Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mysterious loyall X posted:

i wont update this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

That Little Demon posted:

[1]Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (PC) 1/6/22

one of the absolute best games ever made, and it's free. It's literally a perfect game. 10/10

Well done.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I always just used THUNDER until I got to a boss without 24 energy or w/e, then I turned the NES off.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Wizards & Warriors (NES)

I think I used four continues? I wish I'd known about the feather in level 2 back in the day so I could've beat it then, instead of dying 300 times in level 3 waiting for a blue potion to spawn. Now I want to try Ironsword again but I know I won't beat it.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

the feather in level 2 is the most bullshit part of the game IMO. that you basically need it for level 3 means you're either going to die a bunch trying to get a blue potion drop in level 3 or die a bunch getting the potion that actually lets you reach the feather. i think they made a mistake and put the platform a little too far.

If they'd just put a guaranteed potion spawn nearby, even if it was almost unreasonably far away like the feather one, I'd be okay with it, but having to rely on random drops really sucks. I think it was intentional, they force you to farm gems in the last level so clearly they hated their players.

I was so confused but also elated when I tried that jump expecting to fall and found myself over the slope lol. I'd thought for years that the potion/impossible bubble jump were the only ways to get that key.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bloodstained ftmfw

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Pocky & Rocky 2
Ninja Ryuuken Den III - Yomi no Hakobune

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 5

Whew

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video

Easily my proudest gaming achievement.

Dang.

elf help book posted:

amazing job

shut the gently caress up
Lol.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Fantastic.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

you going right on to LaD or stopping for Judgement along the way?

Straight to LaD, couldn't wait anymore. I'll circle back to judgement eventually but taking a Yakuza break for a bit after.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

I got the tude now posted:

looking at the bombers notebook

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I deal with NPCs everyday irl.

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Maybe my favorite in the series.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

I got the tude now posted:

Fungah playing a SaGa game:

Me playing a SaGa game:

Same (the dumb one).

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

Not bad, quick lil SotN-like.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (True Final Millennium Tower)

That was excessive.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Nobody Saves the World

Story was some newgrounds crap but the core loop of levelling and unlocking forms was fun as hell. I wish they didn't lock form quest progress in the main dungeons, especially when there's already two hard caps until you're past certain points in the story, but, forgiven. 4/5

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Tunic

Very good until the plot twist, at which point combat and navigation get even more frustrating. Last puzzle was cool. 3/5

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I think Deadlight killed Summer of Arcade along with Tony Hawk HD and Wreckateer.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Ace Attorney: Justice for All

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

Wario World

It's probably the second best 6th gen platformer, but that's incredibly faint praise.

Congrats to Toejam & Earl III: Mission to Earth for remaining king.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Shadow of the Colossus Remake (plat)

Took me a week to beat it, a month to clear Colossus #3's time trials, and a year+ of occasionally grinding out the first two colossi to max out stamina. Some people allegedly didn't like this but I didn't really notice anything different from the earlier versions, still the king of games. 5/5

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

elf help book posted:

tokimemo ftw

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy IV Advance (100% Bestiary, all summons)

I'd never completed the bonus dungeon before so I figured what the hell. Probably the worst version of the game thanks to all the bugs. The ATB is completely messed up, inputs in battle are sometimes just ignored, and something's wrong with the RNG behind enemy encounters - you need to fight a minimum of 30 battles in any given area to run into everything, which makes completing the bestiary a pain. Supposedly these are fixed in the PSP version so maybe I'll check that out without the sirens after I play TAY.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mysterious loyall X posted:

lets go ceodore AND brandon :smugbird:

gently caress yeah

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yeah I gave up on 100% Asylum on Rumble Extreme, lousy titans. Still felt like a badass after 3 starring the electric floor one.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

EmmyOk posted:

It was really difficult, ended up having a nuts first and second rounds somehow and was easy enough to land the plane after that.

Kickass.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Legend of the Ghost Lion

Dragon Quest clone with a couple of twists, you level up by finding fragments of "hope" in chests, and use various relics to summon spirits to fight with you in battle. Unfortunately battle is a huge pain in the rear end the whole game long...enemies easily dodge your attacks while never missing themselves, which results in you having to summon 3 or more helpers in every single combat just to stay alive. Combined with the horribly slow walking speed, high encounter rate, and the inability to reliably run from battle (I had multiple deaths trying to escape battles that I started with full health), the gameplay wears thin long before the end. The money penalty on death is pretty pointless too - with short dungeons and no experience points to speak of, you're nearly always better off just resetting. Some neat ideas in this one but ultimately disappointing. 2/5

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Astro Boy: Omega Factor (good ending)

Fun times, 4/5

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I want to play Gaia again, and soul blazer/terranigma for the first time, and 500 other games.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Congratulations Mamkute *looks at username* what the

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (100%, Mei Ling unlocked)
Metal Gear (Deer)
Metal Gear 2 (also Deer)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

ArfJason posted:

raiden ftw.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Pigeon)
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel (Tarantula)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (Doberman)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy VII Remake

Battle system was neat and the whole presentation kicked rear end. Only real complaint is too much padding but they weren't going to release a 20 hour game so eh. 4/5

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Frenz posted:

Castlevania Symphony of the Night: Replayed this after beating all the classic Castlevania games and I don't like it at as much.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 5 (100%)

:eyepop:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kingdom Hearts Re:Tarded

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Sam Barlow's Immortality

Presumably there's another 500 scenes to unlock but credits rolled and I'm sick of getting sent to the same wrap party over and over again. I liked it better than Her Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Artful Escape

Pretty fun game pass adventure, run through trippy alien worlds and listen to guitar solos for three hours.