Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-bWiR6PeHI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

AlternateNu posted:

Watch Ranking of Kings, you nerds!

is the ranking based on superchat earnings or viewing hours?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
V-Tubers is the new five member claymation singing group from Idaho

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Argona posted:

New chat thread, new post for the stats.

If I was interested in watching some Red Letter Media stuff besides the star wars prequel reviews from way back when, where would I start?

Best of the worst is their best stuff, I'd start with these and then go chronologically if you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWTthXfdBc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CtUd0yuYN4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW4m0oYK0WQ

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

thinkin about s*akura m*ko

hey man

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Brutal Garcon posted:

Didn't check this forum in a few days, and now there's a billion pages in the chat thread and a new mod. I assume there was an Event.

fyad started posting in the vtuber thread

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Very Melon

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
anime ite domum

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm also not a huge fan of joke videos like that where it's like "They're not speaking English, so I can just put whatever I want in the subtitles because it's just gobbledygook."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2b0RHArCg

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I somehow ended up with a 3 months free trial of crunchyroll so decided to watch anime for the first time in over a decade. What is the current good thing in slice-of-life/romance/comedy that I should be watching?

I decided to start my journey back into the world by re-watching all of Toradora! which both holds up very well and has a very frustrating last ~5 minutes.

kaguya-sama is the best of that genre since toradora

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
school rumble is top tier school comedy. also daily lives of high school boys and FMP fumoffu.

asobi asobase is pretty good and one of the only shows where I never skipped the ED

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
if you skip the op and ed 12 out of 13 times like like 14% more time you have for anime watching

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't have a region free dvd+bluray player nowadays?

I still use a ps3

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

pentyne posted:

Isn't Japan's level of casual technology use like decades behind most US consumer habits? Something like home PC use for web browsing/gaming is way more a rarity then in America.

everybody in japan had flip phones that were pseudo-smart phones like 7 years before smart phones came around, so outside of otaku and tech enthusiasts they kinda skipped over home PC usage. back then a lot of websites didn't even have a desktop version, or if they did there wasn't much effort put into it as they assumed most people would be viewing the site from a phone. you can still see the legacy in ugly japanese web design today, it's highly influenced by what worked on a phone 20 years ago.

it was a weird time as japan had this insular phone based internet completely separate from what the rest of the internet was like.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Kild posted:

Rose of Versailles in 1972

e: Supposedly from Kabuki theatre but IDK anything about that.

yeah it's a female kabuki character laugh. kabuki actors usually put on a pretty shrill voice to sound female so when they force a laugh it comes out a lot like naga. and all the characters in those plays are nobility.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
gaming on my kobo right now

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
*looks at titties*

"she has a really good style"

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
sounds kinda boring unless there are also walking flowers that eat people or something

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I quite liked claymore but I knew in advance to skip the last 3 episodes and read the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Archer666 posted:

Even as I'm watching it its hard to believe that we've got a proper modern adaption for Bastard after all these years. I'm like 3 episodes in and it's very faithful, even expanding on the story a little so it'll better fit events that'll come into play in the most recent chapters.

the main difference is the gratuitous obscuring of nipples.