Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I was playing with the VR headset yesterday and found a no frills video player that just threw a big rear end screen in front of me in pitch black that could be tilted up and down.

I threw on Eva 2.2222 for fun and ended up watching the whole drat movie because it was the closest thing to being in a theatre I've had in a while.

Highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OneDeadman posted:

hosed up that Sony won't let Kaneko make another Wild Arms, so he has to go back to Symphogear to put their next Wild Arms story out.
First wild arms. Then thousand arm. What next, million arms?

Answer : yes, a million arms playing a billion notes to reach the heavens

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 6, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's a new year, who knows who will be top 10. Maybe even... you!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
why isn't there a digital download of the Switch US Super Robot Whores?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Waffleman_ posted:

And as much as I liked the movie, I think animation could better behoove it.
Yeah but Paul Robertson ain't gonna do a whole animated series :(

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Weird half-asleep question.... did the Sage in Bashined from the Hero's Party basically go bugfuck crazy because he was denied his blessings role of supporting the hero?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Space Flower posted:

let's get the real classics for 13yo boys in here like
Those 13 year olds are like 32 this year lol

We all know the 13 year old are into poo poo like "Oh My Horny! The Quiet Childhood Friend that Teases Me and Sleeps Over Might be Hot!"
And Fortnite

Elephant Parade posted:

rosario + vampire? rosario ÷ vampire??

Rosario (PEMDAS) Vampire

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Rosario - (-Vampire)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Should I go through the trouble of watching the original LoGH or is Die Neue These close enough???

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I can finally retire on my immense Catgirl holdings!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I Got Sent To Another World But I’m Filthy And Smell Like Garbage?!
Reborn as the Lead in a Harem Romcom: HELP I JUST WANT TO gently caress

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Colonel posted:

a poster in this thread thought boys could get pregnant
I have some news for you about the current state of gender dynamics in society, friend.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Colonel posted:

nowhere in these posts did i ask you of all people to try to school me about what gender means
Decidedly unchill vibe, bro :(

VvV
I do in other threads all the time. You can always put me on ignore if my posts are so bad tho. :3:

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 15, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Grouchio posted:

What the hell did I miss over the weekend?
Baal had a meltdown and banned himself because someone from fyad said "uuuwuuuuuu" in the VRchan thread.

Also Nichijou season X revival

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Julias posted:

Not a new TV season, the nichijou manga is coming back.
I remain convinced that I can retire my "X Days without New Nichijo Anime" scoreboard within 4 years. Or so.

And yeah, I'm busting Baal's balls a bit. Someone threw cooking wine and water into the simmering pan and they were there to catch the fallout from it.

Julias posted:

Some day I'll watch k-on and haruhi....someday....
I'd be really interested in what a modern Haruhi watch would look like. Just being removed from the immediate mania and oddity of it and all.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

homeless snail posted:

duke torgo isn't in this generation, unfortunately
Togo would be a pretty impressive tuber gimmick.

Just sitting there with the same gruff expression. Waiting to strike...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Terminal autist posted:

Trying to think about who would be the target audience for dude vtubers and just coming away baffled
Isn't Corpse Husband pretty popular in the states because of his growly voice?

Maybe not the same I guess.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yup. All of your homies are basically dead. And you have to live w/survivors guilt after the time skip, which doesn't even matter that much cos all Noctis can think about are his times with the homies.
Uh... spoilers I guess but the first Low Point happens after Iggy gets blinded. That's when Gladiolus chews Noct out for being an indecisive bishie hero.

Then they assault a stronghold and Noctis gets sucked into the crystal for 10-15 years to prepare him for being the standard bearer/sacrifice. when you awaken your buds are alive but clearly a bit fractured as they've been breaking their backs trying to keep the last outposts of humanity alive. Iggy never regained his sight but it seemed hinted that he could make out rough shapes or light/dark. feelings of Noctis abandoning them get swept aside because they're just happy he's alive. Noctis is too discombobulated to wallow in the depths.

you don't really meet up with the extended cast aside from a few phone calls from Cindy. you get to choose a photo before going off to your fate and the post-game credits have the scene with the group together where Noctis has accepted his fate but is bummed that he'll leave them again.

And yeah, the Ignis DLC gives you an alternate ending path that is way more happy sunshine badguy loses, but maybe less thematically satisfying.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wtf is a Wakanim? Is that like the Shakira song???

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Get me universal Spanish Dubs and Crunchy will become as a God unto men

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh you don't know about Johhni Harmonex? Epic guitarman who channeled the spirit of fire when he played his sick chords? Or Burns Corbean, the surly iconoclast slacker who redefined Rock Out music and wore cardigan-flannels to every show?

No, sir, I don't believe I am in the Wondees drive-trhough why do you ask??

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Waffleman_ posted:

Motorcycles are cool but that doesn't make the episode where the girls were nearly molested by their teacher followed immediately by a scene of them washing their bikes with cheesecake camera angles good
Oh, did they do a remake of GTO already?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I dropped off of I Am A Hero when the narrative focus shifted to another group and then kind of got lost.

It was also kind of icky (yet true to life) how the channels came up with Zomslur as a catch-all and also affected my enjoyment at the time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I would hope everyone polishes their posting apparatus so lovingly

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Imagine thinking you could like both and not having to be a wild maniac proselytizing the supremacy of your preference.

Sick bastard.

I'm surprised ":smug: oh, I'm sorry, I prefer the raw Japanese to either, heh" isn't more pronounced.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What kind of a loving idiot doesn't love Megas XLR?

Someone with bad opinions, that's who.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
4th Vagina called and left a message, Elpizio.

"Ah, yes, Loid Forger... meet your orientation guide Lyar Poleigraff! "

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Welcome Baal, to their third round of Modship! Surely this time...

Honestly kind of funny people get asked and run away screaming. The power of the VTuber is strong.

VvV
True. I jest but VTube stuff is a natural Flashpoint for people that look at anime and think it's all weird rear end poo poo.

Honestly I think the main issue is trying to advocate for the forum and its user base and getting shut out wrt other administrators. Sounds like a complete and utter headache.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 14, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So this it what it's like when doves cry :cry:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I remembered Utena is on Crunchy and watched the first episode again-- 1st time hearing the JPN voices.

This isn't the Blu Ray scan is it? Seems like it has a lot of film grain.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

StandardVC10 posted:

Huh, it is, how about that. I watched the whole thing when Nozomi Entertainment had it hosted on YouTube. Quality wasn't great there either so maybe that's all you can get.
Hell, same ish. I caught a few on YT a whiiiiile back, but I think I watched the whole series on the defunct Manga app on my TV.

I can't believe that would be the best quality, given that the 25th anniversary box set came out a while back. But maybe they just shat everything out to a blu without doing a proper remaster :(

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No Gods,, No Mods, Only IKs in this Paradise

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Has there ever been a hotsprings bit where it’s the ladies trying to hornily sneak a peek at the men
Probably like Kanojo to Kanojo? Shimoneta?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Are you kidding me.

that's how the Chunibyo movie ends?! :negative:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The post credits scene is heartwarming but man, what a swerve.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm sure some nerd who stumbled into marriage and children is buying their kid an account because they're an idiot.
Legit worth a CPS call. Parents are probably :barf: redditors

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Namtab posted:

when fluffdaddy makes me the mod
We should demand IKs for popular threads. Only then can we weed out the best and brightest.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Img:SkinnerThink
"Perhaps I'm wrong about selecting a mod....?"

"No. No. It's the Weebs that are wrong"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I know Vfolken are taboo, so we should make a Vocaloid thread and get our sick beats out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I really wish it had the weird combo system from Project X Zone. That would make combat more fun.