Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Saw pics of some dude who made his own magic cards in some lovely for-profit-only prison in texas. used toothpaste to "glue" them to playing cards. just wrote rules he could remember onto paper scraps.

theoretically you could just playing magic without any cards, but mental-shuffling seems rife for questionable draws.

End of the day Wizards needs Magic Players more than Magic players need them. If Wizards went out of business tomorrow... there'd be new fan created set continuing the latest unresolved story, probably a kickstarter to get a print run going within the month. There are totally obscure TCG that still get new sets by fanatics decades later, if Wizards went away a game as old and popular as Magic would instantly have so many people all over it working to forge news sets and standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Saw somewhere that you can run a local version of card conjurer. Haven't set it up yet but didn't seem too hard from the instructions.

Not trying to be competitive but I can tell what I put together is really messy
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/qJyQdT8IfEi5TbQ6dkOPbg

I've been wanting to make a snow deck, never played the snow sets and its cold outside and I just want to make this. Kinda just added a ton of the snow cards that seemed good, went with Jorn, God of Winter as commander. The other snow commander options had too high mana costs or didn't lean into snow every much. It's funny how cheap this deck is, so many snow cards dirt cheap lol. Casual deck but also i still want it to be like actually trying to do something while being winter themed.

I think my main wincon will just be face-beating, but I have a couple ways to keep all the untapped mana I should have floating around, and if I understand these cards correctly(Kruphix god and horizon stone), I keep that mana basically until I lose it or these cards removed... assuming that's really how it works, then I have a few win conditions based on dumping mana into stuff like Dark Depths.

regarding Dark Depths: Does Thespian's stage copy it exactly, like if I play it with only 3 counters, does the copy also only have 3 tokens or does it start with a full 20? I'm guessing the former since Thespian's stage already done entered the battlefield and I don't think copying this way counts as that card entering the battlefield? Could be totally wrong. This might also not even be a good combo now that I'm typing about it. 30 mana just to summon a 20/20 is already a moonshot, and trying to copy it at the right time seems eh. Sounded fun last night when I was building this but seems hard to pull off and not that crazy if I do, one extra big boy to remove.

I think Exsanguinate could also be a wincon if I end up floating a crazy amount of mana. Hmm, wondering now if I should have at least a third way to keep unspent mana or maybe something else to do with it when I get it. I might also be lacking card draw and removal. I put a maze of ith in there thinking maybe I can use it to protect my commander on the field but I guess plenty of other ways to remove him if he's not equipped with hexproof and stuff.

List is really creature heavy, partially because I'm really wanting a very icey snowy deck. I looked at one of those crazy 5,000 dollar deck lists and it loses so many snow creatures that they are basically the kinda generic $$$ deck full of expensive s-class staples, except snow lands thrown in. Which I guess is the strongest thing to untap and lean into but still, not very wintery. lol I added Frozen Shade because its frozen and looks cool with a edgar allen poe flavor text, but realizing now any big-mana I have will be mostly colorless so I cant pump her into a surprise threat. Looks like I got room to cut from creatures.

I think I'm missing ramp/land-finding, partially because most of those are super generic and just not fun to think about when first deckbuilding, but also most of the ones I know are very very green and warm. I am still half tempted to cut Kruphix just because he's clearly in a very muggy warm environment. He's made of space and space is cold, though so he can stay. I saw a few Jorn decks that leaned into Control with tons of cards like Winter Orb that just freeze other players mana or boards, but while thematically appropriate, seems like everyone at the table would just be bored and annoyed. at the same time, lmao if everyone is getting 1 mana per turn except for me, who gets all my mana when Jorn attacks. Frozen Aether feels more chill and fair so I threw that in. Are there some colder rampant growths out there?

I kinda struggle to figure out what to do with untapping snow-creatures as Jorn goes to combat. With Rime Tender, I think I would tap her to untap a land, then when Jorn attacks, untap her and then tap her again to untap another land. Makes sense I think, but not many snow creatures have something I can do with that. and like, if i untap a tapped creature, I can't suddenly attack with them since Jorn would have already gone to combat phase, right? Or is "whenever jorn attacks" when he actually hits something, ive been assuming its just when attacks declared.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Thespian's Stage becomes a copy of dark depths with 0 counters on it, regardless of how many Dark Depths had.

Unless you have a mirror box or whatever, you couldn't make two marit lages anyway since they're legendary.

Oh poo poo, well, wouldn't that just mean I could get out a Marit Lage for basically free once I have Dark Depths and Thespian's Stage in the battlefield? that seems crazy!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Very cool, I'll definitely add a few more cards to help cheat out or even copy Marit Lages. You know I haven't built a commander deck yet where I absolutely want some specific pieces bad enough to add any proper tutor cards, but some of the Marit Lage combos seem pretty fun and now I sorta want to be able to nab em on demand too lol. and its not so many cards that this deck veers away from snow.

I need to play commander more regularly cause I play Draft pretty consistently every week and I keep evaluating cards for my commander decks as if I were drafting and getting excited about draft chaff I shouldn't actually put in my commander decks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
maybe I'm just old fashioned mutant but I just keep track of life using my fingers and toes. theoretically a problem if i gain too much health but i dont play any life decks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
some people mutate to drink cow milk, some to make weird creatures on board, while others go for the extra digits

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Who wants an Insect tribal commander?

Would work pretty well with the graveyard synergy insects from 40k commander.

I've been trying to make custom cards for a bear/insect tribal deck and this is either going into the deck or I'm ripping it off for a custom variant.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

nrook posted:

This character’s neck is unsettlingly thin

cat's necks are always thin, they're just very fluffy and nobody wants to trap them in absurdly small collars. but once you remember this is just a cat inside of a mechanical body shell it doesn't look dangerously thin like it would for a humanoid:

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 23, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What card just has the most horns?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Semantics. They're effectively the same thing.

I'm with you, so far this is the most horns I've seen on one card.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wasn't around for the kickstarter but seems like a really good case design. Hoping some retailers out there stocked up enough I might be able to snag one after the fact.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

i feel like i'm watching a couple of tweakers. Ari got the jitters and seems to really want to bend his cards and is constantly doing weird crap with them, sometimes just sits there trying to bend the corners of his cards. other dude acting like his cards are precious heirlooms except when they're in hand and then he manically stacks his cards then flits through them like he's gonna magically shuffle new information into his hand. I can't even watch the board, too distracted

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I should start cataloging my tokens. sleeving a commander deck just now, realized I didn't pickup any tokens for it. Looked up the appropriate ones for this deck and the next im making and jeez, I was expecting like 5-10 cents each. One was like 18, others 8, 6, 3. I dug through my token box and found a few, but the rest I'm just gonna make my own because feels silly to spend over a dollar for a dang token!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I was also saying to catalogue em just because if sometimes a token is secretly worth 18 bucks, I'd rather trade that for 9 bucks in singles credit than have the token. Bet some of those ad-cards and alt-rules cards have some random ones worth way too much for what it is.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tarnop posted:

Same, a few weeks ago I played Incite Rebellion and then got really confused when I started reading the card aloud and it wasn't Disrupt Decorum

i confidently revealed the wrong card from hand trying to play Epic Confrontation, opponent was confused and I was like "oops grabbed wrong card" and then i corrected it by playing the artifact removal I was hoarding and then finally fixed it and played the right card.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I got a Crimson Vow Collectors bundle box in the amazon sale the other day. It wasn't damaged on outside but inside was missing the dice, and the foil lands packet. The collector's booster also seemed weird, it was really hard to peel open at the seams like normal and you could see and feel glue and couldn't just peel it open like normal, but maybe that's normal for collector boosters idk. There was nothing good inside but that could also just be the pack being bunk the usual way and seems totally insane to rifle through one collector booster, take a stupid foil land packet, and spindown die.

Amazon returns process just doesn't seem to let you be specific at all about the return with damaged/missing rolled into one, only asking if the outside box or inside packaging was damaged, presumably so they can determine if they can reshelve it or trash it. They are sending me a new one, I'm sending back this one.

Problem is, what do I send back exactly because I already tore open the 8 set boosters before I even noticed missing die/foil land packet/maybe-weird collector booster. Some of the packets were still on my desk but most in the trash and wasn't going to go digging around in there. I opened this other non-collector vow bundle also got for same dirt cheap sale beforehand and had them loosely sorted into piles of lands/tokens/art cards/rares/rest to make it easier when I scan with delver eventually. I mostly wanted the spindown and box lol

the collector booster is all still together stuffed back in the torn pack, but everything else would be loose cards and trash wrappers. Presumably they will just throw this away and the most expensive thing between both bundles was like 3 dollars who cares, I just don't wanna get charged for both or do they care enough about anything to flag someone as a grifter or something and honestly I'd almost rather just buy the die at this point than try to recreate 8 booster packs, cant imagine anyone would be checking anyway once you see the mess. i also feel like i've now put way more thought into this than amazon ever deserves, even if i mail back an empty box dont think ive returned anything before what are they gonna do? feels like an awkward thing to return anyway i slice it now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah 22 bucks for giftbox was cheapest I ever saw em so took the Amazon gamble and lost. I just wish my LGS had better pricing on boxes, I've bought a couple but it always feels like I'm donating 20+ bucks to the store for the inconvenience of having to go in. They do marketp rice for cards usually though so I try to get singles from them as much as I can.

xK1 posted:

Did you do the automated return process or did you do a direct chat with customer support? I ordered a box of Unfinity, supposedly new directly from amazon, but when it showed up every pack had been opened, missing the land, and all the non-trash rares. When I went through the automated process, it wanted me to send it back but when I contacted support directly they told me to keep that one and they would just send a replacement (which then had the exact same problem, and they refunded me after that).

Every support link that seemed like it would bring me to a person or even an automated chat type thing all lead back to the self-service page.

pseudanonymous posted:

Amazon sells returned packages to a third party. As long as it weighs about right they don't care at all.

I see, well, it would be the wrong weight even if I didn't touch anything since it was missing a whole lands packet + dice. After work I'll try and get in touch with somebody because it's a waste of ups, mine, amazon's, and the third party package place to be mailing this trash around back n forth

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yo wtf is up with space ebeleren and why anyway? that was one of the first rare cards i ever opened and i wasted so muc htime in the draft just trying to understand it's weird bullshit an potential use. I loved Unfinity but that one card just seemed like an annoying pain in the rear end for very little benefit and making opponents hate you. I assume it's bad, as a joke, but I don't get the joke beyond it being needlessly complicating the board state for everyone involved.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Fair enough but wheel seems like immediately fun/kooky, Space Beleren seems like a worksheet problem to deal with. And lol at this latest professor video, first things I got when playing magic were cards from Unfinity and D&D cards and I thought the dungeon stuff seemed fun. Kept thinking of making a deck with all the bonus junk I could cram in there. I settled on an attractions themed commander deck I've still not got to try out

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
okay card was missing context for me but umm, that card seems kinda cool? at least in a hypothetical version of mtg focused on creature combat, but I always want land to be more of a game element than mana sources in the back row.

Serf posted:

Yeah that deck seems a lot more fun to play with/against than the turn 3 win storm decks and Grixis Thoracle combo decks I usually see.

I thought he was actually going to play this deck after showing it, but I'll get to my play my most dangerous gamer deck this weekend anyway to see at least how all-in attractions go.

Cracking up at the snow lands part of this video. Bulk of my Jorn Snow tribal deck came in last night and I was sleeving it up wondering why I had like 9 versions of the same exact snow land art. Usually I try to make every mana have a different art, so I looked the other snow lands up on TCG Player and just weren't enough to make a full varied spread of any (and getting all out now involved some 15+ dollar cards) so I must've said gently caress it make em match instead with the cheapest.

When's the next snowy set, need more basic snowlands.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Got to test my Jorn snow tribal deck out today, albeit only 1v1, but whew it was a lot better than I thought. I ended up winning from Conifer worm, double-pumped it to add +7/+7 each time and trample got him through his wall of dinos. I thought the Marit lage junk would end up being my wincon, and still might when there's full spread of players, but just getting double-mana and having tons of snow permanents out was surprisingly strong. I even got to be a little poo poo and nearly cost myself the win by rite of consumption in my commander I had pumped up to a 7/7 to deal that 7 damage to bring him to 1, and then still resummon Jorn (without his counters anymore) with remaining mana.

I want to start putting together a commander decklist full of cards that help opponents, mostly inspired by All Hallow's Eve, I tagged a few other green cards that let opponents play free lands or tutor their decks and stuff, but it kinda seems like the "help opponent" cards are pretty spread out across colors. Pfeldagriff is the commander I've seen that expressly helps other players with its abilities, but lacks black colour identity for All Hallow's Eve which is the main thing I wanna play. Guess I wouldn't mind sneaking in a lil wincon or two if it doesn't require build-around, mostly just wanna stuff in as many symmetrical and opponent-beneficial cards as possible without anything that doesn't help someone else in some way. So far my only idea is pretty generically using Atogatog since I know it has rainbow and is nearly worthless even in a hypothetical atog deck. Still hoping there's a rainbowy commander option that outright helps opponents rather than just being worthless/non-threatening. Haven't found a good way to filter cards by "good for opponents, not good for you" but also doubt I'm the first person to want to build this concept

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha well my first idea was just a deck made of the shittest cards I couldn't possibly win with, while still executing some cohesive idea over just unplayable cards with bad curve or something. Then I was in a game where I just wasn't gonna win, wasn't bout to die, but just too far back without good catch-up tools left, but I could actively help someone else against someone who set me that far back. While I did not win that game, and was still the first one out, I had a lot of fun using myself as a resource in a way I wouldn't if I had been trying to continue to play optimally to recover my original gameplan.

If I pursue the Group Hug idea I know the archetype name and will be wary that it might not be fun for everyone or myself and absolutely pack in some wincons to make sure any hug may come with a juicy backstab. I'm new enough of a player that pretty much every new deck type I build or play against is still neat, new, and novel to me. Kenrith isn't a bad option but the idea of playing with a guy who's a king named ken kinda bums me out. seems like 9/10ths of making a commander deck is being jazzed about the idea and face of it.

Alternatively, I absolutely want All Hallow's Eve in a deck no matter what, and if nothing else, I can shove it in a witch themed deck I wanna make. Reckon the useful way to play All Hallow's Eve would be to use it in a way I can remove the counters immediately, after having exiled everyone's graveyards one way or the other. Bojuka bog. Are there other interesting ways to summon from other players' graveyards, whether for themselves or for you? Witches and graveyards, I don't have a dark deck or a graveyard deck yet. I can keep looking around, got a handful of random witches already.

There are two other random cards I bought just because I really loved the idea of them, and don't know if they're "people discourage this"/"maybe ask your group" cards or not.

Goblin Game. I like those kind of fractional damage cards, there's a weapon I had in an draft once that did half total life when equipped creature attacked. it wasn't actually a great card, waste of mana in the game i actually got it to hit, but idk, i think it's neat. Goblin Game in particular the idea of a little wagering game with life on the line seems fun to me.

Clear the Land... when I bought it just to fill out some shipping minimum, I misread it. I thought it made everyone reveal top 5 of library and pull all lands revealed into play tapped. It does do that, but I ignored the part where it removes every other land in play. The picture is a weird chewbacca-rhino ripping up a tree and I like it. How rude is it though?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Anyone got a sweet Saskia list to share?

i take it theres somebody out there in particular you dont want to see win

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the deck looks fun, i was just laughing at her commander power. "pick a sucker and beat them down no matter what"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Okay last night I was super excited and built a new deck just by including three cards I know I wanted to play no matter what, a couple weird combos for them, and then stuff I think is neat and won't stop thinking about trying. It is not focused and presumably very bad, but I have 4 focused decks already and aside from my Attractions deck, nothing really Weird yet. I have some benefits-all type stuff for general monkey wrenchery, but hopefully a few ways to punish or capitalize on those benefits. Got a few ways to wager health down or just halve it. Seems like a couple ways to maybe sting folks on wheeling type effects. Same for stinging lands and such. Couple things to maybe payoff All Hallow's Eve, albeit even if my entire creature roster was in graveyard to bring on board, it's not that scary of a board in and of itself I don't think. This might be my deck with the least creatures in it so far.

I should probably have more removal and boardwipes for after a Eureka or something... but once I start thinking "i should this or that" I basically start making it more efficient and focused and cutting stuff I like. I'm at the point now where I'm tempted to cut into mana/land to make room for more toys.

Price of Glory is one I worry about, is that 2rude? Reckon a lot of my fun n games here can be shut down with a counter and that counter-counter might be nice. Mage's Contest also seems like a really fun and bad counter that suits this nonsense deck.

For a while was thinking Adun Oakenshield since it had the colours and was only 3 cmc, xira for similar reasons, but already had Yurlock of Scorch Thrash in the deck so went with him.
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/YWj5EODOLEiMcUY4zh9KIw

Is this complete nonsense or could this work like I'm loosely imagining? Anything in my sideboard I should definitely swap out for something in the deck, or cards I might regret playing entirely? I have only 34 lands, but a few other cards to function as mana or ramp, so 37 or so if those count.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Simone Poodoin posted:

Used my gates deck again yesterday. Was about to win again but someone had been saving a land destruction spell all along and blew up my maze’s end. Then I wasn’t able to find one of the ways to get it back from the graveyard before I died.

This deck is much more fun than expected despite shuffling all the time being annoying.

oh maze's end seems fun, a gate victory wincon. With Thespian's sage, could you copy this? Would you be able to do the search and return it to hand presumably it becomes Thespian's stage again (you lose stickers when stuff goes to hand so assume copy powers do too). Or would you lose the thespian's stage entirely since it's become a copy of something is now maybe a token of itself?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Pffft, clones. Who plays those?!

Is clones as fun as it sounds? That was one of my first deck ideas but it was way too much blue and I went elsewhere and haven't circled back. Trying to get a Sakashima Thousand Faces for my Jorn deck but seems like could be a fun commander in an of itself. I want 6 mono decks longterm. For Blue I'm torrn between a clone theme or a Sun Quen Horsemanship deck.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is that just because you can't reliably count on opponents always having a board since some are cowards afraid to face you on the field of battle? My original idea was all-in on copycat spells and clones.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

My Ivy, Gleeful Spellthief deck has a pretty strong clone sub-theme and let me tell you, that poo poo both slaps and is so fuckin fun.

The look on your opponent's face when they cast an aura and you get to say "that will trigger my Ivys, and I will create 4 copies of that aura" is :yum:

haha the main thing that held me back from making an Ivy deck is I saw someone playing her and where we play commander the tables are just too small for how much copy tokens and such they had around. Still looked fun and the risk of buffing your stuff when she's around is good tension

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
those games are always weird, i get wanting to stuff your deck with cool stuff but idk, blasting something off the board is cool and lets you do the other fun stuff your deck is packed with. Ivy did get targeted that game which I also like because I was just goading and dragoning.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Has anyone played a Vanilla tribal deck, I was wanting to pair this next weird thing I'm building with something more normal and chill and seems like there are actually a few good specific commander options for vanilla tribal. The better ones still have some non-vanilla synergy creatures but I think I'd wanna go all vanilla besides commander. There is a vanilla commander option though, might as well go all-in. If it's just not amusing I could easily upgrade it to spicy since I'm pretty sure swapping vanilla creatures is the easiest deckbuilding cuts I'll ever have to make.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Silhouette posted:

Broke: Ruxa vanilla creature tribal

Woke: Raggadragga mana dork tribal :getin:

Ruxa was one I was considering before but man this pigman is making me a very enticing offer. It kinda sounds like my Jorn deck, just gross abuses of extra mana. I don't have a grull deck yet either.

i loving hate commander. you cant go a single fuckong day without thinking of a new way to blow through 200 bucks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

Buy Proxies! gently caress Wizards right in their revenue statements. Eliminate the gatekeeping artifice and try Proxies today!

I buy counterfeit proxies all the time, but they are expensive too lol. I ain't printing my own poo poo, I already set up prints at work, I will pay a man in china 200 dollars to send me roughly 200 cards on the finest cardstock and glues copyright law will allow a person to buy.

That said I may have to break down and visit MPC because this horsemanship tribal deck I wanted to build has like 30 multihundo cards from the Four Kingdoms set and only a few of those are popular enough to warrant counterfeit quality proxies.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
cutting opponent's decks is my least favourite ritual of Magic. I get why it's a thing but man do I appreciate playing with just friends and we can skip the deck cutting poo poo after every shuffle.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah at FNM Draft if we've played enough to be on first name basis I sometimes wave away or let them cut themselves but most people still cut mine. really at start of game whatever, it's subsequent shuffles. I dont wanna cut ritual every evolving wilds or w/e.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
got to play Most Dangerous Gamer today. Wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, like, super inconsistent obviously, but once you have 10+ attractions out, lol, basically guaranteed something nice each turn. Didn't win, but one opponent got a good run and we didn't draw good enough removal in time. I Saw in Half on my own attraction-etb creatures was a fun combo, especially since I kept getting it back randomly from a haunted attraction. Might swap a few cards here and there, this was the first commander deck I made from scratch and think there are even some new tools I could consider.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I brought my Drake posted:

I was all gung-ho for my stupid dice rolling deck until I discovered that you only roll for attractions on your upkeep--they don't proc every time you roll a dice like I thought. I still have it together and it's still goofy but it's not the dice rolling extravaganza that I thought it was going to be.

Yeah, woulda loved a card or two that forces an attractions re-visit mid-turn. They are all so random and janky doesn't seem like it'd be busted. I like the idea of it and hope it's revisited in other sets, unlikely, but like I think it would be applicable to tons of non-joke settings. We already have lands but they are more mana than they are representing places, Attractions are a neat way to get a little closer to the various things that are interesting about various settings that aren't animate beings or abstract actions, just places/attractions.

Centaur of Attraction is the ultimate dice-rolling card, especially if you saw in half her. 15 dice rolls from one creature!

I think comet might be the better die-rolling commander theme. oh nvm limited colors there

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
a broken brann bronzebeard with an OP body and also stax thrown in i bet i could make cards that balanced and though out

3B 5/8 vigilance, lifelink, horsemanship
when Broken poo poo ETB take control of X opponent permanents permanently (they are legally your property forever even if you try to sell them), where X is whatever you feel like.
opponents can't play permanents or draw cards while Broken poo poo card is in any deck

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't hate him or get the general animosity some people have towards him. He doesn't seem wrong about this card if nothing else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Ban the top 75 most played card in every color

Am I the only one who would love this? I haven't even built that many decks and the number of cards that feel like they just go into anything by default because they're clearly the best thing at common things everyone wants to do is too high. Some kind of freaks n geeks format, no cool cards.