Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
So I've been running into a situation where I've been playing more 3 player games. Instead of 'playing down' with a deck I have, I'm thinking I should just build a deck to pull out if we're stuck with three players for an hour or so. Any thoughts on intentionally building a deck to avoid the gunslinger standoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

It would help if you would tell us more about the sort of decks and environment you're playing within. But generally speaking, you will want to build some kind of combo deck that once it puts its pieces in place the game just ends regardless of how many players are in the game, but also does so in a rather innocuous way so as to avoid being threatening and drawing fire. But this is never not true of commander, even with 4-players.

For this scenario though I highly recommend Tergrid.

I guess I was looking for more of general thoughts on building a deck to play versus 2 others instead of 3 people. When you are playing against two other people, you run into more 'if I get A, then A gets me, and then B gets A' and I'm just trying to play cards while we wait for another game to break up instead of play kingmaker for 30 minutes.

My decks that I normally play.
My A tier
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/6OIBxO93_kaoZRnhB1Tw5A
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/BlAueIEJNkyR75aF9Izm4A
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/ow77qiZngUma-Pq3FCaQUg

My B tier
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/LFRSL-3CbUyiKnvF0mF4PA
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/vpj-DTmRFEuOSWLKkQ-csQ
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/dUiUkZHmQUyHtggCeBdwcQ
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/TCJYlsDPzUiYrhBSfpNK8A

I think Vilis probably works just as well in 2 player, since I'm building toward comboing off the turn I play Vilis. I guess my concern there is it might take too long for a 3 player game. Hanna probably works just as well as it normally does, but I like to play that a few times a night and would prefer to keep it for a 4 player pod. Uril seems unfair, I pick one person to knock out at a time.

I'm thinking a go-wide strategy might be more fun for a 3 player game. That way I can hold stuff up for the crack-back. I have the Green/White precon from midnight hunt and I want to tinker with that for my tokens/go-wide deck.

My meta is total LGS, so 1 guy who spends 100 times more money and time on the format than anyone else, a couple of people trying to play at his level, and then a bunch of tuned precons. Played against two decks that had Tergrid in the 99 and it wasn't totally awful.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

Kykar spirit beats or Alelia faerie beats are both solid go-wide strategies that will do better in a 3 way, you can benefit from card draw effects like coastal piracy, or new and improved coastal piracy now with cycling, and you can run a solid control suite in either deck.

The nice thing about Kykar is you can hold up interaction and then instant speed blow the most threatening thing up on your predator's end step to get more spirits each turn.

There's plenty of solid faerie and spirit cards, or just stuff that buffs fliers like empyrean eagle. Alelia can run the full suite of "sacrifice a creature for draw" really successfully if you just jam a ton of mana rocks in there.

Also just mono-green or gruul stompy that ramps and drops top-tier mid-range creatures and then buffs them with something ought to do pretty well.

Also if you want to piss off that guy who spends more money than you, divergent kykar into Brisela will screw cEDH decks and have little to no impact on medium and below decks.

Yeah I was thinking of Edric, Spymaster of Trest and just trying to hit people with little mana dorks to get some cards. I've always liked the idea of Kykar but Alelia has rubbed me the wrong way in Historic Brawl, and might have a higher budget requirement. I'm working on a Gargos deck and that might be a good idea to finish up but I feel like it'll have the same feelbads as the Uril deck does, I have one giant unstoppable thing and I pick who to knock out. A friend of mine does G/GR so I also don't want to step on their toes.

I do like the idea of a trap deck for HBG ( that's what I call the spike ) that is nicer to other decks. I mindslaver'd him once and it was glorious.

Also, thank you for the comments on my decks. I've always liked your feedback on some of the other stuff I've posted in the previous threads, so feel free to tune up any of my decks on Moxfield. I think Hanna is the most 'fleshed out' in my considering, and it's mostly $$$ that keeps me from finishing it up. Obviously an Academy Rector/Serra's Sanctum/Replenish/Intuition are all auto-includes, and I wish I bought them when I first started posting in this thread. They've all more than doubled in price :(

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Howdy , I haven't been an active poster, but I have really enjoyed reading the previous thread.

Could someone take a look at my K'rrik deck? It started life as an Ascendant Evincar Aggro deck back in 2011, but through many years and various iterations I've been able to transform it into an unfocused mess. I was initially aiming for more of a suicide black aggro strategy, but then other things started creeping in, like more life control / life swap elements and the Aetherflux / Bolas' Citadel combo, along with a couple of pet cards. Any recommendations?

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/2arNPoxwEEmU3I2nfJkv2Q

My initial thought is to include Vilis/make Vilis your commander. I posted a Vilis deck just a few posts ago, and even without Exsanguinate/Torment of Hailfire I can pretty much close games out if I have Vilis and K'rrik/Skirge Familiar on the board. Nothing more fun than paying all of your life, drawing most of your deck, and discarding a ton of cards to kill everyone.

Skirge Familiar works better since I can discard to create a black mana, rather than pay life to use a black mana, but your milage may vary..

My Vilis deck for reference. I don't have E/ToH even though they aren't that expensive, I just didn't want to do the same big black mana combo everyone else does. I have a couple of novel ways to win, using Psychosis Crawler to ping when I draw a card, or I can pay all my life and use Repay in Kind to get everyone down to 1, and then fire off a Gray Merchant or something.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/BlAueIEJNkyR75aF9Izm4A

Grevlek fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 28, 2021

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

I would add Everflowing Chalice, Guardian Idol (relevant body for some decks), and probably the Medallions for mono-color decks. I also value Torque over Thought Vessel a lot because it turns on some removal.

Dana from edhrec had a very recent article suggesting the medallions might make sense to include in two color decks as well. Food for thought

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

There certainly exist 2-color decks where they make sense, but it gets down to counting generic Mana costs. Same way that the Invasion familiars could be relevant to certain 3-color decks.

I know at least one turd lurking this thread who has the bant one in Arcades and it works for more than nostalgia.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

AQE posted:

Well, the Bant one is a wall, so it fits in Arcades because it replaces itself.

Grevlek posted:

I know at least one turd lurking this thread who has the bant one in Arcades and it works for more than nostalgia.

RE-Precons: the Aesi one is good fun and you can be as Timmy as you want with big giant creatures while still drawing cards and ramping.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Railing Kill posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo

I ran into a moneychanger in my meager pile of cards I had from my childhood, and now there is an actual place to play it? Sign me up!

I was thinking about the brief discussion of the planeshift familiars, and they might be really good for lower powered tables?

They only have the color identity of their casting cost, so you might be able to fit 3 of them into a deck and get multiple medallion effects over a few bodies. It seems like a 3 color-shard deck might as well play at least the one that gives you two medallion effects on a body for 1/40th the cost of both medallions.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Heath posted:

I am exaggerating for effect. But he just sits there and accrues counters easily and people tend to ignore him. He has become an exile target under Felisa now. If you have other ways to put counters on him (even Ikoria keyword counters, etc.) he has a built in sac outlet (only at upkeep, but still) and can provide a small army of Inklings.

It's not a high power card by any means but people tend to underestimate how quickly he builds up if you get him out early. Even if he only makes it one round you can sac him for 3 Inklings on your next upkeep.

Edit: basically if you get him out turn 1 he starts with 3 counters. If you get Felisa out on turn 4, he's got 6. Sac him at your next upkeep, he'll have 7 counters, you gain 7 life and make 7 Inklings. They are tapped, but for an investment of 1 Mana and 3 life, that's not bad to churn out 7 fliers. Being 0 power helps with Mentor triggers too

Yeah honestly dude you don't have to defend it, it seems like a really decent card in that deck :D Have some sort of altar effect waiting for those inklings and baby you got a stew going.

I'm really starting to think I'm gonna get like 10x of the planeshift familiars here. Looking over the top 20 commanders, they seem reasonable in Kenrith, Korvold, Alela, Chulane, Kess, and Arcades. They are absolute slam dunks in Arcades and Korvold, like you can get Korvold out turn 3 with something to sac ( the familiar ) without a penny spent on fast mana.

Grevlek fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 3, 2022

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Correct.

well never mind i'm much less hype on them now.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Heath posted:

They're still good!

for sure but in my head i was getting 2 medallions on a body, now i'm getting 2 conditional medallions for a single reduction on a body. no need to get 500 from tcgplayer now

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
It feels like the CL familiars would have been better served being companions than partners.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Unironically, someone explain to me why everyone is trying to pretend like Toxrill is A Thing.

Yeah it is very strange that a commander that everyone is ostensibly hyping because it can do a one sided landwipe with some setup is the hot new high cmc battlecruiser commander.

you better believe I bought a kormus bell just in case tho

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

I'm but I keep seeing passing references to it being the new hot ticket everyone is either afraid of or wants to build around and that seems ludicrous to me as it's a massively overcosted durdle.

I'm gonna laugh my rear end off if the Big Deal about it is that you can Kormus Bell to wipe people which is like the dumbest slowest 3-card combo that doesn't even end the game.

100 percent that's what it is.

I have something like that in Hanna, and have never triggered it even once. An anthem + enchanted evening + opalescence would be a one sided land wipe leaving me with like, several 1/1s and a few beefier enchantments. The one time I got enchanted evening and opalescence on the board, mostly out of spite, still left me with 2 other players with flying dragon boards and a chonky uril and I had no hope of winning, just dragged out the game for the other two players.

I guess toxrill is better in the sense that if you've got your setup, when it hits the board you will get your wipe assuming it makes it to the end step. Good players probably will treat toxrill like any other KOS commander and hold up a counter or a removal or something. Bad players will crumble to the fact that they don't have any interaction, didn't plan for what they would do when the 7 cmc commander came out, and play a land, pass, and then have the land die at the end of their turn.

I still want to do my hanna version of it in a real game, but i never get all 3 pieces for the critical mass combo and i dont think i'd win even if i did it.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Heath posted:

Enchanted Evening + Cleansing Meditation is a better, easier version of this.

hmm cleansing meditation never came up in my deck building process... must be a reserve list card let's check the price... a dollar fifty....

hello tcgplayer one cleansing meditation plz.

do i need to meet threshold before i cast the spell?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Aranan posted:

Toxrill is a generic dimir deck (so baseline is already solid) which means it has a pretty good turbo adnaus/thoracle plan. It also allows you to run the dramatic scepter combo with Toxrill being the outlet. Actually casting and swinging with Toxrill is Plan C or D at absolute best, but that's still a decent fallback case because it eats hatebears alive, gives you card advantage, and is a decent clock.

Edit: I can't see Kormus Bell being in the actual optimized deck list. It's just a cute interaction.

100 percent the hype around Toxrill is Urborg + Kormus Bell + Toxrill even if that isn't optimal.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
My formal schooling is in economics, not wizardry unfortunately.

Let's say Toxrill is the good who's utility we are interested in.

We can measure impacts on complementary* goods to see if there is a connection to our good of interest.

I'm hypothesizing that Kormus Bell is a complimentary good for Toxrill. If Toxrill has a high demand, demand will rise for complimentary goods. Since Kormus Bell is not being reprinted, its supply is static or decreasing, and an increase in demand, would increase price, ceteris paribus (closest I get to casting a spell in my daily life).

Let's see if there is any noticable price increase for Kormus Bell, that might indicate an increase in demand.

:hmmyes:

Now can I conclude with certainty that the 1000% price increase is related to Toxrill?

*thanks AQE

Grevlek fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 17, 2022

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Infinite Karma posted:

Funny enough, Kormus Bell + Urborg is no color identity, so it could also go in Elesh Norn or something just as easily.

Elesh Norn appears to be the second most frequent commander according to EDHrec. I was going to include that but :effort:

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
don't make me point at the chart again *taps in kormus bell*

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Railing Kill posted:

Listen, as long as you have win cons and actually try to win, then fine. But your pillowfort is probably downright aggro compared to whatever disgusting, unholy
poo poo Sheldon's playgroup does with pillowforts.

getting everyone to scoop in disgust is a type of win con

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

Please do not encourage Tergrid players

actually do not like Tergrid as a commander, as litigated several pages ago

I think that's the only deck I'd actually ask someone to play something else or I'd excuse myself from the pod.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
sheldon casual table = 4 players with tergrid in the commandzone, no removal

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just unban Lutri. Who gives a poo poo if it's a free include in any URx deck?

:hmmyes: it's not even like a trapcard, you know its there. Especially after the additional companion tax thing.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Tithe is $30 and continues to rise. gently caress the Reserved List. Burn it all down.

It seems like banning the reserve list would do a better job of indicating people don't need OG duals than just writing articles on your blog about playing tapped gainlands.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

This is why I love K’rrik, it’s a mono-b commander who doesn’t give a gently caress what their opponents are doing, and is too busy casting 40 of their own spells instead of making you discard your bullishit

You got a list? I'm running a Vilis deck, but I think people are getting bored of me fishing thru my deck to find a finisher and it'd be nice to have some cards to hotswap into a K'rrik deck.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Heath posted:

The Internet seems to agree with the above but I feel like it is worded stupid. It's very much an edge case in any situation. If I was playing Norin and someone stifled him I'd probably just scoop and tell them to kiss my rear end tbh

yeah if you are out here Stifling the incredibly overpowered Norin the Wary decks, I probably wont play with you

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
lmao @ seb pulling out "DEBATE ME" in the comments

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
is what Seb said/did so egregious I can purchase a Terese Nielsen playmat?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Infinite Karma posted:

Seb drove a few hundred miles to join an anti-vaxx white supremacist trucker convoy in Ottowa, where "protesters" were flying nazi flags, and posted about it on his social media, and is currently doubling and tripling down on that decision

i totally understand it is very chud-brained, just not sure if it's chud-brained enough I can get away with getting a Hanna playmat

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
i mean i don't know the guy, but i bet if you get an unsigned one and see him at a convention in the future he'd sign it

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
maybe i'm just a baby player but i just use the smaller deck only boxes, and then my own backpack that i bring anywhere anyway.

I can't find any of my preferred boxes, I only have about 10 or so, but I got the Dragon Shield Gaming Strongboxes for a lil less than :tenbux: a piece

I wish they still made these, apparently they are out of print and going for like 40 bucks on ebay.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

I had these bookmarked (they were like $2 a piece), but I guess they're out now: https://www.dacardworld.com/supplies/bcw-clear-deck-keeper

you just broke my heart batterypowered7

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Does anyone else view their Commander decks like characters in an RPG? My main draw to commander as a format and as a deckbuilding puzzle is the idea of having a persistent character who levels up over time to become an epic badass, like in Dungeons & Dragons or Diablo III. My commnader is like the basic character, and then the spells in the deck are HER spells, and the creatures in the deck are HER creatures, the equipment is composed of HER personal magic items, etc. The fun of the game is from taking your extremely limited "inventory" of 100 slots and crafting a character that does everything it wants to do, and over time a particular commander can and will direct you towards certain cards or playstayles that perfectly meet both your interests AND the Commanders interests.

My Momir Vig deck basically started as a bad level 1 wizard and now he's an epic archmagus with total mastery over the weirdest and most powerful creatures in the multiverse. Brudiclad started out as some pre-con toadie licking at Jin Gitaxias's stiletto heels, now he's become a fully compleated master artificer, rendering flawless phyrexian copies of gigantic machines from a pile of golden coins and feathers.

I kind of think like that yeah

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I think it also bears mentioning that the overlap between “people who know what Phyrexia is” and “people who are anti-trans” is honestly pretty small in the grand scheme of things, so really the only people who might get the “wrong message” are the people who would be the most likely to understand what they were going for anyway. I doubt their is some mythical conservative, anti-trans magic player who sees this flyer and goes “a ha, I knew it! The TRANS agenda, that is EXACTLY how they spread it!” and if someone is literally that stupid then no one has to care what they think, IMO.

I guess you haven't seen thr newest RemyMTG video then

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Heath posted:

Is this what power creep does to people, where they won't even get out of bed for a creature in the command zone that doesn't just either win the game outright or at least lock everybody else out of the game for seven Mana? It's not difficult at all to get 7 (or more) Mana pretty early on in Commander. That's hardly a prohibitive cost.

The cure for power creep, in my opinion, is playing worse decks. The deck I'm having the most fun with right now is a Kangee Sky Warden deck with a Mox Field price of <$30. I include tap lands and 3/4 mana cmc ramp rocks, and generally set the tempo of the game by poking everyone at the table with little flyers.

It's very rewarding building a very tuned/optimized deck on a shoestring budget/using your bulk rares and uncommons.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Mercenaries what

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Elaine is right and throws out a ton of points I've been hammering at for years. Absolute banger thread.

Also, Conquest is my favorite format. I definitely recommend people give this a look of they can.

Good discussion starters Bust!

Framboise posted:

The Discourse (TM) she explains is a big reason why casual EDH (in the context of "casual" meaning anything goes, rule 0 conversation required or someone will be very mad) doesn't appeal much to me. You could be running a deck that you think is completely tame, but you'll still get someone popping their mouth off at you for interacting with them.

In a sense, it feels like EDH is frequently where new players or people who tried 75-card constructed formats and got blown out hard go, because they don't yet have the piloting skill, general knowledge, card evaluation, or patience to gain the former three things through experience... which leads to them joining a format labeled "casual", which leads to a ton of really skewed expectations. Where else do you really need to have a rule 0 conversation and walk on eggshells to make sure no one feels bad because you could win earlier or interact with them? EDH is a more complex format than 75-card constructed-- there's additional rules, both in deck building and gameplay, it's got a bigger deck with cards through MTG's entire history (and therefore will potentially face literally every mechanic ever), and in that deck there's more variance due to size and less redundancy, leading to more variability (in other words, losing more), and playing against 2 more people which leads to yet MORE variability thus, your win rate is going to be 25% on average, and lower if your skill isn't on the same level as your opponents. It may be something that most of us take for granted now, but Magic is an extremely complex game! I only started playing about 6 and a half years ago, and it took me roughly half of that time to become adequate at the game and "gettin gud" is still a work in progress. To note, I dove facefirst into Modern and got my rear end kicked for a solid year before I started doing fairly well in it, but I got bored with how very repetitive it was.

The fact that there's not really a format for people to cut their teeth on and really learn the ins and outs of the game without being too cutthroat is sort of unfortunate, because it's kind of why I feel EDH is where it is now, where you have groups of new and inexperienced players, casual players who don't want high power games, and higher skilled and competitive players who enjoy the format's mechanics, high power potential, and card pool all clashing together. One could argue that there's no wrong way to play a game, but first of all, it's a game and you shouldn't feel bad for wanting to win, and second of all, everyone needs to be on the same page, but since it has such a broad appeal, that's very hard to do.

Perhaps some folks could popularize the idea of "role play EDH" (similar to how some MMO servers will focus more on role playing and character development), and, similar to cEDH, have its own philosophy on how decks should be be built, games should be played, and attitudes should be handled. That way people could go in with the expectation of "we're not playing to win, we're playing to make an experience that's fun for everyone and have a story to tell at the end" or something.

Tangentially, I've kind of been interested in the idea of precon EDH where everyone runs an unchanged precon and are on more or less the closest possible playing field cardwise.

I think I agree with this and the OP of the tweet. I'm probably fairly representative of some chunk of the commander playerbase, a 30-something who played as a youth and enjoyed watching commander content on the internet and returned to the game. I never liked competitive formats, got stomped by mono-blue mill every Friday night in the 90's, and just like playing with the goofy cards I've collected. I don't want to play "cEDH" since I don't have the budget for it, nor the skills to be super competitive. I know 2 people who play Magic, but I don't have my own pod, and can really only ever wrangle one of the two people I know to go to the LGS to play with. There are two stores I bounce between, but there is one that I go to the vast majority of the time.

The LGS situation kind of sucks. About half of the people that show up you know or recognize, and the other half are totally random. Pods tend to form around arrival times, and you basically never leave your pod when your game ends, because the likelihood of another pod ending at that same time is very low, and you dont want to not play so you just sit with the same 3 other people all night. The people you do tend to recognize from multiple visits, are rarely memorable for good reasons. There is one guy, we'll call him Hullbreacher Guy (HBG). HBG is always the loudest person in the store, he's always got the most expensive, spikiest deck, and he's always complaining.

"WHY DID YOU TARGET ME?!" "I'M NOT THE THREAT!" "GODDD!! AREUGUGU"

There isn't really a pre-game conversation from anyone, unless you are a fresh-faced 19 year old. If you play with HBG, it's assumed you are playing very incredibly spikey commander, but it 'isn't' cedh and he can complain when you combo-off or target him.

Personally, I don't want to play cEDH, but just being in this thread causes you to pick stuff up so you build your deck to do something. My Hanna deck, the one I introduced in the last thread and was told it'd be a 'six if built optimally' is getting a reputation of being a "Stax Control" deck, because Hushbringer, 2x Rule of Law effects, and 3x counterspells are in it. Someone was upset that I played Solemnity, as a part of my 'dont die pillowfort' package, because being unable to put counters on his cards meant he couldn't play the game I guess.

I don't really have a point here other than to echo some existing thoughts. Playing at the LGS is a crapshoot. Rule 0/pre-game conversations don't really apply at that level, and the RC sucks because they are not taking that into account.

I would 100 percent play Fram's RPdh format, but even then I know people are gonna be super salty about cards doing stuff. Hell, my Hanna deck is a RPdh deck, I'm playing as Hanna and her failed attempt at stopping the Phyrexian invasion the way she would have!!!

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Heath posted:

Not to interrupt Discourse but there's a card that has been burning in the back of my brain for the pure jank potential and I want to get some feedback on it. That card is

Bludgeon Brawl.

I want to equip the dumbest poo poo possible onto my creatures and go to town. But I need a strategy. And it has to be dumb. Not good necessarily, but functional and stupid.

As such I've settled on a few things:

1) the deck must be at least red, obviously, but I need a way to consistently get BB out and protect it. As such, I am leaning towards Boros to splash some white in and get Enchantment tutors and, where possible, include protection that white can offer to permanents.

2) I need artifacts. But I don't want to fill the deck entirely with equipment, because that's stupid. And not just any artifacts will do. I need to equip dumb poo poo.

I need to equip Vehicles.

I want to hit my opponents with the goddamn Parhelion II.

The point is not to crew the Vehicles. That is an option, but not the idea behind the deck. The idea is to hit people with them.

There are plenty of Boros creatures who benefit from equipping lots of stuff, or benefit other creatures when they have stuff equipped, or can slide equipment around for free. As long as BB is around, I should be able to make big creatures who are hitting opponents with fleet vessels and limousines because this game is stupid.

Artifact lands are also an option, because as far as I can tell there is nothing preventing me from giving Wyleth a Darksteel Citadel to smash with, except that it's got no Mana cost so it isn't going to benefit everything I equip it to.

The question here is what commander(s) do I start with? I am leaning towards Rograkh and Ardenn to make use of the keywords, but is there a better candidate? What can I use to protect Bludgeon Brawl?

First thought is Rograkh/Ardenn. You could but some big dopey artifacts in there, equip for free, and whallop with the rograkh.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

Double Post:

Whoever was in here lamenting the lack of those cheap, acrylic deck boxes:

https://www.dacardworld.com/supplies/bcw-clear-deck-keeper

They're back in stock and on sale for $2.50 a piece.

these aren't exactly the ones I was talking about but I'm willing to drop 20 bucks on a few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Mono black Endrek Sahr thrulls/slivers/shapeshifters as a slightly different sacrifice big mana deck