Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I wish that Torque could hit loving lands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The familiars are really good and are ridiculously underplayed in edh for some reason

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

pseudanonymous posted:

Kediss is really good, he's in a comp deck. You can also use him with infect to kill all your opponents at once with a one-punch deck, which I think is pretty funny.

The rest are ok. I thought it would be fun to make a deck with five color commanders matter using the friends forever with Eleven and Mike to play all the familiars. And maybe a bunch of the lieutenants too and all the "if you commander" and "commnaders you" and # of times you cast your commander cards.

But I woudln't say they are particularly good. Esior is nice in that you can get him out before an important commander and your commander comes out with Ward. Anara and Keleth are meh, Falthis you could use to give a pinger commander deathtouch which would be obnoxious, but I don't know if its "good".

I meant the real Familiars, from Planeshift

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Heath posted:

You wanna bet they originally were, and then they slammed the brakes on it after Ikoria?

10000% this is what happened

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Mystic Repeal should be a staple in every deck that runs green if your meta has any amount of problem enchantments or Theros gods in the player pool. It's basically a better Nature's Claim like 99% of the time(edit: when it comes to strictly Enchantment removal :ssh: ), because tucking a card is almost always better than destroying one.

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 6, 2022

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

58 mountains, 1 Stuffy Doll and 1 Spitting Earth

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Alright, here's another attempt at a deck with a solid game plan: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/suWR5A_JfE-spJuioCRNLg

Am I headed in the right direction? Any cards that shouldn't be there? Any cards that definitely should?

E: How many lands should I be looking to run, since I have so many mana dorks?

Add Bolas' Citadel, Vitalize and Mobilize to take advantage of Lathril's activated ability

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

You can build a good Gargos deck for less than $50, especially since it doesn't NEED expensive rocks to function. I think the most expensive card in my personal Gargos deck is Guardian Project, and it's only in there because I had one lying around.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Necroduality, Undead Warchief, Ghoulcaller Gisa, Geralf Visionary Stitcher and the standard package of better targeted removal and counterspells

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I forgot Acererak for that sweet Rooftop Storm infinite combo that drains all of your opponents

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Also making commanders always hit the graveyard for death triggers was an A+ decision

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

They need to just errata all of the shrine creatures to Enchantment Creature - Shrine Spirit, it'd solve the problem. Everyone was similarly confused when Gingerbrute was revealed and Maro had to clarify that Food isn't it's creature type, Golem is.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I really want to build around Isshin. Mardu attack trigger shenanigans seems fun as hell

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Get a Phil or Kaja Foglio playmat instead

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

fadam posted:

I really like Chun, Gief and Blanka, but the rest of these are pretty mid or lovely. IDK what the deal is with Honda lol.

Ken gets slammed immediately into Feather's 99

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I want Karn to show up in New Capenna because I want a card with a robot wearing a pinstripe suit and fedora holding a magical tommy gun

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Jiro posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tolarian/the-academic-133-xl?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=The%20Academic

Stretch goals, at least the cleared ones, revealed. I'm curious as to what kind of stache Prof will be wearing and for how long. I really want some color options.

Either Lemmystache, or the Hollywood Hogan route of having an all black beard save for bleach blonde handlebar mustache

Stache-off contest with Ryan Gomez of Magic Arcanum

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Now that Prof has his perfect deck box, he needs to work with Dragon Shield to design the perfect sleeves

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Somewhere there's an old game store that closed down with dozens of cases of circa 2001 Ultra Pro Metallics in the storeroom just waiting to be found, and the day it's discovered will be the happiest of my life

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Thanks to mafioso Garfield, Doubling Season, Parallel Lives and Anointed Procession are all probably going to be like $75-$100 for a while

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

lmao what a salty bitch

If your deck gets a one in a million lucky pop off like that, everyone at the table should just nod in approval and reshuffle for the next game

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Well this is getting jammed directly into my Gargos deck

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Did we know this was going to be a treasure themed set?

Every set is a treasure set now

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Rebels were Mercadia

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Lmao I just realized they hosed up the flavor text formatting for the VMA version, "do" and "does" aren't supposed the be italicized

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Azza Bamboo posted:

They need to make some tokens for that card.

Just use promo photos of Bert Kreischer

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Tortilla Maker posted:

I don't like this format (find it painfully slow and boring) but the group I've been meeting up with play this most of the time.

Can someone point me to a deck or two that will either help me win quickly or otherwise help me lose quickly? In other words, high risk, high reward.

Zo-Zu the Punisher mass land destruction

You won't have a problem playing with that group again (because they won't invite you to play any more)

Edit: make sure to run Urborg and Kormus Bell

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

So looking at these two, I feel like Jinnie Fay has a much easier build with a much easier game plan that functions independently from her. Fewer bad hands, fewer dead draws, so i would pobably use her.

Ziatora also has a really frustrating issue where they are a 6 drop RBG dragon that cares about sacrificing things and this other 5 drop RBG dragon that cares about sacrificing things happens to be one of the strongest creatures ever printed, so trying to brew the deck in the shadow of Korvold, the Fae-Cursed King is really weird.

Jinnie + Fae Offering + Academy Manufactor :getin:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

LifeLynx posted:

Hello Commander goons. Can anyone compile or help me find a list of the most popular/common tokens made in Commander? I'm thinking about doing some big charity project and my LGS is a Commander hot spot, but I haven't played Commander with anyone in years. Thanks!

Utility tokens would be way more useful/cooler than any creature tokens. In addition to the aforementioned treasure/food/clue/monarch, it'd be nice to see Poison Counter, Energy Counter, City's Blessing, Companion and Adventure tokens along with maybe Command Zone and Phasing cards

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

LifeLynx posted:

Yeah I realized that once I saw the answers. Treasure wasn't a thing when I was actively playing, but there's all the ones you mentioned also.

I used to run Cat Draft events where I'd raise money for the cat adoption place I volunteer at, and I'd make tokens. Jeff Menges lived nearby at the time and he'd do some token once in a while also. I was thinking Commander this time around instead of a draft. I already have a Kitty's (City's) Blessing token I made for myself, so that's a start.

Oh, you're the cat token person! Definitely make a poison token that's just a litterbox with stink lines coming from it please :v:

Edit: Adventure token that's a housecat sniffing around under a parked car while its owner tries to lure it out with treats

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 10, 2022

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Go to your local Chinatown and buy a bunch of cheap resin knickknacks to use as shrine tokens

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That gruul commander is kinda loving nuts

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Heath posted:

Here's a rules question for you.

I am building a Vazi, Keen Negotiator deck focused on giving my opponents treasure tokens while destroying their lands to force them to spend treasure. I am calling it the NFT deck.

If I include an Upwelling and someone casts an artifact destruction spell of some sort, say, and my opponents respond by popping their treasures into their Mana pool which does not empty, and they use it on a later turn, does it still count as being from a treasure source?

Are you running Structural Assault and stuffy doll/brash taunter for shits and giggles?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That card would play well in a jank deck full of Unearth/Blitz/Dash creatures

Maybe helmed by Isshin?

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 24, 2022

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I want a straight up reprint of OG Thallid in United

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Lol, those awful Meld cards?

I won't hear slander against Hanweir, the Writhing Township or Chittering Horde

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

My only complaint about TTJ is that Joe needs to learn how to properly mix audio because I couldn't hear poo poo during the first episode, and I haven't watched any since

He also may have turned things around, because he hosted wotc's official new Capenna prerelease stream, so maybe he's not as much of a sore player as he used to be?

Idk, I'm not defending him but I believe in second chances, and Joe was always charismatic and funny on IHYD, so I'm willing to give him another shot

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Aranan posted:

Well yeah, I know that. Most of the decks I play do exactly that. I also play in a playgroup full of people who have barely upgraded precon level decks. It's not normally my jam, but they're my friends and I like playing with them so I try to have one or two decks that can play around in that level.

I feel like I'm always repeating myself, but Gargos fight club is a good mid power deck for casual tables. Just jam ol' Gargles and a bunch of fight/bite/protection spells that target your dudes, a few synergistic cards like Season of Growth and big dumb creatures that can help with the strategy of "nah gently caress your creatures son", like thorn mammoth, hungering and ironscale hydra

Best part is you can toss together a fully functional version for like $20 or less

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Yeah, it's my favorite edh deck to play when I don't feel like thinking too hard :v:

Also talking about it reminded me that I need to upgrade a few of the spells in it with newer ones, because I haven't bought anything since AFR so the deck could definitely use Prizefight, Tamiyo's Protection and Clear Shot over a few of the older, less than stellar fight spells

Edit: also don't forget to jam a Reflective Golem in the deck, it's innocuous enough that almost nobody knows what the hell it is, so you can surprise boardwipe with a prey upon and some extra mana floating :)

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Johnny Truant posted:

How would you build a deck with 0 creatures in it?!

Prismatic bridge shrines tribal