an apartment, but since there's a gaggle of new property owners popping up, this seems to be a great time to ask.

*frustrated guttural yelling*

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 21, 2023

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Dareon posted:

Make a difference between a hard and a soft boundary between spaces. I put in the full wall piece to firmly distinguish the tailor shop space from the bedroom space, then used the shorter screens to further block sight lines into the "private" region. Beforehand it had only been partitioned with the wardrobe and the small partitions, which felt too loose:

[...]

Another example of soft boundaries because you can barely fit multiple hard-bound spaces in the ground floor of a small. Each space is defined by its rug. The tonberry rug later became the defining floor covering of a kitchen, which I should get a picture of.

Thank you! This is sage advice. Using rugs to mark out rooms gave me a much better idea of the space I had. And finding a balance between walls and partitions kept things spacious for... you know... all my things.

Forward and reverse shots in normal lighting. That's the bedroom, living area, 'storage' by the entrance, and a kitchenette. And an empty loft (no idea what to do with it). I'd have brightened things up for clearer pictures, but that dampens the ambience. I am a big fan of layered rugs and lived in spaces if you can tell.

"So, yeah, you all just sit down wherever and I'll go grab a lighter!"

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Post-escapade chill out session with the crew.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Eventful day in Eorzea, today.

There was a wedding. Spudz & Ruby being the ones tying the knot this time.

Here, the cute couple enters the sanctum.

Oh, sorry. Here they are.

First serious injury of the night, 3 minutes after vows taken.

Then the lovely couple make their exit, mount their frighteningly large marriage chocobo, and fly off to slay an S-rank monster nearby in the Sylphwood. As is custom.

The new property owners of the FC are getting their places organized. I was invited to visit the House of Grem located in Ishgard, which was excitedly described in FC chat as "maximalist" in nature... and described by the surrounding neighbors as "a blight."

This is the right ward, but I wonder where it could be?

Oh! There it is. Eye-watering in its incandescence. Higher resolution. Though, I regret that I didn't better capture the fullness of the wondrous visual cacophony of the lawn fixtures.

There's even room in the basement for activities.

It's only proper to sign the book as you leave.

Thank you to everyone who let me be a part of their evening. I had a good time!

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 24, 2023

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Some ding dong won the housing plot I bid on and it wasn't me. Complicated emotions followed:

Anger, depression naps, drinking (with falling sakura blossoms),

Cursing the gods, sadness-derived pyromania, and further drinking (while loyal, tight-lipped friends clean up after your firebug episode).

At least I have my returned deposit of millions of gil to console me... plus the aforementioned friends who will absolutely not rat me out for trying to burn down the FC house.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I got me some new drat portraits. This time I've been futzing with the lighting. I'm quite happy with how they look.

This portrait thing just bullseyes my old art kid tendencies and I am powerless to resist. "Sure, the duty finder just popped, but wouldn't you rather spend the next 10 minutes making micro-adjustments to your mug shot instead?" Why, yes I would, brain. Thank you!

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Havin' a time. Doin' some (fashion) crimes.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Some paragon of fashion on another website made a smart warrior of light outfit without the usual wol items and I felt compelled to take a pass at the idea myself.

I dig it!

Apropos of nothing, but how tough is Seat of Sacrifice EX unsynced?

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Since boss arenas have been brought up, is everyone aware of this option in the character config menu?

I ask because I didn't find out about it until late into Heavensward. It tilts the camera so you can see more of the space above your character, making vistas (in the general sense), tall baddies, and all the weird poo poo happening outside boss arenas easier to see. I've not had that setting on default (33?) since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Had that "make a Celes Chere outfit" compulsion again the other day. This time I took more liberties in translating the look while keeping the colors more consistent with the source. Looks good, if I do say so myself! Then Freya Crescent, too.

And did somebody say Homestuck? ...No? Literally no one? Well, this is awkward.

"I am a fan of the number eight!"