Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Azza Bamboo posted:

(but will soon migrate to PoS).

or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Endjinneer posted:

Either use the joule (with appropriate prefixes such as kilo, mega, giga and tera) or the horse-second (with appropriate prefixes such as pair, unicorn, apocalypse, pickaxe).

BTU :colbert:
But renamed to Brexit Thermal Unit :britain:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Zalakwe posted:

Honestly I think his strategy at the moment is just to offend as few people as possible while he waits and sees if Boris crashes and burns. It might work (maybe possibly) but will change nothing of any import and is extremely depressing.

I guess this is a policy from keith :sigh:
No surprise that the former DPP is in favour of criminalizing people for poo poo that doesn't matter.

quote:

Downing Street has expressed concern over moves to end the prosecution of young people caught with cannabis in some London boroughs, under a pilot scheme being developed by Sadiq Khan.

Both Downing Street and the Labour leader, Keir Starmer, said they did not endorse any further decriminalisation of drugs
x

also lol

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Honestly that result in the Colston trial is loving incredible. Yet another reminder of how brilliant a jury based system is.

I'm sure Patel has an idea about how to deal with the issue of Activist Juries.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The wave:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Convex posted:

I wonder how this scales against “chaos with ed miliband”

Nurgle with Boris Johnson

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Noxville posted:

All according to plan I’m sure

Weird how the article mentions court cases related to :argh:Corbyn:argh: and not the 5 people represented by Carter-Ruck because forensic Starmer decided to accuse them of leaking that report.
Big lols if Labour goes bankrupt because they have to pay 5x Carter-Ruck costs.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Scikar posted:

"subverting the processes" is the only way anything ever happens in this country anyway, how would we notice the difference?

Please subvert the process in the correct way by giving the MP / their party lots of money, thank you.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

winegums posted:

1) why didn't the company storing the data have multiple backups?
2) if above, who the gently caress signed a contract with no backups?

Labour_membership_copy.xlsx in the same directory as Labour_membership.xlsx counts as a backup :science:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

quote:

BBC licence fee to be abolished in 2027 and funding frozen

She also said this would be the end of the current licence fee funding model for the BBC, raising doubts about the long-term future of the public broadcaster under a Conservative government.
x

Being a Tory mouthpiece really paid off :lol:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Don't store mine in little-endian, plz

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
My "not due to political interference" T-shirt etc.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Yum, more Operation Red Meat for Big Dog
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1486492825101426694?s=20

gently caress I hate tories so much

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

ThomasPaine posted:

This has all the same energy of people tattling on idiots to their bosses trying to get them fired for saying whatever socially unacceptable thing and it makes me just as uncomfortable.

Like when people get caught on video making a racist rant in a coffee shop or whatever, then get fired for it? Because that's very good energy.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Getting racists/homophobes/etc fired === 'culture war bullshit'
:ok:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The Wikipedia article has all you really need (as long as you fully absorb it) - the one thing that's almost never mentioned in discussion of her is the simple fact that as a single woman in the early 20th century there were almost no jobs that could keep her off the streets, and cooking was the only one she could actually do. But that's the key thing that takes it from a simple "Bad woman lock her up" situation to probably one the most important cases in public health (and wider arguments about liberty versus authority).

Seems like they could have achieved the same thing as quarantine if they just paid her a wage to do nothing, which would be a lot cheaper than prison.

Glad things have moved on since then.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Julio Cruz posted:

it's basically impossible to watch any sport in this country without being bombarded by 10 variations on "look how much fun these people are having, you'd enjoy this event even more if you had money on it, why don't you put a bet on, a little one can't hurt" and then they flash the Gamble Aware logo up for about half a second

it's loving insidious

Yeah, wonder how it got that bad

MPs criticise UK gambling regulator for trying to reduce addiction

quote:

A group of MPs has produced a report criticising the gambling industry regulator for trying to reduce addiction and urging ministers to take it into special measures.

Oh.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It definitely was automation, and in the sense most people use the word "AI", in that they managed to take the work of thousands of people and instead turn it into something done by a single person in a little box. I'm only surprised they've not (yet) tried to outsource the crane driver and traffic control jobs to the Philippines.

Automated container terminals already exist so they don't need to bother outsourcing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
lol
https://twitter.com/footie_god/status/1488212860085886980?s=20&t=9RstvjR3YWhO9q1lXhlJ_w