Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

Big shout outs to Pseudanonymous for his help compiling this OP.

Request: IF YOU HAVE IMPORTANT POSTS FROM THE LAST THREAD, RESOURCES YOU WOULD LIKE INCLUDED, OR JUST SOME CONTENT CREATORS YOU LIKE, :justpost: AND I WILL ADD THEM TO THE OP

Don't know the posts offhand or if you'd be inclined to make a more updated list, but I've always liked your lists of good cards to pick up on a budget.

Great OP, it's nice to have a fresh, new, shiny thread. May it not pringle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

My other suggestion was that points would carry over month to month except for the the Top 3, who get their prizes and then their points wipe, putting them back at zero. This gives lower powered players who come every week an inevitable seat at the table so to speak, if “Mana Screw Mark” just signs up and puts his $ down every week and just grinds then they’ll eventually end up in the winner’s circle, to incentivize program loyalty and also give lower powered or less skilled players an eventual moment of “Hell yeah, I came in 2nd, I get a fetchland for my deck, awesome!”

It would be great to just run league every week, I would definitely get my mid-power decks up to snuff to crush the tables :getin:

I feel like this is the "everybody gets to be happy" option. You're not punishing people for playing cards that they want to play or forcing them to play worse cards to appease people who think that cost automatically equates to power-- and it allows low power players and less experienced players to eventually get a chance in the spotlight.

Policing power level is a fool's task that makes no one happy, so I think this is the best way to go. Maybe make it so if you were in the top 3 for one month, you're not able to be in the top 3 again the next month, but if you would technically be in the top 3 you get a bit of store credit while the runner-up to you gets the prize for that place. (Say you were in the top 3 this month and would happen to be #2 next month, so #3 would receive the #2 prize and #4 would get the #3 prize?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Batterypowered7 posted:

Played against a person with very well put together decks yesterday. They weren't cEDH decks, but definitely decks with a very specific path to victory and where every card in them was meant to further that strategy. It really put into perspective how average my decks are by comparison.

I really like my Riku deck, and while it has plenty of good interactions, the games made me reflect back on a lot of what's been said in the thread regarding good deck building practices. The deck is really mana hungry and does not have anywhere near the amount of mana acceleration it needs to really go off. Now I'm at a crossroads where I've got to decide whether I'm okay having perfectly serviceable decks for casual tables or if I want to tune the deck into something more powerful and consistent.

Sometimes the best learning experience is not having people tell you what you should do, but see someone who is very good at deckbuilding demonstrate their deck in action.

You can look at decklists forever, but the best decks are the ones built with synergy in mind (and you can do this on a budget!), and are especially tailored to your particular meta.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

Given that Hatred is not available to the deck, yeah

But trust me, it does not work the way you think it does. It is a commander damage deck. Pako gets huge insanely fast even if you're in a 3 player game. Haldan is basically just an afterthought. You'll get so many cards to play that you won't even bother with it.

Pako and Haldan are one of those pairs that really scale to the meta. The higher quality of cards your opponents are playing, the better Haldan is.

The times Karma has played Pako against us have been utterly backbreaking because being able to essentially get +2/2 to +3/3 every turn on top of essentially drawing 3 cards per swing is just so drat good (especially if you hit an opponent's combo piece or wincon).

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Still kinda wanting to grab the Prosper precon, the Quandrix Precon, the Bant Equips precon, and the Silverquill precon myself.

Since I'm thinking about converting my very battlecruiser Queen Marchesa deck into a more high-power "treasures matter" deck, the Silverquill deck looks like it will quite happily fill in its role. Inkshield looks like an absolutely nuts card in a very, very, very slow pod.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

I use Felisa as a commander and Inkshield is especially great with her. Tons of Inklings

Bingo. Inkling tribal, pump the deck full of anthems, swing out. That or do some Skullclamp shenanigans with them.

It's not my preferred way to play commander by any means whatsoever, but it will probably be the best way to have a casual deck on hand to play if needed that I won't hate playing.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I want to say I think Ikoria had some of the coolest EDH stuff in recent history, but at least half of the coolest stuff was in the commander precons :v:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Kinda want to build that Adeline deck....

Also god bless the Moxfield Collection/Wish List feature. It was a little tedious to get it started but it gives me a really nice look at what I'd need to pick up if I want to build any particular cEDH list.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
cEDH has become pretty exciting over the past couple years and so many new doors have been opened for lower-color decks. Like yeah you can totally still play 4-color partners or 5-color, but some of the most intriguing decks I've seen lately are monocolor and 2-color-- and it feels like every pairing (even Boros and Selesnya) are valid now.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

We still don’t really have a cEDH Orzhov deck, and the only Rakdos decks are Prosper/Grenzo and those are both Doomsday combo still.

Okay yeah Orzhov sucks. I guess there's a Tymna/Tevesh Szat deck though?

Rakdos has Anje and Kroxa too.

quote:

Osgir is good but not cEDH viable because his combos have too many fiddly steps without the resilience of Gitrog, and Koll seems ok but only one Content Creator believes in that deck so nobody even knows it’s viable. Hopefully we’ll see more R/B commanders with more exciting ideas in 2022

Boros most notably has Winota! Koll and Osgir are cool too.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

TotalHell posted:

That Adeline deck is cool, wish it didn’t cost $2,200.

There's a lot of diminishing returns with some of those expensive cards. You can more or less cut everything that costs more than $15 (though the creatures above $15 here are real good) and replace it with something else and it'll still play well.

Keep in mind cEDH is all about optimization and (ideally) you'd be proxying cards to make up for ones you don't have. Decklists that people make to showcase cEDH deck concepts tend to run the most ideal pieces, regardless of price. It's not a hard and fast rule though and you can still make a strong and competitive deck with some compromises.

cEDH is much more a deckbuilding philosophy than it is rigid netdecking.

Your overall goals in cEDH are:
-Low curve to maximize action economy. This does also include fast mana when possible. Lands that come into play untapped are a must.
-The best possible synergies with your overall strategy to minimize dead cards
-If you're running a proactive deck (fast combo), try to hit your combo asap either with protection or before opponents have a chance to respond
-If you're running a reactive deck (stax/control), try to include as many effects as you can that slow or stop threatening strategies (be redundant if possible, and all the better if the effects hit you asymmetrically)
-Minimize "pet cards" that don't serve too much of a role in your deck or overall strategy
-Eliminate "win more" cards that are either useless when you're behind or only good when you're already winning
-Understand the general cEDH meta and stay up to date with common decks and strategies so are able to properly assess threats and know how to handle them

Those extremely expensive cards don't matter quite as much as people like to think they do, imo. Yes, optimized cards do generally improve card quality and increase your odds, sure, but it's by no means a guarantee. Again, diminishing returns.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Batterypowered7 posted:

Are you telling me replacing the $650 Mox Diamond isn't going to make this deck unplayable? I don't know if I believe you!

E: Around $1059 of the deck's cost is just from Mox Diamond, City of Traitors, and Mana Crypt, lol

Well yeah.

If there's any cards in this deck over $15 that I'd prioritize for cEDH use (and as general staples):
Linvala, Keeper of Silence: cheaper now than pretty much ever thanks to Jumpstart, she's an asymmetrical cursed totem)
Elesh Norn: great finisher, also cheaper now than ever thanks to the secret lair
Esper Sentinel: RHYSTIC. BUDDY. Windmill slam this dude into every white deck, that is all.
Nykthos: Very good in a monocolor deck. Not quite as much of a general staple though. Overdue for an actual reprint, The List doesn't count.
Enlightened Tutor: grabs a lot of silver bullet stax pieces. I suppose you could substitute Idyllic Tutor or Moon-Blessed Cleric until you get one though. Overdue for a reprint though.
Ranger-Captain of Eos: A tutor and a silence effect is great. The fact that he just sits there as a threat makes it a stax piece in and of itself.

Cards over $15 I'd put on a lower priority:
Rick: Great card, but he's supposed to have an in-universe reprint from The List soon, so will very likely be cheaper. White aggro decks aren't really super common in cEDH, but he's a staple for that archetype.
Serra Ascendant: Great card, not worth the cost imo. Wouldn't be surprised if it got another reprint soon.
Torpor Orb: Perfect in this deck, not really a general staple though. Also overdue for a reprint.
Land Tax: Quite good, but only if you're behind. It definitely happens since you're in white, but still.
Jeweled Lotus: Incredibly good and can get Adeline out for free on first cast. Used in a ton of decks, great staple.
Urza's Saga: It does so much. Just not too much in this deck.

Cards over $15 you don't really NEED but they're great to have:
Mana Crypt: It's sol ring 2.
Mox Diamond: Incredible card, but is it really NEEDED in a monocolor deck? No, not really.
Null Rod: The best Null Rod effect.
City of Traitors: I've never liked this card. Ancient Tomb's better.
Ancient Tomb: It's sol ring 3.
Gemstone Caverns: Most of the time it's a colorless land.

If I missed any I'm completely apathetic to them and they're probably not staples in general.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 5, 2022

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Oswald is still viable. https://www.moxfield.com/decks/QSOSSOWsOE6-bpoZG2H_Fg

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually going to be retooling my Queen Marchesa pillowfort deck into a more high-power Treasure Matters deck. It's not Negan (and I'll probably retool it to "Negan" once it gets the in-universe printing), but I think Marchesa herself serves a pretty nice role in giving rattlesnakes or card draw.

Meanwhile I'm leaning more toward making my hyper-casual deck of choice a tweaked version of the Silverquill precon or something something Selesnya Lifegain +1/+1s with Lathiel or something.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Jiro posted:

Am I the only one that doesn't look to buy singles at "near mint" most of the time?

My personal (loosely defined and malleable) algorithm:
$1 or less: best quality and art, foil if possible

$5 or less: best condition or art if possible, foil if it's a staple and not just a card I'm using just for one deck

$10 or less: best condition or art if possible, foil if the price difference is just a couple dollars or if it's a staple card

$50 or less: any card at this price or higher better be a staple. Best condition if possible, but LP/MP is fine. Foil if the price difference isn't too different from the nonfoil.

Above $50: I'll usually take the best deal in the best condition I can get. If I'm buying a card at this price point I'm doing it because it is not only a staple but also a piece I typically expect to grow in value, so I want it to be as good as I can get.

That's just my brainworms though. The logical side of me knows damaged cards are just as good, the lizard brain just isn't as excited to buy them.

Also "near mint" and "lightly played" are pretty much the same thing in my eyes.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I watched a Mitch video earlier today (haven't watched anything from him in almost a year) because I was morbidly curious about the $10 Zurgo deck and it's just a bunch of overcosted wraths. Doesn't even seem to post the cost of cards anymore and it took him about 4 and a half minutes before he even started talking about the cards.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

How is Commander paradoxically the format where nobody ever plays spells in the first 3 turns but also the format where Sol Ring is legal?

Because it's also the format that tends to have the highest concentration of Dunning-Kruger per capita on card evaluation and threat assessment which leads to poorly built decks made with clunky high-cost, low-impact spells, on top of a casual community that tends to become extremely toxic if anything remotely resembling a feelbad leaves your hand and enters play, discouraging good decks from ever being developed.

Batterypowered7 posted:

According to the RCA:

Turns 1-4: Set up some durdly poo poo. Do NOT ATTACK ANYONE, WHY AREN'T YOU UPHOLDING THE SOCIAL CONTRACT, OH MY GOD

Turns 5-??: Try to execute your game plan, but only if you 1) don't use tutors, and 2) you don't stop anyone else in any way from executing theirs.

What's funniest is that the "social contract" means something different to everyone so you never actually know what people are okay with until it happens unless you have a big conversation about it before the game begins; god bless you if you only brought one deck and it's exactly what someone will get offended by.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

pseudanonymous posted:

Each spell you cast costs 1 more for each spell cast by you this turn.

Each non-mana ability you activate cost 1 more for each non-mana ability activated by you this turn.

Ban Consult/Pact.

There you go, bringing sexy back, that's all the RC has to do to really make the format what they want. The problem is they don't want to actually issue rules that cause people to play the way they want, they just want to bully them into doing it with lovely blog posts and stuffing their ham hocks into their ears and ignoring how people play commander.

I'd rather them make impotent lovely blog posts I can disregard rather than actually making lovely game-warping rules.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Shivam’s response is the kind of poo poo that makes me want to pull my hair out tbh

https://twitter.com/ghirapurigears/status/1483124286126575617?s=21

Like, this is the exact frame of mind me and Karma and Fram and Aranan all approach our games together. When we play, it’s because we have come together in agreement of all these principles that Shivam is arbitrarily assigning to the word he likes more. This isn’t a mode of Casual or Competitive play, this is literally just the terminus of a healthy playgroup with an effective understanding of Rule 0.

For real. I don't think we've ever had to agonize over anything in our group beyond just trying to bring as interesting and fun of an experience as we can for ourselves and everyone else. Just because our idea of that is busting our skulls together with 10s on the power level does not invalidate the fact that just because the c in cEDH means competitive, it doesn't mean we're not still playing a casual game. We're doing everything for the sake of fun.

The coolest part of cEDH is that the c does a LOT of the rule 0 conversation for us, as it establishes a power level (anything goes within banlist rules, but with an expectation of bringing your A game), a philosophy (optimization over novelty), and a mindset (don't hold back, don't be a sore loser or a sore winner, but do be open to conversation on how your deck and gameplay can be improved).

But that doesn't change the fact that we can enjoy these games as "beer and pretzels" games just as casually as any other player of any other power level even if our games aren't 4 hour long standoffs where everyone's too afraid to step on anyone else's good time.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 17, 2022

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
cEDH is casual, that settles it then. I never want to hear anyone complain about it being too competitive ever again. :v:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Ah, Tergrid. Way too weak for cEDH, way too cool for casual.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
At this point, what would the best bans and safest unbans be?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

As always:

BAN

• The Reserved List
  • 0-1 Mana rocks
  • Demonic Consultation
  • Doomsday

UNBAN
Sway of the Stars

Don't fully agree with a blanket ban on RL cards if not only because most are harmless and a lot of the cool ones make for interesting gameplay, but I'm 100% on board with Consultation (as well as Thoracle, and Dockside) getting the boot. They're fine on their own imo but the cEDH meta has been warped around them for too long to the point that it's getting kind of dull and rather than playing those cards, I've been finding myself building decks to specifically hose them. That and they've become the "pubstomper boogeyman" of sorts that I've noticed low-power players confusing pubstompers for cEDH players with.

As an alternative, I just feel that the RC needs to get on board with supporting proxies. That way the cards are available and accessible to all.

Also unban Lutri. Would have been OP if old companion rules stayed in place, but as it is it's 4RU for a single use, on top of copying whatever spell you've already cast on the stack.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I love how people called this deck a meme for so long and it turns out it's actually that good. Can't wait to build it later on. :allears:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Have you actually had the misfortune of playing against it? I would take ultimate 4-man stax hell over watching someone use their phone to figure it their deck works for 20 minutes every loving turn. Even the most skilled Krarka-shima pilots will start off every game with an apology because it’s seriously the most annoying deck to pilot or play against. It’s my Tergrid, I won’t even sit at the table if someone’s playing Thumbs.

Still building it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Idk if I'd be interested in selling my decks off (if not only because when I buy into decks it's mostly just me buying staples that I've no reason to sell) but my enthusiasm is lower even if my buying frequency is higher. Only set I liked last year (aside from MH2) was Strixhaven, I felt no interest in the rest.

I'm more just exhausted from the speed in which WotC is puking out new stuff and it feels like there's not enough time to enjoy anything. My mind has been so scattered with decks I want to build that by the time I've resolved myself on building them, something newer and more interesting comes along.

That's not to say I want things to stagnate, but drat.

At least this year's sets seem real good.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t know exactly what I expected from Midnight//Crimson but it was a totally damp fart of a set and I don’t feel like anyone anywhere has strong feelings about it. Eldritch Moon might not be anyone’s favorite set and it had mechanical issues but Jesus it was weird and unique and had a really cool idea.

Midnight//Crimson feels like magic just spinning its wheels, pushing no envelopes and doing nothing interesting or mechanically engaging ally all. I really felt that way about Khaldheim as well, Strixhaven was better but still nothing like I remember magic cards being like when I was a kid. I miss Urza’s Legacy and Planar Chaos and Portal so bad lol

This trip back to Innistrad was boring as hell and neither set really provided much of interest. The fact that they really phoned it in tells me how much they really bank on Innistrad selling based on hype alone when the only good Innistrad set was... Innistrad. (Though I actually liked Eldritch Moon a lot flavorwise.)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

I literally just want less cards. Fewer products. I’m not even asking for higher quality products. I just used to love every part of this game, the gameplay but also the story and the characters and the world. I don’t feel connected to magic as a story or a game at all right now. I just want two planes a year, a winter set and a fall set, and then you can do whatever you want with supplemental stuff. Just slow the gently caress down.

Sonrebel, the only smart person playing Commander

https://twitter.com/sonrebell/status/1485494413526773763?s=21

I keep saying it but rebell is the best

Like I never really wanted to specifically become "a cEDH player", it was more an identity I took on because I wanted to separate myself from a toxic community that would accuse you of pubstomping for playing cards they didn't like or breaking one of a million unwritten social rules that aren't readily known to everyone. It's a disgusting feeling to have a whole community see the way you play as pubstomping when that's never what you wanted to do, especially when you only play with people on your own level-- and yet people see your decklist and preferred way to play and decide that it's necessary to inject themselves into a conversation they weren't invited to since you had to distance yourself from theirs.

I just wanna play EDH, you know? I wanna build cool and strong decks with and play them with people who want to play the same way. I'm not interested in building slow or durdly decks, and I'm not interested in playing against jank or "theme" or chaos or group hug decks.

I don't really want to be wedged into a niche but you kind of feel forced to make your home in one by the nature of the format and the community that surrounds it, and it really does get exhausting trying to defend the way you want to play from people you'd never want to play with due to their attitude being rotten or their play style simply not being compatible with mine. It doesn't help that the face of the RC has never been one to shy away from drawing his line in the sand, and people see it and say SEE YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

And that's why the separation exists and probably will continue to until people can agree that there's not just one way to play and we don't want to infiltrate their ivory tower of beer and pretzels and dudes with hats looking left sitting in chairs tribal.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 24, 2022

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Only counts artifacts is the best answer, but making it get exiled when it leaves the battlefield is the correct answer imo. One Dockside is whatever. Many is bad.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I think Dockside is on the chopping block and is rightfully on borrowed time, if this is the point of the conversation we're at.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It'd go the way of Pengine. Sub-10, retaining value only from the memory of it once being broken when playable.

Why yes, I still hold on to my Pengine in hopes that it'll see an unban one day. :smith:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just sad there aren't enough good dog and cat cards to actually make Rin and Seri reasonably viable.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

When did Grim Hireling get so expensive?

Bit over a month ago I think. Part of me has been wanting to buy the deck just to have that as a pretty sweet bonus. I'm gonna want it for my upgraded Marchesa deck anyway.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Collector boosters are the only way, I think. Who knows, the way they do packs these days is so confusing.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It is pretty disappointing that Prof isn't really given much credit from WotC considering that he's been a mouthpiece for the game for so long (specifically for Magic as a game and not WotC) and has probably brought thousands of people into the hobby and spending money on cards and basically being free advertising for WotC.

That he is just very brutally honest about his reviews is a point for integrity and should be praised and taken to heart by WotC, honestly. And yet, the cards curl ever more. He'd probably run out of negative things to say if they'd just stop doing the things that suck.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Digimon looks fun but I'm hesitant to buy into a game that might not have staying power (or anyone to play with). When I wanted to get into a card game back in late 2015/early 2016 I went to an LGS and played a game of Magic with 2 of those free 30-card starter decks and I played a game of Force of Will with someone who had an extra deck. FoW was confusing and the cards had microscopic text with way too much going on, it was like an information overload.

I feel like I definitely made the better choice, because who even plays FoW anymore? Is the game even alive anymore?

If I were to get into another TCG it'd probably be Pokemon since I already know how to play, it's fairly popular here, and seems pretty affordable if you're not buying all the blinged out versions of cards. I can't wrap my brain around modern Yu-Gi-Oh though; the text is microscopic on those too and I've seen videos of online play and some turns just go on and on and on and on and makes no sense to me and I just... nah.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 4, 2022

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Are shrines a creature type or not? I'm still kind of confused on that matter. Especially when it creates Shrine enchantment creatures...

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I just thought it'd be interesting to use Conspiracy or Arcane Adaptation or Maskwood Nexus to make everything shrines. :shrug:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Magnetic North posted:

I literally do not understand this typing confusion. We already went through this with "is Vehicle a creature type?" and the answer is No.

Because there's nothing in the type line of vehicles that say it's a creature, obviously.

Meanwhile here it's not made remotely clear and I'm far from the only one who finds it obtuse.

Almost every creature card in existence very clearly says what type it is after the dash. You don't think the way it's written can be seen as confusing when anyone with pattern recognition would see that and think "that must be the creature type" when there's no explanation or helper text or clearly pointed out errata that says otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Magnetic North posted:

I hope they are not making any considerations for the format through the lens of cEDH. They got their drat Flash ban and swore on a stack of bibles that was all they needed. Well, if banning Dockside is going to gently caress up cEDH, so be it.

:chloe:

Anyway...

I'm all for a dockside ban because it's an extremely busted card and everyone knows it. That it's warping the cEDH meta is just another reason why it should be, even if not the primary reason. I understand it's a cool card but it's far too easy to exploit and falls into the category of "so good you'd be stupid not to run it" just like Thoracle/Consultation. It's a matter of meta homogeneity as far as cEDH goes and a matter of being really freaking strong for lower power level tables.

I don't think getting rid of it would really "break" too many decks either. There's still plenty of ways to accumulate a ton of treasures that don't involve literally the most broken ritual ever printed for the format. And I don't think it'd break red either in cEDH, though it may (and honestly HOPEFULLY) chill out the really greedy turbo naus meta.