Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

WerrWaaa posted:

I was going to buy a booster box assuming the Jurassic World cards would appear as often as Transformers cards did but it appears they are much more rare. Hoping their price tanks. 🤞

Picked up the Ravenous Tyrannosaurus for $8, and some lands. Waiting for the raptors to go down in price before I bite on those.

I wish I could tell my younger self that I'd one day have a deck with the T-Rex from Jurassic Park teaming up with Godzilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Buddy,, friend, pal, have I got news for you

(It kills everybody with a Blood Artist and Rata in play)

That’ll definitely slow down my dinosaur deck.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

TotalHell posted:

Managed to find the Dinos precon for retail instead of at an insanely marked up price. I’ve looked at a couple of upgrade guides(including Balon/Commander Mechanic!) but was curious if anyone here had thoughts on easy upgrades (outside of the usual “make the manabase not terrible”).

Add in the Ravenous Tyrannosaurus and one of the Godzilla because if you're not putting Jurassic Park and Godzilla in your dinosaur deck, what's the point?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I know it’s not optimal, but I put all the dinos from the Jurassic World Secret Lair in my deck. Going to try and play commander for the first time this weekend.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

PicklePants posted:

I have friends who try and make thallid decks work.

That rules. I was a friend to thallids and spikes when I was young.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

In the Considering list below the decklist has cards I could potentially (and some I really want to) add. If you have any idea on some one-to-one swaps, I'd appreciate it.

Throw in that Godzilla for fun, and maybe consider Polyraptor. I’m also using that Huatli you’re considering.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Veloci-Ramp-Tor was my first commander deck and I was really happy with it.

Was planning on doing a cats and dogs deck, so the news of this Secret Lair deck is exactly what I’m looking for.

It’s crazy going on to tcgplayer and seeing the content I’ve been missing over almost twenty years.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Got my Cats and Dogs deck today. What should I add to it? Definitely getting Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist because I’m still all about the original Weatherlight crew.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Whatever works, but preferably dogs. Not worried about being competitive, I just want to have fun.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is the cats and dogs secret lair deck any good out of the box? Looking for something chill / casual

Youtube was making it sound like it was going to be pretty good out of the box. I wanted to test mine out today, but I've been so busy I haven't even had a chance to open it. I'm half tempted not to open it because it's selling for double it's price, but those cards are too cute to deny.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Cleretic posted:

I just got home with my Fallout deck preorder (still going to the actual launch event tomorrow, because I have to finagle a copy of Wild Wasteland somehow), and holy poo poo the Survivors deck is cracked. I knew it had some good cards, but this is genuinely hard to pick out the stars of. I need to go to that launch event solely to see which of these cards aren't as good as they look, because they can't possibly be.

I'm at least picking up that deck because apparently, I'm only buying Red/Green/White decks now that I'm playing commander.

Forgot to mention in this thread that I finally played commander for the first time a couple weeks ago and had a lot of fun. Cats and Dogs didn't do much, but my Dinosaurs held their own quite well. I haven't played much Magic in the last twenty years, but I didn't feel out of my depth.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

What are some good upgrades for the Dogmeat deck that mostly stick with the Fallout theme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Anyone make a commander deck using Voja? I haven't had an elf deck in like twenty years, and was thinking of doing something with elves and wolves. There's so much stuff these days, it's hard to narrow it down.