Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Aw drat. The future still sucks. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Samadhi posted:

Really sad that the original thread title was censored smdh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlJdPOkMa9k

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

DKCecil never survived to the days chat threads became allowed or it'd be three :v:

Was he the one that ran off with some money from a goon fantasy league or whatever it was? I vaguely recall something like that happening but don’t recall the whole story.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Man, I don't even remember who public works project was.

I recall the name but little else. I think maybe it was them or another poster (Soothing Vapors, maybe?) whose wife was the subject of a running series of puns and jokes for a while.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
My AC isn’t working and it’s still over 80° even though it’s been dark for like 90 minutes fml

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

TFF you are good folks and I'm drinking and in happy mode and wanted to say that I'm glad to be among this community, silently farting around and saying gently caress the Cowboys at every opportunity.

:hellyeah: gently caress the Cowboys, friend!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Congrats to D-Link on the sex.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I don’t want to be at work.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

hit da bricks

I’m just tired from the weekend. What I had hoped was going to be a relaxing three-and-a-half day weekend ended up requiring four trips to the Comcast store over cable box issues, finding out my sister-in-law has COVID (She’s vaxxed thankfully and quickly quarantined herself), and then my AC going out yesterday so I didn’t sleep well. That’s hopefully getting fixed today, but I now I feel like I need a few days off and I won’t be able to swing that for a few months…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I didn’t like WFH, but I know a lot of that had to do with the job I had at the time (Chewy) and having a poor workspace setup in my apartment. I don’t really have the space to set up a true home office, I don’t even have a good space for a desk, and there’s too much temptation to gently caress around or snack or otherwise be distracted. I need the separation of my work life and home life, both mentally and physically.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

ozymandius1024 posted:

You can throw me in with the "never done anything" crowd.

:same:

In my case, just the smell of weed tends to give me a headache so I've never had any interest in smoking. I've done it once or twice and it didn't do anything, and being exposed to it a ton hasn't increased my desire to do it again (My dad and brother smoke a lot, my mom occasionally). I also don't like the taste of alcohol, so I've only very rarely drink and that's usually stuff that doesn't taste really like alcohol, and at that point, why bother drinking, really? I also kinda like being the designated driver and the person who still has their mental stuff in place, so it usually works out for the better for everyone (Or did in the pre-COVID times when I used to hang out with people a few jobs back).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Samadhi posted:

DLINK please hook up a giant TV at your wedding and walk down the aisle to this

There’s other songs (and scenes) from Team America that would also work for this.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't remember much of that movie buy will always have a special place in my heart for when main character guy goes undercover and they tell him he'll have to kill himself if he's caught, so they give him an old hammer.

I’m pretty sure the movie opens with the the Eiffel Tower and most of Paris being destroyed as collateral damage from them stopping terrorists. Plus the whole puppet sex scene.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/KumarsSalehi/status/1478498835777220608

if only cops could shoot the snow, this wouldn't even be happening

The cops won’t shoot snow. Now, black ice…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I say we nuke Dallas and Boston.

I say this regardless of previous discussion topics.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I've been pooping nonstop please send help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxxcIU5OhQs

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

General Dog posted:

It hosed me up when Mandalorian showed Jawas on a planet other than Tatooine. Like, are we supposed to believe they’re a spacefaring species, or do they just get on ships like rats and migrate from point A to point B?

The old EU implied the latter, as they’d pop up in ports and things all over.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

I also want to say that Ming Na Wen is a fox and I hope I look like she does at 58.

:same: Hell, I wish I looked as good right now at 31 (And a dude). I constantly look like I have black eyes.

Also somebody pointed out in one of the Star Wars threads that the cool Tusken warrior lady is a stunt woman who has done like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel and I’d be totally okay if she’s what’s under that mask (They shouldn’t take the mask off, IMO, leave them as mysterious).

Skwirl posted:

Eh, they cancelled Supernatural, what are you even buying at this point? Nancy Drew?

Do they still have Whose Line is it Anyway?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

T-Square posted:

Same and same. I’ve had people ask me what happened on multiple occasions and I’m like “…huh?” and they say “you have two black eyes did you get in a fight last night or something?” and I’m like “oh lol, nah I just have bags constantly” and then they go on to insist that no I should really go look in a mirror I have black eyes :jerkbag:

I used to only get them if I was very tired or very sick even as a kid, but it’s one of those things that became semi-permanent, or at least more obvious, once I hit 30. :corsair:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

RIP to the shittiest television ever created

Fox News still exists, sadly.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

he was a huge drug addict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dzDb5v744

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

What does TFF think about the potential resurgence of the 2014 'tumblr girl' aesthetic, as predicted by NYT fashion writers?

I'm not seeing it but I won't pretend like I was hanging out in Paris last fall or anything.

I first read this as “tub girl” aesthetic and got really, really confused for a moment about what the gently caress was going on at NYT.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I'm pretty certain the first PC game I had was Talonsoft's West Front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBMGixCduOg

That's the intro video and it is not representative of the game play at all. It's a John Tiller Campaign Series hex grog game that you can still get from Matrix Games and at best looked like this:

If you zoomed out more I think it went to the tradtional NATO counters and whatnot. I nonetheless sunk hundreds of hours into that game and still play a scenario or short campaign every few months.

Granted, we didn't get a PC until somewhat later (1998, maybe?), and also had either an original NES or N64 that got used constantly.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

I think some of those stores are not owned by Disney so they can sell pretty much whatever they want. That store also sells Sanrio and Pokemon stuff too.

Yeah, a bunch of the countries in EPCOT are like that. 20~ years ago, Japan was amazing for having stuff like import Gundam models and other stuff right when that was blowing up.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Barudak posted:

You deserve nothing but scorn

:hmmyes:

Also, for those of you watching Book of Boba Fett, todays episode has four words I never knew I needed in my life: Danny Trejo: Rancor Trainer

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I too like pork flavored chewing gum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YnNOf-XCI

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

His pillows are loving terrible.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Change The Smiths to a handful of other bands and that’d be me no question.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

All right, let's fess up: name your poo poo band that you used in that time period.

All the bands I like are cool, good, and usually absurdly talented :smugdog:

That said, I’ve made no secret in these threads over the years my go to is always Van Halen first. Watch or listen to Live Without a Net and try not to smile or be a little bit happier.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:haibrower: Let’s go COVID!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Can someone give me the recap of this Prince Andrew thing cause I have zero idea what y’all are talking about.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Leperflesh posted:

He was one of Epstein's pals and probably hosed underage girls on airplanes.

Its Rinaldo posted:

He was buddies with Epstein and has a civil sexual assault case in New York that wasn't dismissed so th Queen told him you're on your own binch

:yikeseroo:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

New Command & Conquer off to a good start!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Glumslinger posted:

Happy holiday to all who celebrate

drat, today should be a paid holiday then.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

It'd also be hilarious if the band ended up as like him, Sirhan Sirhan, Squeaky Fromme and some random guy who has no idea about the other 3's pasts, just really likes playing the drums

I want to be their Ringo.

OJ Simpson ain’t doing all that much right now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'd stop Tom Brady from his reign of terror and create a NFL C&C Red Alert scenario and it would be worth it.

:hellyeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

harperdc posted:

figured this might be the right audience for this web game

https://wikitrivia.tomjwatson.com

shockingly harder than you'd think, my best streak so far is 8.

Best I got was 15, but the first 7-8 were not only very easy but also stuff right in my wheelhouse, including Furherbunker, American Dad, Zoe Kravitz, some Jimmy Stewart movie, and the Gallipoli campaign. I had another that went 11 that had started with Eddie Van Halen, the battle of Passchendaele, and a couple of easy ones about literature.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Whole bunch of random people showing up in the chat thread for the first time ever just to bust Timby IMO is weirder than his story of what happened.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Playoff posters from upcountry

I forgot playoff posters were a thing since IIRC we didn’t get a ton last year.

Quiet Feet posted:

I need.to see GOOTS with the DOOM font.