Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
but why did her clothes change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Jerusalem posted:

I loved that by contrast to 10's regeneration, 11 was completely at peace with himself, so when he finally regenerated it wasn't with the big exploding regeneration energy flying everywhere stuff (though Moffat still got to play with that by having him use the energy given by the Time Lords to blast some Daleks1), just a sudden quick snap backwards of his head and suddenly he's Capaldi and we ended the episode with that brilliant :staredog: :ohdear: bit between he and Clara.

Capaldi's own regeneration was bittersweet and regretful which was a nice touch and a little bit of (perhaps) meta commentary on Capaldi's feelings on the role himself, what with the,"Doctor... I let you go".
Whittaker ending with the big lightshow but doing it outside so as not to harm the TARDIS, and turning it into a moment of beauty on a seascape, along with the playful,"Tag, you're it!" final words was about as strong a way for her to go out as you could have probably asked for.

the little story told with each regeneration, and how the idea of becoming someone else so directly and literally plays differently with each iteration, is one of those small joys that is both blessed and cursed by being so Doctor Who specific

like, if it was a narrative gimmick that any ol' media was pulling off left and right it wouldn't be as neat, but at the same time it sucks because sometimes Doctor Who sucks

I think about certain beats in pro wrestling a lot in the same vein, like, there's some stuff that only works because it's pro wrestling but at the same time... lol, it's pro wrestling

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

LividLiquid posted:

America already made a Doctor Who and it was about two teenagers in a phone booth telling everybody they should be excellent to each other.

And aside from calling each other the F-slur once, it was glorious.

Would I literally kill a man to see this crossover? Maybe, maybe not, I don't know but the fact that I'm not personally sure should say a lot