Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

It’s like 18 degrees out and snowing like a mother fucker, so a couple of friends and I dragged my cast iron chimney out from the backyard up to the deck and stood around a fire drinking scotch and smoked a couple of beef tenderloins and made sammiches, not a bad evening!

Sounds like a good time. Its been above 0 like once in the past week and I'm already done with winter. 30 tomorrow and Monday but then back to single digits and negatives after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fartknocker posted:

I don’t want to be at work.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

curious about that too. i work in cannabis and ive had a decent number of older folk who say they tried it for the first time once it legalized and they were able to get low dose edibles to test it out

I've never smoked but was in Colorado this summer and bought some gummies. Got high for the first time at age 38. I enjoy it and would definitely buy more if it were legal here.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Damnit goons, stop getting sick!

This! It seems to be a nationwide issue. Even beyond COVID. My wife is currently in her second round of influenza A so it's been a real fun couple weeks. Thankfully I've avoided any kind of sickness but I'd imagine my luck will run out soon. I ran to get a few groceries last night and it was amazing to me how few people were wearing masks despite the obvious issues going on. The cold and cough medicine aisle was wiped out. Never seen anything like it.

On a personal positive note, I did 3 sets of 6 unassisted chin ups last night. Felt like a big achievement considering when I started training I needed bands to assist doing any.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

dont worry guys if you can't find a test this old geezer recommends google

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1478761964327297026?s=20

But what if I use Lycos for my web searches?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

General Dog posted:

I’m up to Hitman 3 now

I got it for Christmas. Probably won't have time to play it for a while.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is some bullshit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Skwirl posted:

Where the gently caress do you live? North Alaska?

North Dakota.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Does anyone know that website that sells discounted Xbox Live and Playstation Plus subscriptions? I can't seem to remember it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Samadhi posted:

https://www.cdkeys.com/ has them often. You can also keep an eye on https://slickdeals.net/ and set up notifications there.

edit: Such as this.

That's it, thanks!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1480976894589906950?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Fifty Three posted:

I bought a parka 3 years ago as my first Real Winter Jacket and, man, I waited too long. I'd been doing the dumbshit college kid "field jacket over hoodie" thing and life in the cold is just so much better when you have proper gear.

I roll with hoodie above 32. Hoodie and light-mid jacket from 0-32. Parka below 0.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Add me to TFF COVID list.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

RESET THE CLOCK

feel better soon

Thanks. I've got a pretty sore throat and a mild cough. Mucinex seems to be doing the trick.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

Hope you feel better. If you've got nose congestion, keep your head propped while you sleep, clean it out prior to sleeping with a neti pot. The lingering cough was the worst part for me, but ended up being fine otherwise.

I appreciate the tip! I've been pounding water as Timby suggested. Feeling decent.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Woop! Woop! COVID free! Tested negative today. Back to normal life now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

Gimme some of that juju. I tested again this morning and I'm waiting for the results. Ya girl got jury duty AGAIN on Monday. I have no problem serving but I don't want to roll up in there with ronis.

Good luck! They told me 15 minutes for results and took an hour so I thought for sure I was positive still.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

With the next gen Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport around the corner I’m finding it really hard to resist the urge to go hunt down a PS5 or XSX and plonk it down on a credit card with a new wheel set up.

Do it and Forza Horizon 5 is out now and absolutely stunning to look at and a blast to play.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Samadhi posted:

Replaced one of two bathroom sinks today (the second tomorrow after the caulk on this one sets), and it only took one extra trip to Home Depot for supplies.

Impressive! Plumbing always is at least 2 trips for me it seems.

I just about wrapped up installing cabinets in my kitchen. This has been a process but not as bad as anticipated. Laser level made things much easier.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Current state of our bathroom: almost fully torn down

Going to pull out any of that subfloor with black on it and get rid of the wire that was going to the whirlpool tub, then I think we're ready for actual construction.

The big push this weekend is pulling together a list of poo poo to buy and a general idea of what order to start putting things together. Big step 1 is installing an in-line fan in the attic for that bathroom (no fan currently) and the one directly to the right of that picture (has a fan going out the roof, which means electrical and ductwork up there to take advantage of).

Nice. I get to start showers next week. I'm using the schluter kerdi system. Pretty much no brainier.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I set my rangetop in place today because they're templating countertops tomorrow and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to use it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

God drat I would make so many cheese steaks and smash burgs on that bad boy

Living in ND it's going to be so nice having a flat top to use during the 3-4 months I can't use my Blackstone outside.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Got to meet Mick F’n Foley tonight at his show. Braksgirl and I went to the meet and greet, took pictures, he signed and wore my fantasy football belt and we had a hell of a good time. Great show!

That's awesome. Love Mick. I remember buying Japanese deathmatch tapes on eBay of him when I was in high school. Just a legend.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Freaquency posted:

I want to share this for anyone that doesn’t peruse the good tweets thread:

Lmao thank you for posting this.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CannonFodder posted:

Blindsite laughs in Down Under while hooning a Holden Ute.

The Freightliner Cascadia I drive has a better forward view than that.

Granted I always stop where I can see the tires of the car in front of me when possible but that's just atrocious.

The view in that video is like if I put my 7 year old in the driver seat and set the seat to the lowest setting.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Leperflesh posted:

Right, and butter turns brown from cooking pretty quickly (lit. make "brown butter" sometimes), so probably the other five times I've made a roux it was with butter and it turned brown in a few minutes.

But you want a nice dark brown which takes about an hour to achieve without burning it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I haven't been able to brew for a couple years now and I greatly miss it. When I finally get my house done in a few weeks it's on! I've got 4 kegs (5g) and a kegerator waiting to be filled.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

Same. Since the kiddo came along I put it all on hold and welp

Got some big welded kettles in my folks’ attic I need to pick up. I’m going to try and get back to it this year. Was doing a steady run of clean farmhouse brews and big estery Belgians with no-chill technique when baby came along. I’d like to pick it up again.

Nice. I've been using an old 8 gallon keg but acquired a 16 that I want to convert so I can boil a double batch. My cream ale and chocolate milk stout go way too fast. I haven't got into anything too crazy yet.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hit an important milestone today.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

onitsuka tigers,

I've been wearing these for like 15 years and I need a new pair any they are so loving hard to find in stock in my size.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

They discontinued the Ultimate 81 which was my favorite.

:negative:

So that's what happened. gently caress!

Edit: Ironically, I've been looking at the New Balance ML574 as a replacement. Closer and closer to full dad mode.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 22, 2022

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I finally got to fire up the rangetop today! Get to move in this weekend so Sunday morning breakfast gonna be amazing.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Fifty Three posted:

Gat drat I'm jealous. What heats the middle, gas or induction?

It's all gas. 30k BTU heats the 24" griddle. It has temp sensors too so you can set the temp of the griddle.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I was like whatever on the pot filler but the wife wanted it and I didn't have much leverage to say no after getting my dream rangetop.

T-Square posted:

Hi friend I have like three pounds of smoked pulled pork in the freezer that would crisp up excellently on that flat top, I’ll bring some tortillas too see you Sunday!

Hell yeah! Let's go!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

What the gently caress.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I got my certificate of occupancy today! I can finally live in my house legally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Not a lot of garden space, sadly :/

I'll need to get it surveyed before I get aggressive with the landscaping, lest I come across......Tree Law.

Finally you can stop neglecting your BGE.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My Pixel 2 is dying. It cannot hold a charge for more than a few hours, doing nothing. I think it's time to upgrade. Pixel 5a or Pixel 6? Or do I venture into the dark side and purchase an iPhone??? Please share your phone thoughts&prayers with me.

I have a Pixel 6 and it's pretty great.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Butt Stuff posted:

I bought a bidet and I can already tell my life has changed forever.

Hell yeah! I jumped on the bandwagon last summer and I'm never looking back.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Given LASIK has basically changed my world, this might be the post that makes me actually get one next time I need to do a toilet repair...

I bought the Tushy brand one and it installs in like 10 minutes. Turn the water valve off. Flush toilet to drain the tank. Unscrew the water supply line, insert T and reconnect water line. Take toilet seat off and set bidet in place and reattach toilet seat. Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Android Apocalypse posted:

So the Tushy bidet sprays cold water? I'm intrigued by a bidet but I'm also wanting one that has not-cold water, so now I'm either redoing plumbing to run hot water to the toilet or I'm installing electrical plugs near the toilet to run a bidet's heater… or maybe I'm overthinking this whole bidet thing.

It does. It's probably the most basic bidet but I love it.

I live in North Dakota and our water in the winter is pretty cold but it's never been an issue. The water basically sits in the water line until you use it so it usually isn't that cold because it's at room temperature.