Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

No Sharpie marker add on showing it is projected to hit North Carolina? For shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Sublimer posted:

I live in Bowling Green and it came super close to my place. I was very lucky and it doesn’t look like anything is damaged but I need to check my roof closely tomorrow. A neighbor a few houses down had a tree fall on their house and destroy what looks like a solid third of it.

The restaurant I ate dinner at last night is now a pile of rubble and so is my favorite liquor store.

Yesterday morning, I could just feel it that it was gonna be bad. It was like 60 something degrees at 6 am. Very odd for December. Planet’s dying Cloud.

After enduring the Bowling Green massacre you deserve a break.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/1469832225818652678

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

EorayMel posted:

I'm surprised we went this far without a sharknado reference so here we are

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

External Organs posted:

I don't think Ive seen a president with less cult of personality than Biden since I was a kid (I don't remember GHW Bush but I can't imagine he had a rabid fandom, so maybe he's comparable).

He had quite a few supporters. He was in a weird place as he and Reagan were primary opponents in Reagan’s first campaign and he was brought on as VP to bring the more moderate Republicans on board with Reagan. During the primary he was correctly calling Reagan’s trickle down garbage “voodoo economics” and Bush and Reagan didn’t work well together or trust each other much for several years.

When Bush ended up being a one-term President it basically sealed the Republicans behind Reagan’s vision and killed the moderate (and liberal) factions in the GOP and helped us get where we are now. I kind of wish Bush had beaten Clinton. Reagan’s vision weakened, no Hillary running in 2016, and no Benghazi or email ‘scandals’. It sounds kind of nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Blooster posted:

And of course I don't think innocent people should die because of how their moron neighbors vote. I'm just being an rear end in a top hat.

KY definitely deserves their poo poo jobs, poo poo wages, poo poo doctors, and poo poo teen pregnancy rate though. You'd just think they'd learn eventually. "We're gonna vote Mitch McConnell in again for the 30th time....this time he'll make things better I am sure of it!!

They had to elect McConnell again. Someone was making fun of them again and making them feel bad.