Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What’s it like in the future y’all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Aw drat. The future still sucks. Oh well.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Pizzas came out pretty well! All of them came out edible and not burned to a crisp. Not circular by any means, but tasty. At least, I thought they were tasty; I think my family was expecting New York style, unaware that I was taking the first step on a journey towards the perfect Neapolitan pie. Ingrates :argh:

Nice pizzas! I like that turning peel. Ours came in yesterday and I was a bit surprised by how big it was. Looks like it will do the job.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think it’s funny that the OP for last year was permabanned.

Uh oh, AA. :ohdear:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

remember they used the same CG as harry potter

Still prefer the less is more approach with CGI. It’s still amazing how well Jurassic Park looks compared to its sequels.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

Thank you, she's doing much better this evening (managed to eat some oatmeal). The acid reflux is in remission I guess.

We watched the Hawkeye series and it's surprisingly decent! Also definitely qualifies as "a christmas movie" even though it's six episodes instead of a movie.

If nothing else, the end of the second episode introduced me to an 80s song I had never heard before and quite like.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Just waiting for this.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's hard to believe that's so when you consider the astounding stupidity of the average American of the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rh6qqsmxNs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

There is some real movie set snow going on in Chicago right now. Just this very gentle, dry snow while still being bright out, and no wind.

Started my early morning walk this morning and it was 70. By the time I came back home the cold front was coming through and it was already 57. I'm ready for some cooler weather in winter.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

D-LINK posted:

She said yes, my brother. Turns out she's been impatiently waiting for me ask bc some snitch in my family blew up my spot :blush:

Congrats man!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Crescent Wrench posted:

Man we have a lot of teetotalers in this thread.

(Oh congrats D-LINK!)

Punky Brewster and Just Say No had a powerful effect.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rectal Placenta posted:

Smh, forgetting the harrowing tale of the caffeine pill scourge at Bayside High School

Dango Bango posted:

"I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm...so...SCARED!!" :cry:

They slipped in a new reference to this in season 2 of the new Saved By The Bell.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This was 2 minutes well spent.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1478145149808963586?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/KumarsSalehi/status/1478498835777220608

if only cops could shoot the snow, this wouldn't even be happening

Nuking the snow would melt it quickly and the nuclear blast would also clear traffic from the road. Hmm. :thunk:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think you're just faking COVID to play video games!

If you have time to lean you have time to clean.

Get well soon y’all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That’s the point. We got COVID.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao I’ve lost over 25 pounds in the last year.

Lit

Don’t worry, I found them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dammit, I hope they don’t mess it up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

In heaven we'll all be shareholders

I don’t think that’s heaven.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

drat, SB getting dragged.

Sometimes the best thing a husband can do is to shut his mouth. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

If I submitted a script today, what's the lead time in getting a big budget Hollywood movie made where our complete indifference to the virus ends with the Omega variant being the 100% deadly end of world one that we had years to prepare for with effective real-world countermeasures?

Less than how long it will take us to get there in real life?

They already redid Planet of the Apes, sorry.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hello Kittori Hanzo

This is an excellent joke.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Glumslinger posted:

Happy holiday to all who celebrate

That reminds me, it’s lunchtime and I’m hungry.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Butt Stuff posted:

Just go see a hair loss doctor. They’ll give you finasteride and/or minoxidil and the loss will at least stop if not reverse some.

What Would Drew Brees Use?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I guess so. To me it's hard for obnoxious northern snow snobiness to register in the wake of "What?!? You want us to give everybody Covid tests? Might as well give out free ice cream and blowjobs while we're at it." If Bernie Sanders let a similar comment slip it would be easy to chalk it up as a rare thoughtless moment. Seems like the context of Jen Psaki is doing the heavy lifting on this outrage.

I will vote for the candidate that offers free ice cream and blowjobs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
There's a series of books on Amazon called the Middle Falls Time Travel books (https://www.amazon.com/Unusual-Second-Life-Thomas-Weaver-ebook/dp/B01J8FBONO). It's sort of like this, although with no 10 million dollars. People live their lives over and over, sometimes getting rich, sometimes getting famous, usually screwing up things.

Give me the 10 million every day. Even when you think you know what will happen, just see what happened to the guys in Hot Tub Time Machine. Things go tits up y'all.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Here's a question: what if you had to do both or neither? Meaning, you'd get the 10 million at whatever age you are now, but you'd have to relieve your life all over again before you get it.

I'd still say nope for going back in time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BigPaddy posted:

Social Media. Control it make it less poo poo.

Oh poo poo, I could go back in time and RULE on the Prodigy boards. Muahahahahhaa

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Considering I was born in 81, I could easily wait until I was in high school to drop a bunch of knowledge and still be decades ahead of technology at the time.

To what effect though? I could go back to 1984 and say "hey Apple you're gonna make an iPhone" but I have no idea how they do it. Maybe say something about graphene or CRISPR? Hey Larry and Sergei, you need to make a search engine that prioritizes links that are on other pages, and hey, you need to charge people for specific words that are searched.

Maybe just go back in time and register all the URLs that will get used. Sorry, there's no Facebook anymore but Yearbook is full of crap.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

Is it that time of year already?

Until March 1st, yes. We had one last week, and Braks just made this one today. Very drat good.

She found a savory boudin filled, étouffée topped king cake for sale on Facebook. As much as I like boudin and étouffée, that just sounds wrong.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is Moon Knight Marvel Batman?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

In news that isn't the offsite helldump harassing timby

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1483461597398024192

lol

What’s her email address?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

You got fucktheCowboys? That’s why I had to settle for FuckTheDallasCowboys.

Pssh I got the best one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

I finally got an Xbox Series X :hellyeah:

I’m enjoying mine too, but I’ve spent the last couple of days setting up Retroarch on it. So far it’s been a great emulation machine.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

I may need to look into this, since that is very intriguing.

Supposedly there is a way to do it in retail mode without using dev mode, but I already set it up in dev mode and other people have said that possibly using the retail method may get your Xbox banned, but hell if I know.

I will say for convenience sake it’s nice having everything all set up on one console and ready to go with four wireless controllers. I totally see why people buy the $299 Xbox version strictly for emulation purposes and have Xbox gaming on the side. I have a MISTer and that works great but this is sufficient for me too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Are we going to have to rescue Matt Damon AGAIN??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well hell, lump me in with with the chat thread Covid Crew. One of my kids got it, now I have it, but I must be asymptomatic because I feel fine.

This is why I wanted to stay home this week and work from home so I didn't potentially pass this crap around and now I'm glad I did.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

ugh. somehow someway I've still dodged the bullet even though one of my kids got it but the other never tested positive either

hope you guys recover quickly

Thanks. Considering Braks sleeps in the same bed and same room, I have no idea how she didn't test positive either but :shrug:.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I just like how everyone is just basically ignoring the dick in the toaster oven and whistling through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tulalip Tulips posted:

That was what I was told when I asked why someone with a penis would that but who knows. It may have been a dumb thing his pseudo-frat had him to for lolz or he may have wanted the sweet caresses of burning searing metal. Compared to his food crimes, OTT obessession with making sure he didn't come off as poor to his rich friends, love of the IDF, and constantly telling me my taste was terrible and everything I liked was poo poo the toaster dicking was just funny.

My guess is he wanted to tan it and didn't want to pay the tanning bed fees.