Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So when does Soylent Green come out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/BrimleyMilford/status/1478359599006855173

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Covid update: Now on day 10, head congestion lingering. Lost my sense of taste and smell over the weekend so I'm pretty sure I have Delta. At least the chest poo poo is gone. Tested positive in a rapid test Monday, went for a PCR today, another PCR scheduled for Sunday. On leave at work.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hell, by the time your capex on your facilities is paid for you'll be cleaning seawater off your factory floor every night

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Did I just watch the biggest US war criminal since Jeff Davis get forgiven for his sins? :psyduck:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Covid update: Back at work this morning, glad to be over it. Not having my taste or smell senses kind of sucked.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I am so so so glad I never lost either. I’ve heard it’s miserable.

It was an inconvenience. I've lost it before for bad head colds so when I do I prioritize crunch and heat. Normally I can't stand black eyed peas at New Year's but since they tasted like water I threw some habanero in them and had two bowls of them this time.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Chicago built this emergency COVID ward at McCormick Place Convention Center in 2020, and I think they saw 10 patients. I'm not sure why they don't open that back up and send all COVID patients there and have the national guard staff it. Maybe they don't have the personnel or something. Then again, Illinois hasn't quite hit hospital capacity yet.

Harris County did one of those as well back at the beginning of Covid. They rerouted $60 million from the road maintenance budget, spent $17 million of that on tents, spent the rest on staffing the tents with traveling nurses and a bunch of people at an environmental service firm at $2000 per day each, and the only other people that ever saw the inside of it were journalists before breaking it down a month later. Just a massive waste.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 10, 2022

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

It's pretty remarkable that they are somehow handling as badly as the "CAN WE HIT THE BODY WITH LIGHT AND BLEACH" Trump administration, but here we are.
Bunny rabbits and ice cream for all

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Oh man I'd love to see that implemented more places. Drivers here in Chicago have become absolute psychopaths and I do a lot of bike commuting.

Combine those with red light cameras and the PD will finally be able to buy that M1A1 tank they've had their eyes on

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/status/1483124014381993985

Big "you, in fact, don't have to hand it to him" energy

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Jesus Christ

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 18, 2022

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

USPS is giving out free COVID tests

https://special.usps.com/testkits

"Our records show that at-home COVID-19 tests have already been ordered for this address. We are unable to process duplicate orders for the same address."

Guess the system's already hosed.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Samadhi posted:

I am not sure how they would hijack it since they'll be shipped to your address? Better put some traps in your bushes

And it would go in one of those massive iron boxes so a massive iron mailbox so the chances of that getting intercepted is zero. It's a house.

Makes me think the system has already either crapped out or ran out of tests to allocate.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Isn't this kind of stuff that NYC Tattoo guy handles? Run it all over to him.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

New at the shrimp money house this week:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I seen the future and it's the Habbo Hotel

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Also who is this angel and what is their backstory?

Taki there is about seven months old and seems to have had hardly any socialization. I'm a week in and he/she (too early to tell) will only just now hop up on my hand for some seeds.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

Friends, you can't prove that anything in that world isn't Ditto and that should chill you to the bone.

You can prove something's not Ditto

Deez nuts

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Forrest on Fire posted:

Psaki thinks she's crushing that line. Jesus.

The same people dogpiling on Mitch McConnell for saying the quiet part out loud are praising this slay kween for saying the quiet part out loud

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Can't decide if DeSantis is just a regular political fuckstick using popular sentiment to get himself elected or if he's actually the competent fascist that will really ruin the back half of the 20s.

Either way, he's Trump's heir at least as far as the MAGAs I've talked to. Ted Cruz is a pansy, Marco Rubio is a wuss, Mike Pence is a traitor, Greg Abbott is a crippled DeSantis, Nikki Haley's not hot enough, and everyone else makes too much money as a grifter.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Qwijib0 posted:

This is also arizona, the "I already paid my school taxes back home" is a popular sentiment here too.

I could tell. My cousin's from a rural town in northern Arizona and his school was just atrocious. Like six times three is 24, or people in the graduating class getting a diploma they couldn't read. I reckon the entire state's like that, except for Scottsdale.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

^^--wait poo poo, this made a pressure cooker's sales go through the roof? I mean the Instant pot is also fine and safe and a good thing, that's just amazing though.

That's like how show writers are writing off characters by having them have heart attacks on Peloton bikes. The actual company, which already was on shaky ground, is now on the verge of bankruptcy or acquisition.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 27, 2022

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

My stepson is a Browns fan by way of his dad's family, who is from Cleveland. He's a MMO guy and watches almost zero football but for whatever reason decided to put himself through watching the Bengals make the Super Bowl anyway.

Me, I like Joe Burrow so Bengals all the way here.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Como Se Llama

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Still trying to talk my wife into going to Big Bend. Darkest sky left in the lower 48.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Samadhi posted:

Fiz not sure why you're bragging about picking up half ton BBWs at the bar in the chat thread

Half ton?

Hey, two chicks at the same time

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Acknowledging me is Hippa

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

seiferguy posted:

who the heck trashes a system like that?

Someone with more money than sense, like a crypto miner or a congressman

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/Gritty20202/status/1494303117847920640

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

BlindSite posted:

I just got off the phone with the company I'd interviewed at during this week. Got the job I was chasing! So gently caress yeah!

gently caress yeah indeed! Congrats!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Apparently everyone in the UK is watching this guy at Heathrow. Dude just became a star.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Forrest on Fire posted:

I don't know why the US is so heavily involved in the diplomatic angle of this. If the government is actually this scared of Russia it should be tripling its investment in Alaska first, that territory is a loving mess right now.

Putin's belligerent but not suicidal.

But you want to triple military investment for some reason, the Polish border might well be the new inner German border so that's always an idea.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

BlindSite posted:

tbh everyone should just get the gently caress out of the way and let the fire burn out because at this point everyone talking tough and pushing for direct action is just pouring fuel on the fire.

1. I’m just a guy that watches college football and it’s probably better this way because the level of Curtis LeMay in my brain is way too high right now.

2. We’re getting really close to a phase where egos are in play and the act of saving face won’t allow backing down. We already have both sides rattling sabers louder and louder for similar but not identical reasons - NATO trying to prove its reason to exist by talking tough on Russian and starting sanctions and moving up from there, and Putin trying to not show weakness in front of his generals and oligarch patrons and pulling more technically-not-war actions to do so. Someone is going to have to set their ego aside or we’re all going to talk ourselves into a direct confrontation.

I’m really glad this is happening in 2022 and not 1982.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I just saw it, poo poo was indeed wild. Ukraine should just walk out of the UN for all the good it's done.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rubio's been pretty dead on this evening. Makes me wonder if he's tweeting a little more classified info than he should.

At the very least, he's a better American than Tulsi Gabbard. Hope he doesn't trip over that rotted twig of a low bar though.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Putin needs an Attitude Adjustment

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/AnalizeThis/status/1496996454719799297

Obviously gotta take a bit of salt with this one but…

Stay safe Ukrainian Ghost

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 25, 2022

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

And then you have these guys deciding to have a live action Local58 and die on their island

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1497008459287785472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I mean, it is "go gently caress yourselves" season in Ukraine