Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

i will play Elden Ring to completion, repeatedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Final Fantasy VII (original). My first time with the game, not counting a couple aborted attempts over the last few years that never got too far past leaving Midgar. I don’t have much FF experience (I played the 1+2 GBA ports way back in the day but don’t remember whether or not I beat either of them, and beat XV a couple years back, and I think that’s it) and this is such an iconic game that I figured I needed to play it at some point. I liked it a lot, the active battle thing took some getting used to but once it clicked with me I enjoyed it a lot, and I really liked most of the characters and the story. I totally understand why the game has the reputation that it does and its got me rally excited to play further in the series.

nice. cant wait to try it myself

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

1. dungeon encounters. game owns. just pure jrpg dungeon crawl. dying is excruciating and enemies can really gently caress you up so youre always on your toes.

more weird little projects like this from square please

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Between this and the two Voice of Cards games within like 6 months it seems like square Enix is starting to make a habit of just throwing some pocket change at a creator to make a cool little low-budget project, I hope other companies start following suit

wtf i didnt even know there was another voice of cards and its already out lmao. 2022 is jrpg paradise

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mamkute posted:

7. Tales of Arise (Normal, Meneiys Defeated, All Fish, All Owls, Grand Gnome Defeated, Procella Sylph Defeated)

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

goddamnit. we keep telling larry not to post in the gray forums!!

finally getting all fish and all owls, logging onto impzone to post the game beat and Larry's boss music starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0WzayKjk8&t=31s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video

Easily my proudest gaming achievement.

god drat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kirby and the forgotten land, 'postgame' beat.

it feels weird to say because kirby is one of nintendo's strongest franchises but this is the best kirby game. if elden ring didn't come out this year this would handily be my goty, wonderful game that everyone should play

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

The good stuff:
- Lots of cool interviews and unlockables and secret missions

10/10

i really miss this kind of stuff in videogames. there was a ton of behind the scenes stuff in games like this and rogue squadron. in one of the lotr ps2 games there was an interview with ian mckellen where he admits he cant handle the concept of two analog sticks so he hasn't played much lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

11. Dragon Quest VIII. One of the all time greatest.

great game. are you gonna do the postgame stuff?

i remember 8s being especially crazy. that dragon sent me back to the metal slime mine a few times, real motherfucker

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DQXI: final boss beat on stronger monsters w the barrier on. It took kerplunks and everyone stocked up on revives but I did it. wonderful game

calasmos getting a color swap on hard mode was a nice touch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

titanfall 2. great game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

Did you have issues getting the audio to work?

nope! plays best on the X, smooth all the way through. was shocked to immediately get into a multiplayer match but im not gonna get into a whole other multi game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

death's door. great action game with heavy zelda influence, short and sweet

gradually upgrading the player to be a little stronger and faster is kinda uninspired and feels as lame as it sounds, but this doesnt ruin how good it is. Tight combat, awesome art, and overall really good design. in a lot of ways it felt like hyperlight drifter 2 lol and the entire second area is an homage to the east zone in that. if its sitting there on gamepass or on sale def try it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Dead Space 3 (Co-Op. Hard mode.): i was prepared for this to be like a 6 hour long game and it turned out to be a 17 hour monstrosity. it was a blur because it feels so samey, but when i think back on it they really tried, theres a lot of scenarios and set pieces and moments and unique poo poo, but the experience of having played this feels like a weird continuum of blandness. It was not bad, far from it, but it certainly wasnt good, and the story is a loving disaster with a stupid rear end love triangle thrown in the middle, and due to EA's meddling a lot of poo poo didnt make the cut, they added microtransactions, and to replace an old concept for the coop where Isaac would have imagined a person, they put in Sgt. John Carver. They do some cool things where one player sees things the other doesnt, and theres even a genuinely fantastic gag in one of the side missions involving this hallucination gimmick, but they dont really get to do much with it due to budget and time restraints. The crafting system lets you make hysterically overpowered poo poo, but its a bit too fiddly and at the same time, once you power up a weapon you dont really have any incentive to branch out, and even then the game was piss easy, with us either dying to set piece things due to latency, or blindsided by a dude two shotting you. Hell, my inventory at the end of the game was 138 medium health packs.

overall, a sad gravestone to a studio and franchise that were so promising. id probably rate this a 5 or a 6 if i were numbering it. What a goddamn shame

it sucks so much. gently caress EA. the first 2 games own a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mario sunshine. full of bizarre ideas and pretty high difficulty levels for 3d mario. good and weird.

Im a chuckster!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bowser's fury. cute pack of extra 3dworld levels with some fun new stuff. i want mario odyssey/3dworld 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

it’s difficulty can be just from bad mechanics but the void levels without fludd are some of the most satisfying challenges in gaming.

theyre the best part and im glad galaxy 2 and 3dworld are just whole games of those levels

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Doug's Big Game (102%, All Honker Burgers collected, Patti marries Skeeter ending)

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

godlike

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

P-Mack posted:

The story kinda pushes you towards nonlethal cause 95% of the enemies are just random security guards who have nothing to do with the bad guy's conspiracy. But yeah gameplay wise the nonlethal toolbox is like a quarter the size of the lethal one so I dunno why they set it up that way

they give you a deathmask, a sword and a crossbow and then nag you for killing people. like the only fault in dishonored 1 but it's a big stupid one

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i never finished 2 bcause yobgoblin tricked me into gettin it for free from him nd then bugged me non-stop about how good drugs feel whenever i played it

lmfao

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I borrowed Blue and a Gameboy from my cousin (he let me borrow Yellow later but only once because that’s the one he said I shoved in my rear end) so I would stay up all night naked on the toilet pretending I was making GBS threads to beat that rear end.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dragonquest 1 baby.

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

the DLCs are very fun, the last boss of eternal sucked loving rear end

giving the player a superweapon to easily shred through hordes of every enemy for the final level >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any boss fight

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

thats why the final level of rage is so good

how to end an FPS
good idea:

bad idea:

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Turn your copy of Bloodborne off or angle your unpowered monitor’s screen away from the one connected to the PlayStation, young man. :smugbird:

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Beat pillars of eternity 1 for the first time after beating pentiment and being really impressed. That’s it for games beat this year I think.

hope you play 2 if you liked 1, its much better imo.

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Omori. sobbed at the end. great game

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I purchased it immediately.

lets loving go

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kotor1. this game is rear end lol. every planet is just a hub of 6 hallways that lead to the various objectives. writing is very stiff and basic. every dungeon is the same.

the mechanics are mostly Star Wars themed DnD so the combat is fun, but the difficulty is all over the place. at one point the game threw Darth Brandon at me who could lock my whole team with insanity and oneshot us, I had to glitch out of the area and go level up elsewhere. i didnt like any of the party members or really any character at all.

im amazed this is as revered as it is while Kotor2 is hated when that game has like, environments instead of hallways and Kreia. terribly disappointed in this lmao

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Halo 2: this game is a billion times better than halo 1 its unreal. more varied environments, more detailed graphics, arenas that dont repeat, very little copypasting even if high charity at times felt a bit samey, vehicles feel better, more weapons, more stakes in the story, more music, and the sword is the best kind of weapon, one that works as a mobility tool. using the lunge to jump back to a higher tier of an arena felt great

unfortunately the brutes are unbearable to fight and the latter half of the game is littered with thousands of the fuckers, but overall, i could see myself maybe a year or so down the line replaying this, while you would have to hold me at gunpoint to replay halo 1 and even then id take my chances with the gun jamming. i cant believe im saying this, but this contard shooter is good

halo ftw. 2 is really great until Brutes became the main enemy when they should be used sparingly as minibosses. just have way too much hp

----------------