Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
kirbys dream land extra mode on my Analogue Pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

The Final Fantasy Legend

totally fine game. dictionary definition of acceptable. first rpg on the game boy and it shows. very basic but has some weird systems but also they're not weird in a way that's challenging or even requires you to know exactly how they work. more of a historical curiosity than anything you gotta play. also even when you know it's coming thanks to decades of being on the internet, killing god with a chainsaw at the end is still pretty cool.

anyway, the year of SaGa begins

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

aesthetic like fantasy land

get his rear end

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My cousin's copy of Wheel of Fortune NES was jet black instead of the classic grey. I thought nothing of it until I powered it on and heard the theme song. It was hacked and downtuned by at least 40%. Ever since then I freak out like rainman whenever I hear it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

b_d posted:

i will be very surprised if the ghosts don't come back almost immediately

the entire point of the last couple of chapters of the game is very explicitly to kill the ghosts and allow anything to happen, so if they end up just coming back and steering everything towards the events of the original game again then there's been a massive fuckin failure somewhere in the development of this whole remake project lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

pokemon shining pearl. awful. they stick so close to the original games that there's basically no reason for it to exist. just play platinum again instead

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

drill dozer was cool they should make another onea those

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Mummy Napkin posted:

2.) Halo Infinite - Heroic

3.) resident evil 4 - very normal

Last time I played re4 was circus 2005 and it still kicks rear end

circus

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

DSP: I last played, uh last played resident evil 4 circus 2005.

i would argue it still kicks rear end.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

pokemon legends arceus

good in all the ways youve already heard. i hope they use this as a base going forward because i already see a million little ways they could improve on it and make it Epic

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

b_d posted:

dude you need to play kirby super star immediately. and planet robobot. in that order.

this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

it rules how overpowered you can get in bloodstained

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1459093416076136449

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

John Romero posted:

is bloodstained good on switch yet

nope still poo poo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

sourdough posted:

It takes forever to load but otherwise is ok

constantly crashing and looking like poo poo even when its not throwing up straight up graphical errors is really stretching the definition of ok

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

sourdough posted:

I haven't had any crashing but also stopped playing pretty early cause everytime I died to a boss it took like a minute to load a save

i had to save before talking to any npc because it was basically a 50/50 on whether or not it would crash. there were a couple of times i forgot and lost like an hour of progress for daring to check the shop. if i was extra lucky the only thing it would do is this

like honestly i think the switch version should be actually illegal to sell. the nicest thing you can say about it is that it's technically beatable

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

delta episode pwns

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

not a game beat since ive already done so multiple times but due to previous chat in the thread i just spent a few hours blasting thru bloodstained nightmare mode 100% at extremely high speeds obliterating all enemies. thank u imp zone

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1495585799898681344

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i wouldnt go so far to say sa1 is a good or well constructed video game but i still love it. sa2 is really bad though lol especially going back to it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

hypnospace outlaw but on the switch this time. i played on pc before the big patch came out so i hadnt seen much of the new stuff that got added until now. its all great, game is still incredible. cant recommend it enough

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elden ring

incredible

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Person 2.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

kirby and the forgotten land. still more to do obviously, its a kirby game, but man this game owns. i've come to accept that there will probably never be another kirby finale as strong as robobot for me but this one was pretty close. might be recency bias talking but i think forgotten land is right under superstar and planet robobot in the kirby rankings

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Frenz posted:

Majora's Mask 3D - kind of hard to play on a tiny screen with the tiny thumb stick at times. The dungeons are mostly good but the bosses are bad except for the first and last one. I didn't collect all the jinjo fairies or do any side-quests (I deal with too many npc's in real life.)

fail

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Wario Land 3

:barf:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

2 is one of the best platformers of all time and 3 is a travesty. 4's cool. ive typed this sentence maybe 1milllion times in imp zpone

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i DIDNT post my other wario opinions because iwas so disgusted about 3 wario land 1 is cool but a little stiff and virtual boy wario land is cool and shake it is a pretty looking but mediocre version of 4. thank u

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

stranger of paradise: final fantasy origin

looks and runs like poo poo but the combat is fun and it's very stupid which is all i really wanted from it. i kind of want more? like i ended up actually kinda liking the jack dipshit squad and how it all wrapped up at the end. i want more jack

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the stanley parable ultra deluxe

extremely good. i don't wanna say anything that happens in it because spoilers

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

xenoblade definitive edition. went out of my way to do mostly everything. still great a decade later. gonna wrap back around and do future connected after im done with xeno2 replay and torna

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

"Tomba!" for the ps1, 100% quests. controls could be a little tighter and some of the objectives are too obtuse but i still love this game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the best part of that version is they realized their big end of game plot twist was extremely stupid so they just unceremoniously removed all of it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

if u stop astro boy at first credits u didnt beat the game. simple as

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country. did everything but 3 of the superbosses. cool game. story isn't anything amazing, end was good though. nice refinement on regular xenoblade 2's gameplay and the small scope makes 100%ing it not something an insane person would do

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner M∀RS

game itself still rules obviously but the vr mode is very half baked. they barely did any work on it, it plays just like you're playing it regular. glorified first person mode

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

live a live

fantastic remake of an already good game. keeps most of the content identical but makes a bunch of smart improvements around the edges to make the whole thing just play better, and looks and sounds beautiful. a must play for jrpg gamers. even if you've already played the original

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

wonderful 101 is a god tier game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

xenoblade chronicles 3

i am going to miss this series very much

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

i was looking through my switch library the other day and realized i own bloodstained on it and never launched it once

it's an impossibly bad port even with the years of work theyve done

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i played kh1 chain of memories and kh2 when they came out and disliked kh2 so much that i never touched another game in the series again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

splatoon 3 single player (100%)

maybe not as good as octo expansion, but still the second best campaign the series has had. can't wait to see what they do with the dlc expansion, if it's as big of a leap as base splatoon 2 to octo expansion it's gonna be wild. anyway time to play multiplayer for like 300 hours