Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

good lord how do you get through the summer with such a small AC unit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

good lord how do you get through the summer with such a small AC unit?

My house is a bit under 1200 square feet. I can't afford a modern mcmansion sized house lol, I live in the bay area

Also this is from the 80s so it has the good old ozone layer destroying refrigerant in it still

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Whoops, I meant the game. There’s a game that’s pretty much like What The Dub, and I saw it on sale for five bucks. They show a clip and everyone makes the best joke and you vote on it.

I haven’t watched a real Rifftrax in awhile, sorry. I subscribe to the new MST3K but I haven’t even caught up with season 12 yet. Such a slacker.

I watched both the Netflix seasons.and put money towards the season 13 Kickstarter bur haven't watched a single episode yet. I think not having them in a place where I'd normally go to watch other stuff means they're usually not on my mind.

Well, that and football watchin' takes up all my TV time the last three months of the year.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

JPrime posted:

he's in guam iirc

That’s me, Harper’s in Japan.

But I’m still in Wisconsin, on day 3 of deathwatch for my mother in law. Apparently she went in the hospital in November for a slip and fall, and somehow that turned into the hospital taking out her gallbladder, then she got mrsa, and the combo of that plus her cirrhosis meant that the antibiotics hosed her kidneys, so she got renal failure, been in a near-coma for over a week.

She’s a proud woman, didn’t want her family to see her weakened, so her PoA was a friend from her hometown, who made some awful decisions, and didn’t notify her family.

So, make sure your PoA isn’t a PoS.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

He kills it in TNG's Chain of Command, Part 2, but the really amazing part of that performance was that he was a last-minute replacement for an actor who backed out just before filming (that actor's never been named). So Warner came in and was reading his dialogue from cue cards on the floor, because he had so little time to actually rehearse and learn his lines.

As someone who loves Star Trek (gently caress Voyager), please never stop with these random nuggets. Unless it's something like "Colm Meaney is a sex pest" or something - I need to live in ignorance of O'Brien being awful.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Well our new years eve plans just got spoiled with my 5 year old getting surprise strep throat. :thumbsup:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This would have made my year

https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/status/1609084640408797185?t=xOl13et8ug44NHyxvquoow&s=19

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

As someone who loves Star Trek (gently caress Voyager), please never stop with these random nuggets. Unless it's something like "Colm Meaney is a sex pest" or something - I need to live in ignorance of O'Brien being awful.

Happy to be of service. :tipshat:

Edit: And, no, by every account Colm Meaney is a consummate professional and is an actor's actor: Early to the set, always has his lines memorized, never complains about working hours. And that's stuff I've been told firsthand by Trek crew as well as read from various directors and co-workers he's had on movies and TV over the years.

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 31, 2022

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Abugadu posted:

But I’m still in Wisconsin, on day 3 of deathwatch for my mother in law. Apparently she went in the hospital in November for a slip and fall, and somehow that turned into the hospital taking out her gallbladder, then she got mrsa, and the combo of that plus her cirrhosis meant that the antibiotics hosed her kidneys, so she got renal failure, been in a near-coma for over a week.

She’s a proud woman, didn’t want her family to see her weakened, so her PoA was a friend from her hometown, who made some awful decisions, and didn’t notify her family.

So, make sure your PoA isn’t a PoS.

ah double shits, sorry man

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tell him what

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Tell him what

the person making the tweet is the voice actress of the character the kid is watching

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

the person making the tweet is the voice actress of the character the kid is watching

Ahhh okay I never finished the series and thought it like didn't have a conclusion or something

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Ahhh okay I never finished the series and thought it like didn't have a conclusion or something

If you have time I would recommend finishing it.

It's still my favorite animated show ever

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a sexual elk posted:

Vikings lose

:monocle:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just ordered an assload of Greek food which I shall eat accompanied by enough beer that I'll pass out until the Vienna New Year's concert begins at 2ish AM Pacific time.

Happy New Year, you filthy goons.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Please enjoy this (apparently goon-made) quiz on the 2022 Year in Discourse:

Happy NYE everyone!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Freaquency posted:

Please enjoy this (apparently goon-made) quiz on the 2022 Year in Discourse:

Happy NYE everyone!

I can't wait for Twitter to die.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My new years was kinda boring. In bed reading at 9pm. Still not the worst new years either.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

My New Year's is going to be pretty quiet. Heading over to my girlfriend's in a little bit, where we'll watch Glass Onion and maybe Ghostbusters 2 while chowing down on Italian beef sandwiches from the local Gino's East, and I'll indulge myself in a glass bottle of Green River (before immediately jabbing myself full of insulin to counteract the sugar rush). I'd be stunned if we make it to midnight; I'm 38 and she's 33 and we're usually in bed by 10 most nights.

Timby fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 31, 2022

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Timby posted:

My New Year's is going to be pretty quiet. Heading over to my girlfriend's in a little bit, where we'll watch Glass Onion and maybe Ghostbusters 2 while chowing down on Italian beef sandwiches from the local Gino's East. I'd be stunned if we make it to midnight; I'm 38 and she's 33 and we're usually in bed by 10 most nights.

Pick a different Ghostbusters, 2 sucked.

UNLESS

maybe you’re not trying to watch the movie at all :aaaaa:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Silly Burrito posted:

UNLESS

2 is a soulless, lifeless remake of the first movie that no one--sans Aykroyd--involved wanted to make, but it does have the climax take place on New Year's Eve.

She's also interested in Top Gun: Maverick. We watched Blade 2 and The American President last night, and The Fugitive the night before that, so our viewing habits run the gamut.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Silly Burrito posted:

UNLESS

Someone is getting slimed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whole office is coming down with covid and I wrote paxlovid for five people today

girlfriend is currently convalescing with what looks sounds like a sinus infection, but who the gently caress knows at this point.

think im gonna be watching Georgia obliterate OSU from my own couch tonight.

Happy New Years internet friends. Here's to hoping 2023 is a better one.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Poseidon takes place on new years!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Someone is getting slimed.

You kids and your lingo for sex :argh:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FizFashizzle posted:

Happy New Years internet friends. Here's to hoping 2023 is a better one.

Same.

I've got a job interview this coming Thursday to be the director of marketing at our downtown civic and event center / theater / concert arena. My best friend sits on the city commission that governs it, I've known the GM for going on fifteen years, and the former GM has already put in a good word for me. So I'm really hoping this pans out.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Went on a short hike today since it was a balmy 28 degrees at one our nice parks down the road, and saw the finished expanded parking area (kinda needed it) and repaved the road (definitely needed it) for the summer beer garden area that’s gotten insanely popular the last couple of years.

Except by expanding the parking lot, they lopped off a huge chunk of the actual, y’know, PARK area for enjoying a nice cold beer outside in

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm going to do my traditional New Year's Eve cleaning and then watch the 1st season of Futurama. I'm getting ready to scrub my tub and then it's just waiting for my laundry to finish. Our trash didn't get picked up yesterday so I'm a bit limited on that front since our trash can is packed.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Timby posted:

Same.

I've got a job interview this coming Thursday to be the director of marketing at our downtown civic and event center / theater / concert arena. My best friend sits on the city commission that governs it, I've known the GM for going on fifteen years, and the former GM has already put in a good word for me. So I'm really hoping this pans out.

smh, crony capitalism run rampant

sendimg good luck job vibes anyway

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Freaquency posted:

smh, crony capitalism run rampant

sendimg good luck job vibes anyway

A lesson I learned about job-hunting more than a decade ago: Build your network before you need it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We are watching the Matilda musical and then I dunno. Ordered pizza and making all sorts of cocktails tonight.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1607216111031926784?s=46&t=KMSUaR9U19rpSxeJKuzmCQ

Free this political prisoner immediately

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ghostbusters 2 was good what the gently caress

No Butt Stuff posted:

We are watching the Matilda musical and then I dunno. Ordered pizza and making all sorts of cocktails tonight.

My kids liked it and that was good enough for me I guess

Emma Thompson as Miss Trunchbull was weird

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

football but same

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

We debated putting on a movie now that the kiddo is in bed but I spent 4 hours in the kitchen today and I just wanna have a drink and play video games.

I open up new old stock games I buy throughout the year and destroy their resale value, as a treat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doggo isn't handling the fireworks well, unfortunately for me that means sticking to me like glue but also panting relentlessly so he's dripping saliva on me over and over

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Abugadu posted:

But I’m still in Wisconsin, on day 3 of deathwatch for my mother in law.

Yup. And that is extra lovely, not being prepared (or aware) makes that situation even worse.

About to pack the little one up and head to the in-laws for the day. Hoping my stellar record against my brother and sister-in-law in Mario Kart 8 stays unblemished.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Leperflesh posted:

It's pissing down

we're experiencing major flooding!

I feel a sudden need to go to Costco and buy bread, milk, and TP

My backyard had about 3 inches of water in it. A friend was supposed to come over but did not want to brave the freeways, so I guess just sitting here with my family doing the 9pm NYE celebration to get the kids in bed.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Hillbilly fireworks starting already, sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rectal Placenta posted:

Hillbilly fireworks starting already, sigh

Gunfire?