Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

He's right. Why didn't I think to be more positive and enjoy life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

First we were hippies, dead set on completely upending the parts of society that suck rear end and have caused nothing but suffering and human misery for centuries. Then we discovered money. Reagan was a living god.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Do they only let idiots into Harvard Law (school for dogs)? I'm pretty stupid sometimes. Maybe I should apply.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

Do they only let idiots into Harvard Law (school for dogs)? I'm pretty stupid sometimes. Maybe I should apply.

you also need rich parents

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
finally, a gbs thread where I can complain about my parents

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Grape posted:

A guy namedropping the Eagles is also someone who stopped liking or caring about rock around say 1973.
Which lets be clear, is now grandad rock. Nirvana is dad rock, poo poo The White Stripes are nearly dad rock.

The White Stripes, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, The National, loving MCR is now dad rock. No almosts about it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The National has always been dad rock. That's their genre.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Bogus Adventure posted:

drat, WSJ giving the NYT a run for its money on who can craft the better hateclickbait articles.

Not going to waste my time giving that shitheel and his toilet paper publication my attention. At least that whiny "my horrible husband" op-ed was funny to laugh at.

Yeah I feel played, I clicked on this thread thinking it’d be NYT

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

loving Moron posted:

The world will be so much better once all the boomers die off.

We all think this but why did we put all this effort into combating covid?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

What are the odds this was all started by his family not wanting to watch Animal House over Christmas?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

dr.acula posted:

We all think this but why did we put all this effort into combating covid?

To protect the non poo poo humans who are really vulnerable.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

hot date tonight! posted:

Okay I know this whole thing is stupid and not worth responding to, but why does he think rock and roll is dead? There are more rock bands than ever before, I'm so loving confused.

Probably means a top 40 and guest musicians on talk shows/sporting events, stuff you hear/see without trying. He’d still be wrong in a technical standpoint because there are plenty of “rock” bands in pop, hell, imagine dragons and maroon 5 both call themselves one, but for the most part you’re not going to get the sound he’s probably imagining unless you go digging yourself and he’s far too lazy for that.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

hezbollah got the wrong buckley

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Colonel Cancer posted:

Any boomer worth praise or at least not derision has left this world decades ago lol

hey <:mad:>

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Pretty sure that dubstep is purely a millennial creation. Can that be our "rock music"?

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

hezbollah got the wrong buckley

Lmao

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’d actually argue hip hop is to millennials as rock was to boomers. But genres really started stratifying in the 80s, so I don’t think there’s a real 1:1 comparison.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Millennials are the new boomers.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“Stop trying to silence my generation!” I scream from my op-ed in a national newspaper

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

HD DAD posted:

I’d actually argue hip hop is to millennials as rock was to boomers. But genres really started stratifying in the 80s, so I don’t think there’s a real 1:1 comparison.

I think hip hop is an on-point comparison because there's very much a type of millennial that has a similar vibe to the OP saying there's no good rock music anymore.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
wouldn't keep silencing them if they didn't ask the same loving question 6 times in under an hour

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I wrote a dissertation in response to this intriguing article, please see below for details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Is1oTUPHE

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

yeah my thought is this guy think we dont like Trump because of his tweets, but actually we dont like Trump because of his "keep n-words out of my buildings" and "raping women is cool and I do it all the time" policies

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Trump’s tweets are the best thing about him

His inability to tweet and subsequent anger is second

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Wsj? More like sjw

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Round up every person and put them in the meat grinders

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im not reading a WSJ article OP

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

what a fukkin lame article

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
It's like someone wrote down what their grandpa said at thaksgiving, and the thread is taking turns yelling at the piece of paper.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Big Beef City posted:

My "thoughts" are that this person needs to be the first against the wall, op

the first against the wall is a privilege. whats better dying quick or watching all your friends die and smelling the poo poo they just poo poo into their pants as they died.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
btw i voted this thread a "1"

:awesome:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO COOL OUT

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Chinatown posted:

btw i voted this thread a "1"

:awesome:

i voted a 2 because its poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

we do already have a boomer thread, you could post the article there but I'm not doing it I do not provide content only jokes and snide remarks

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Sneering at people you despise is in fact, an amusing diversion.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

we do already have a boomer thread, you could post the article there but I'm not doing it I do not provide content only jokes and snide remarks

Oh yeah that's great let's continue all discussion in threads hundreds of pages long instead of organic conversation, that's totally normal

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

satanic splash-back posted:

Oh yeah that's great let's continue all discussion in threads hundreds of pages long instead of organic conversation, that's totally normal

rules are rules!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

just skip to the end and post like everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

EvilJoven posted:

Gonna be awesome when millenials crack ping in rapid succession and decide to do a terrorism against rich boomers on a regular basis.

Gen X gonna sit here quietly and watch and then overdose when retirement sucks.

Now that boomers are moving to retirement spots I'm having to deal more with gen x and they are quickly becoming my most hated generation. They have all the hallmarks of boomers without the sense of community boomers want. Just selfish rich assholes with a massive sense of entitlement. gently caress my neighbours. They may have benefited the most from the financial situation because most bought houses at the cusp when prices were rock bottom but wages sky-rocketed and interest rates dropped. And they were still young enough to fully enjoy it.