Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
Pitney-Bowes is a bluffing game where your opponent tells you they're ready to print on the envelope and you determine if they're lying. If you're wrong, they dump a cup of water on your important mail. 50% of the time, the game box is locked shut and you have to wait 6-36 hours for the DRM to let you open it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

The family in Ready Or Not made their fortune on board games and their curse/ritual forces them to play a game on wedding nights. It doesn't turn out to be a board game this time, though.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

PRADA SLUT posted:

Pokémon snap but marvel

A Marvels-inspired game where you're a photographer on the ground snapping pics of superheroics would actually kick rear end.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Impermanent posted:

brass birmingham hustle is when a guy at the park tries to bet 20 dollars that you can't beat him in brass birmingham

"Jeffrey, break out Sir Richard Arkwright."

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Not sure where else to ask but I'd like a board game recommendation.

What board game is like, Sorry! or other kind of games that are more plastic doodads to manipulate, maybe Milton Bradley kind of games?

I'm trying to come up with a board game the other half might like. She doesn't like heavy rules, she doesn't like games with huge amounts of cards outside of party games, and she likes fae/scifi/fantasy stuff, often reads lewd supernatural books (urban fantasy?), sailor moon, cats, or other "cottagecore" cute things, and such

I'm trying to come up with a birthday gift for her (in a few+ months) and I'm hoping we can find a game she'll like, and that'll get her foot in the door to playing more board games (she has a few already, including a sailor moon trivia thing I got her), but if it doesn't then oh well, at least it'll be a thoughtful gift. I like to get these months in advance, I don't like missing deadlines.

I have some ideas already like:
Fairy Lights
Enchanted Plumes
Mountains out of Molehills
Anything Dr who related
Anything firefly related (not deck building)
Wonder book
Boop.
Lost Ones

So any more suggestions would be helpful, doesn't have to match the theme of the ideas as long as it is related to her interests above

Seeing as how we've apparently married the same woman, I can tell you that she loves Quacks of Quedlinburg, Brew, and Sonora.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

CODChimera posted:

does anyone have thoughts on the many Everdell expansions or is there a breakdown anywhere?

also does anyone have thoughts on Vagrantsong? it looks pretty cool

Pearlbrook: Easily the worst one. Adds a new resource and worker type that completely screw with the action economy, and a new set of VP awards that can only be acquired with said new resource and are worth a wildly outsized amount of points. It is very pretty though.

Bellfaire: The only expansion that plays well with other expansions. Opens up a highly not recommended 5-6 player mode, but the market board is nicely additive. Player powers are cool but YMMV on if they're worth their own complexity. Not my favorite expansion but I'd say if you only pick one, then this is it.

Spirecrest: Like Pearlbrook but good. Adds the mountain area with its own scoring and tasks in a way that doesn't interfere with the base game. A good one to add some variety now and then but not a necessary experience. Side note: I adore the big critter meeples.

Newleaf: Adds a bunch of new city cards and a new VP mechanic in the form of the train. Not game-changing but valuable if the base game is getting stale. My favorite of the expansions, probably.

Mistwood: Legendary cards are kind of neat but other than that and the new player species it has little to add to the base game. It's mostly a single-player/co-op total conversion that I haven't played but might be fun if that's how you choose to live your life.

I would personally rank them:
1. Bellfaire
2. Newleaf
3. Spirecrest
4. Mistwood
5. Pearlbrook

With the caveat that I wouldn't call any of them necessary, and I would never play with more than one at a time. The creators wouldn't either, every instruction booklet explicit warns against doing so.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

His video about being gay in the 90s game industry is a great watch, too.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Hopefully while also watching In Bruges.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Impermanent posted:

agricola is heavy?

It's really the price-per-pound that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

The Formaggio expansion for Viticulture.