Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I would kill for some snow over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Congrats DLINK

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The funniest thing Eric Adams has done, imo, was when a Israeli interviewer asked him his thoughts on Israel, Eric said he loved it so much he is planning on moving there after retirement, when the interviewer asked where in Israel Eric replied the Golan Heights

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
My wife and I started watching the Korean dating show Singles Inferno on Netflix. It’s pretty good, and I am so amused at how the contestants are seemingly obsessed with iced Americanos. The first scene where the 1 guy and 2 girls go on a date and get served americanos had me dying on the floor, their pleasure was so immense

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Everyone remembers the Oregon trail, but I loved playing the Yukon Trail and Amazon Trail games.

Other childhood PC games:

- Warcraft 1 and 2
- mechwarrior 2: mercenaries
- Diablo 1
- kings Quest games

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Leperflesh posted:

scorched earth

played SO MUCH scorched earth

Yes absolutely. I remember my dad getting frustrated trying to tell me that I should aim at 45 degrees to get max distance as all my ICBM shots splatter way short of the enemy tank

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I have that blue ball and it is really great

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Ornery, thank you for checking in. We are doing okay, riding it out in the house and hoping my wife can land a job by summer. Her citizenship interview is coming next week which will help out a lot if she passes. This civics exam has some tough questions, like knowing who the authors of the Federalist papers are.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah some of the other questions are also tricky. They ask you for the 3 rights guaranteed in the Declaration of Independence, and my wife was rightfully very confused why both the Constitution and the D of Ind guarantee civil rights. I had to tell her that the D of Ind is just a long whiny letter, and not binding law at all, no one has the right to happiness for example.

edit: C-Euro for us its 10 random questions picked from a bank of 100, you have to answer 6 right.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The two headed ogre had the best voice actor but I can’t remember any of the lines. The peons “daabu” is also amazing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Hank Hill approves

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Timby posted:

Want to help me form a rescue team to liberate my dog from my ex-wife?

I know a guy

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Cavauro posted:

i recently made one of my favorite chemicals, chromyl chloride

Good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/nocontextbrits/status/1483071753651896323?s=21

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Richard Armitage is also not a leading man, and casting him as the main dwarf was dumb

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Can my computer savvy friends tell me what to think about this laptop deal: https://deals.dell.com/en-us/member/productdetail/cq79

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I have had a hard time watching any TV besides reruns, my brain just doesn’t want to sit and learn the plot of a new story

Also I started playing Hades, and boy do I suck rear end at video games. How do I get by Meg, I’ve died like 500 times each time nearly instantly

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
If the group exercise and leaderboard/social aspect of Peloton is what gets you regularly working out, that’s great. Some people are very motivated by group exercise and rankings and stuff.

Whatever gets you in the gym

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Intruder posted:

what weapon have you been using?

Whichever has the dark stuff bonus, but my favorite is the shield. About to unlock the fists

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Every time I have to poo I go to the bathroom, and a few seconds later hear a knock. Every time I open the door:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I figured out how to play Hades, went from dying repeatedly to Meg to getting to Elysiums end bosses Theseus and the Minotaur and dying there. Fists are my favorite weapon

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
How good is Crusader Kings 3, I got a new laptop coming

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
If I worked with a Joe Lien I would ask him if he is married, is there a second Lien? haha

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

okay so what are the explanations?

Not sure but this is the perfect start to a classic Jack Reacher yarn

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Despite being a huge fan of the books I have no interest in Reacher the TV show. I suppose it’s because Lee Child’s writing style is central to my love of the books and of course the show won’t have that

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Skwirl posted:

I've enjoyed the Jack Reacher books I've read but your second sentence is still very weird to me. I mean, even if you only read airport fiction you're probably reading more than most Americans so good on you.

I'm mostly thinking about the time Jack Reacher punched a guy in the chest in between heartbeats and instantly killed him (in fairness he didn't know he was punching him in between heart beats, it was just an amazing coincidence)

What I mean is I like Lee Child’s short choppy sentences and no-fluff style of writing. The show just looks like a generic action thing. My favorite Reacher book is Tripwire

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Alright Blindsite you have convinced me to watch the show. The Reacher books are so excellent that it’s worth the time.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Just got to Styx at run 30. Fists and shield are my favorite, and about 80% of the time I am just running in a circle dash-striking repeatedly until the room clears

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Does Ben Gay have any healing properties or is it just a lil something to make you feel better for a small time

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
my friends, I come to you hat in hand, an idiot and a luddite, asking some very basic questions on how to set up a new Windows 11 Home laptop.

I bought a Dell/Alienware R4 laptop, but I have heard whisperings that I should do a 'clean install' of Windows 11 Home to remove the bloatware that comes with it, and to generally improve PC performance. This is my first new computer in like 8 years, and I've mainly used Apple computers so I barely know what I am doing. I don't know what things like BIOS are.

1. What is the easiest way to clean install Windows 11? I have my product key and a 128G formatted USB flash drive. Should I download Windows 11 to the USB from Microsoft's website, and update my BIOS settings to boot from that USB, and do it that way? Along the way I will use the third-party software "Rufus" to help in some way. I feel like I could really screw this up and permanently damage my computer perhaps, I once remember my dad telling me never to mess with the BIOS, but he is aware I am an idiot and was maybe considering that.

2. What is the best anti-virus software?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Is there a general guide for how to set up a new Windows PC in 2022? Like what software is good to have, like, f.lux for blue light reduction, etc. I suppose I will use Firefox as my browser.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Encourage her prepper tendencies. Start rucking with her, put ferro rods on your keychains, buy a takedown rifle and ammo, learn how to track game, practice digging holes, drill applying tourniquets on wet limbs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Started the tutorial for Crusader Kings 3. Get to the part where it says I need to find a wife for myself. No problem, I find a beautiful lowborn lady named Wulfwynn and we get married, she is now the Petty Queen of Munster. I save and quit the game to desktop because I have to go take care of my real life infant.

I come back after some time and pick up the tutorial where I left off. It’s still asking me to find a bride for my character, so I’m a bit miffed that it didn’t save my progress but oh well, let’s find another wife for my guy Murchadd. I find another lowborn woman, a craven gambler, and marry her. I then click on my character screen and Wulfwynn is my wife? Then who did I just marry? Well it turns out that lady is a Secondary Wife, and a few years later she kills my cousin and flees Ireland. What a game.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The game has labeled my son Donnchad as a “disillusioned villain” but he is only 5 years old

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Kinda unrelated but can you guys believe that Super Bowl sopranos commercial to sell an electric truck? Featuring BY FAR the two worst characters from the show, possibly the two worst characters in TV and all fictional media history?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
My most trusted courtier is a random Mongolian guy who showed up in Ireland with great, fantastic healing aptitude. I had to blackmail him into converting into Catholicism but otherwise we are inseparable and I trust him greatly. His daughter is a fornicator but I chose to let it slide rather than imprisoning or executing her

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I did, his wife also handles all artifacts related work

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Just started my first non-tutorial game in CK3, went with the Italian Duke of Apolia, forget his name. It’s not bad but man, everyone in Italy loving hates my Norman guts

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Do you guys think Ben Gay does anything for muscle aches, like in a healing sense, or is it just distraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

BlindSite posted:

I just got off the phone with the company I'd interviewed at during this week. Got the job I was chasing! So gently caress yeah!

Hell yeah