Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probably not gonna use it again. But reserved nonetheless.

1. 1/2 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (1/7 100%)
2.1 1/4 Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. GrEE
2.2 1/18 Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. PaWr
2.3 2/11 Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. DrCj
3. 1/21 Wizards and Warriors
4. 1/28 Axelay (Easy, 6 continues)
5. 2/6 Pocky & Rocky 2
6. 2/15 Code Name: Viper (Easy)
7. 2/17 Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (Jp)
8. 2/18 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (100%)
9. 2/19 Know by Heart...
10. 2/26 Chrono Trigger
11. 3/18 Demon's Souls
12. 5/6 Tametsi
13. 5/9 Dark Cloud
14. 5/13 Elden Ring
15. 5/20 Gorogoa
16. 5/27 Wario World
17. 6/4 Final Fantasy 6
18.1 6/10 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
18.2 7/20 Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Revengeance Difficulty)
19. 6/16 Kirby and the Forgotten Land
20. 6/25 The Looker
21. 6/30 Geneforge: Mutagen
22. 7/8 Super Mario Bros. (1cc)
23. 7/8 10-Yard Fight
24. 7/11 Clu Clu Land
25. 7/17 Final Fight (SNES)
26. 7/19 Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!
27. 7/23 Uniracers
28. 7/30 Soul Blazer
29. 7/31 Top Gear 2 (SNES)
30. 8/1 Gun Mute
31. 9/4 Yakuza 5 (100%)
32. 9/5 Slay the Spire (First heart kill, Ironclad, A1)
32.2 9/9 Slay the Spire (First Silent heart kill, A2)
32.3 9/10 Slay the Spire (First Watcher heart kill, A2)
32.4 (uh, some day) Slay the Spire (First Defect heart kill, A1)
33. 10/9 Pilot Wings
34. 10/15 Gradius III (SNES, Normal, 1cc)
35. 10/22 SimCity (SNES, Easy, Build a Megalopolis)
36. 10/22 The Chessmaster (SNES, beat the Chessmaster)
37. 10/23 HyperZone
38. 10/28 Typing of the Dead
39. 10/29 Ape Escape 2
40. 10/29 Visage
41. 11/5 Ico
42. 11/15 Pokemon Red
43. 12/21 The Witcher 2
44. 12/31 Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
1/2: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Classic poo poo. I was disappointed in how the time loop gimmick only gets used properly in clock town, and is basically just a time limit in the outer four areas. I probably would have beaten this yesterday if it wasn't for closing without saving after doing an entire dungeon twice. Stone Tower is probably my favourite N64 Zelda dungeon. Gyorg was a bad boss. Fantastic game overall.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

heehee posted:

you gonna 100% it?

Yes.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
1/4 Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. GrEE

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

[1]Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (PC) 1/6/22

one of the absolute best games ever made, and it's free. It's literally a perfect game. 10/10

Congrats dude

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

1/2: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Classic poo poo. I was disappointed in how the time loop gimmick only gets used properly in clock town, and is basically just a time limit in the outer four areas. I probably would have beaten this yesterday if it wasn't for closing without saving after doing an entire dungeon twice. Stone Tower is probably my favourite N64 Zelda dungeon. Gyorg was a bad boss. Fantastic game overall.

Now 100%

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

heehee posted:

hell yea. don't feel like looking are you doing all of em or was this a one off

one off

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The ideal playing order is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and then 15, because that's the order numbers go.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup - Palentonga Warper

Probably the most stressful character in a while. I basically never felt safe until right up at the end when I found some insanely sick plate mail. Manifold Assault is really cool and it's going to take me a while to remember that not every character I play afterwards can hit four dudes no matter where they are on screen.

e: realizing i kind of hate the large races. sucks to have lovely defences right up until the very end of the game when you get sick loot.

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 18, 2022

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Wizards and Warriors

Cool game. NES games were a bit before my time and I've never really engaged with them beyond the classics, so it was cool to get play one that fell into the "good, but not great" category. The animations surprised me with how good they looked, and I really enjoyed the platforming. The combat was bad; I never really figured out where, exactly, my sword's hitbox was, and if there was a cool down, and why sometimes I jumped and hurt the enemies and sometimes I jumped and they hurt me. The music, especially the "your health is critical" music, was made to drive me insane. The final boss was bad.

The powerups were really cool, and I feel like with a slight refocus this would have been considered a cult classic Metroidvania gem.

I'm not going to get the second challenge.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

It fills up the entire screen for any conversation with her

Miranda's rear end has moved closer to the screen.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

no one can stop me from playing nes wheel of fortune

Someone with a gun probably could

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Axelay. Easy, 6 continues. I don't want to hear it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

5. Batman: Arkham Asylum (Normal, 98% Completion)

C'mon Mamkute. 98?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mamkute posted:

5+ Batman: Arkham Asylum (100% Completion)

Thank you

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

DSP: I last played, uh last played resident evil 4 circus 2005.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

sourdough posted:

Sekiro (immortal severance ending): I'd played through roughly the first half of it before but felt like I never really got the combat and was really struggling. I came back to it about 10 days ago and it immediately clicked. None of the bosses were too rough this time except corrupted monk final phase killing me like 10 times and the final boss like 40. Absolutely epic game.

Congrats, gamer.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

herculon posted:

Pocky & Rocky 2

This

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
T'was beauty... that married the beast. *bridal march plays*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Code Name: Viper (easy, roughly ten billion continues)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Chode Game: Wiper

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (Jp version)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (100%)

First time playing this. I had a good time with it. Some of the zones and areas were incredibly beautiful and creative; everything about the Lanayru desert in particular blew me away. The switch controls are okay. The gyro works well enough for swinging the sword, but pointing or aiming at the screen like one would with a wiimote never felt good. There were still a number of bad things. For a big set piece boss that you fight three times, the Imprisoned sucked. They were fond of putting moblins with steel shields on narrow bridges, which sounds like a fine encounter, except most of the time they would just push link off the edge using their massive model. Getting the hero's song from the dragons felt super perfunctory after having spent the last 10 hours or so forging the master sword. Fi is Link's worst companion.

8.5/10

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Know by Heart...

Nice enough. Pretty, good music. Interesting story, though hardly engaging as a game. Crashed like, 2 or 3 times when transitioning to the next scene.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Grand Gnome Defeated

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Chrono Trigger

It's cool. Surprised that it was only 20-ish hours; I was expecting something way longer. I particularly enjoyed the combat; I found it surprisingly frenetic for a jrpg. Going in to the game I had assumed that the double/triple techniques were special super powers like pep powers in DQXI, so I was happily surprised by how often I got to use the combination attacks.

My final party was Crono / Frog / Lucca, chosen because they were my favourite characters. I got the "Beyond Time" ending.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

But did you do the Black Omen 3 times?!

No. I'm not Mamkute.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tmfc posted:

go for the dev ending it's cute and gratifying and it's not THAT difficult you just need to level Crono up a bit and play smart

i was so loving stoked when i got it as a kid

I'm going to play Elden Ring.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video

Easily my proudest gaming achievement.

Congrats dude. That's awesome.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wormskull posted:

“Finished” inside of John Romero’s of age, alive, consentual mom’s of age pussy last night.

Lol at saying of age twice

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)

this game is really cool. its like an old gangster movie adventure game set in the prohibition era and its mostly pointing and clicking dialog options but theres numerous different scenes that play depending on your choices and the stuff you've already done, it's very interesting stuff for 1987. never played anything quite like it. im probably going to run thru it a few more times

you should check out the mac version

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

why is tyhat funny

1. joke looks like a diaper

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Lmao that this is straight faced advice to read through the Before I Play Wiki so you know how to properly unlock the Bernie Ending.

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Demon's Souls (original version, emulated)

I played through this about 4 years ago and was really impressed by how far the emulation has come. They've managed to faithfully emulate the online stuff too, which was really cool to play through. Fromsoft never made a better undead zone than the shrine of storms.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Kill your wife and kids, play out of the back of your car hooked until you die of cancer.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

I would simply point a gun at my TV until the PS Store gave up the goods. Or else.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Tametsi

Minecraft, except with the gimmick that every problem can be logically deduced without guessing. Played it when pretending to pay attention to other things and finished the last puzzle today.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ArfJason posted:

minecraft is abotu making brown bricks not finding mines in a grid

Minesweeper. Oops.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Dark Cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Elden Ring

It's hard for me to talk about how I feel about this game without sounding like a total rear end in a top hat, but suffice to say I loved it. I've got a bunch of nitpicks but barring a miracle it's absolutely my GOTY.