Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors
  3. SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
  4. Elden Ring
  5. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  7. Shadow Complex Remastered

2/5. Setting - S Tier, Characters - A Tier, Story - D tier. Everything was working for me in this game until the final chapter. That seems to be a pattern in Dontnod games.. everything is great until the final act. And since this game only has 3 parts it has that much more effect on the overall score. If they just removed all the fairytale stuff and kept it rooted in reality this could've been incredible.

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i hurt my back moving my CRT last time lol :corsair:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

think I told this story but we moved over the pandemic and when we got to our house i searched facebook market and found a 32 inch sony wega CRT and when picking it up I caused like... thousands of dollars of damage to my girlfriends car trying to get it in the backseat. She got so pissed off lmfao. I bent the door, scratched the car and the seats got all hosed up, and the guy helping me carry it got a hernia. Overall it was worth it lol

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

steamworld dig. cute little game, worth the like buck i spent on it

wait til you play the sequel

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

The sequel is legitimately great. I'm probably at that "been so long since I've played it I've forgotten everything" stage where I'll go back and replay it soon.

Just did the same thing with Yoku's Island last year and it was just as great as I remembered.

it may be the perfect Metroidvania imo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

BTW https://ggapp.io/ is a cool site to keep track of your games. I like it more than backloggery since it's easy to make custom lists like "Games Beat" etc. I've been using it the past few years since it was unsure whether this site would fall into the grasp of satan himself but I continue to use it because I like it

https://ggapp.io/synthy add me from here, i think

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

That's also something I didn't bother with. I'm just using to for 2020 and onward. If I went back and tried to catalog the play status of every game I've ever played it would be a mess.

As such right now my 100% completed list is majority Picross games.

yeah I'm not adding every game I've ever played because that's impossible to remember

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i will be adding everyone when i get home to the computer

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

https://ggapp.io/knuc

Had the chance to play around and add everyone. I like how simple this site is and the list feature is cool.

i like looking back at the previous years games beat lists as a visual

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I only do follow 4 follow.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lady Radia posted:

gat drat sekiro is kicking my rear end. feel like i'm not even at the first boss (beat a few generals and the..ogre dude?) and im struggling so much on the lil mini dudes, the lil babbies. am i supposed to go further into the Harata(sp?) estate, or gently caress up more of the Ashina Castle?

this is standard for sekiro lol. the ogre guy has some hosed up animations that can murk you instantly.. but the Hirata Estate is the best spot to farm xp/money in the early game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

That's legitly the main reason I play it for 3 hours every 6 months.

I play it for 4 hours every 5 months.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is standard for sekiro lol. the ogre guy has some hosed up animations that can murk you instantly.. but the Hirata Estate is the best spot to farm xp/money in the early game

Just saw that you said you already beat the ogre, so my bad. In my defense I was extremely wasted last night.

Hirata Estate is still a good option, however.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mbt posted:

I liked hocus pocus. I begged my parents for the full game and they bought me Mystic Towers instead lol.

me too. they've been filming the sequel around here for the past couple of months

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nobody liked my joke because i didn't put a period at the end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lady Radia posted:

thanks for the advice all! stocked up on pellets and diving back to the estate now, i took a bit of time beating up parts of ashina to feel more comfortable with wolf too. i platinum'd bloodborne, i can handle this*!!!

*might eat these words

in my experience the difficulty in sekiro eventually plateaus and then even gets a bit easier the more you upgrade/find new items. so you can definitely do it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

like you will absolutely still hit stone walls against bosses, but just navigating the world becomes much easier

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Tell Me Why

2/5. Setting - S Tier, Characters - A Tier, Story - D tier. Everything was working for me in this game until the final chapter. That seems to be a pattern in Dontnod games.. everything is great until the final act. And since this game only has 3 parts it has that much more effect on the overall score. If they just removed all the fairytale stuff and kept it rooted in reality this could've been incredible.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

still head & shoulders above Life is Strange 2, however

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lady Radia posted:

finally beat Sekiro!! jfc that was so good the whole way through, what an absolute gem of a game

goongrats

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My cousin's copy of Wheel of Fortune NES was jet black instead of the classic grey. I thought nothing of it until I powered it on and heard the theme song. It was hacked and downtuned by at least 40%. Ever since then I freak out like rainman whenever I hear it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hyper Realistic SNES Pat Sajak annunciating "O.J. Simpson" perfectly.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tebow the Fail rear end Quarterback developed by TB12 Studios

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmfdao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

i did gwent too - i'm gonna have to check my hours clocked now.

I think mine was around 250 hours, all Gwent as well

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

its so drat good, i'm hyped as hell for 2

As long as it has perma stat boosts & cooking it's gonna be epic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

Even getting all achieves there's so much I didn't touch, like getting the no hit medals or nightmare mode or doing the extra campaigns, just an absurd amount of high quality content.

my main goal was to cook every food, max as much stats as possible, and get the 1h sword that hits like 11x a second

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

finally getting all fish and all owls, logging onto impzone to post the game beat and Larry's boss music starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0WzayKjk8&t=31s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgb1ZgJoydA

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video

Easily my proudest gaming achievement.

pog pogChamp widepeepocry :tb12:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors

Good rear end newgrounds style game. Beat all the levels, unlocked all the characters, etc. I'll keep playing if they keep adding poo poo. 4/5

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors

Enjoyed my replay of this more than I thought I would. It was fun using different strats instead of stubbornly sticking to one team/deck

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

loudly proclaiming "These NPCs are cringe." at 2am to myself

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors
  4. Elden Ring

Forgot to post when I beat Elden Ring. It's a 5/5, nothing more to say since everyone knows.

Wrapped up my D3 Witch Doctor run at lvl69. It was really fun, gonna get him to 70 in adventure mode then swap to Xenoblade 2.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mamkute posted:

22. Avatar for the Xbox 360 (Na'vi Ending, Max Avatar Level)

https://i.imgur.com/LqACDlR.mp4

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors
  4. Elden Ring
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

4/5. Gacha mechanics sucked rear end, party AI was full on retarded (never combo toppled/launched/smashed anyone), also no reason to control anyone outside of Rex for these reasons.

XC1 party members at least had different ways of playing, which made it feel fresh when you swapped. In this game, everyone is the same boring rear end driver who will never realize an enemy is Toppled. You're kinda pigeon holed into being Rex forever, if you want to do the epic combos.

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 28, 2022

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kongming posted:

You're right about needing to be Rex all the time but I have vague recollection of Tora's AI being able to combo, or at least being the only character besides Rex that can reliably do Topple, Launch, Smash all by himself. The problem is by the end of the game Pyra/Mythra are so unbelievably OP that you would be a fool to not use Rex. I wanted to have Zeke in my group but since Nia is a requirement for heals and Zeke isn't a tank the only one you can really replace is Rex and it's just not worth the time and is actively detrimental if you want to fight some of the endgame unique monsters.

Yeah, unfortunately I had to bench Tora due to the nature of Poppi's upgrades. The minigame is fine as a minigame, but being a necessity to make her stronger was a mistake imo. Still one of the best characters in the game tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tmfc posted:

get in there, major!!

finally updated my GG app and it's pitiful. I haven't beaten hardly anything since Elden Ring.

idk it quoted that but i;m leaving it in.

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 18, 2022