Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

MrMojok posted:

A little bit of Alex goes a long way, so I'm using a couple of reddit threads to selectively pick from peoples' "Best Of" lists.

Right now it's #404, Alex Goes to CPAC, and it's incredible to hear him bellowing onstage (and from offstage while other people are speaking), just progressively drunker and drunker.

"We're having a good time tonight in defiance of their tyranny, it's amazing"

Thank you to all that have been posting recommendations, keep them coming :mcnally:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They all sound like joke podcasts made up by The Onion to take the piss out of lib podcasts.

:hmmyes:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Didn't he say he was sick on the latest episode? I seem to recall they speculating if it were covid (again)

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

MrMojok posted:

but he isn’t stupid.

Objection, assuming facts not in evidence.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

IIRC he walked back earlier statements in the same deposition, in one of the formulaic objections episodes.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The Dollop has always sucked about this. The most odious aspect is that they'll act a bit like Robert here and be like "oh my god I cant believe you are making a big deal out of this I'm not loving calling all of these sources!!!!!!!!!" and then when people respond by saying that's not what is being suggested they'll add the most cursory bullshit at the end of the episode or MAYBE up front in passing.

They make their living from other people's work and that includes paying someone $15/hr to summarize it for them. Most of the time they won't even bother to learn how to pronounce the names of the authors or the main characters of the stories they are telling. Lazy bullshit top to bottom.

KF is always on point, as far as I can tell, because Dan is meticulous and rigorous in his work and ethics.

But has he asked alex for permission before he made his content solely based on him :ohdear:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah no poo poo, it's just funny when he turns around and pretends care about the Founding Fathers and/or the Constitution next episode

It is extremely funny when his battlecry is "1776"

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

lol that neither dan nor jordan knows what speakers' corner is.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

teen witch posted:

I kind of dig the legal beat

It’s ridiculous and a bit of levity

Even if Bankston looks like a lovely ex of mine and it has been straight bothering me

Sound like we have a salacious headline for the next edition

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

0konner posted:

I like Dan’s new segment of “Jordan spot the logical flaw within the clip” which Jordan is so far 0-2 on that I can recall.

This seems like bullying a kitten

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

"Musks best tweet" did not go the way I expected.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Everett False posted:

Cracking the gently caress up right now because I started listening to episode 202 (September 4-6, 2018) and the first ten minutes of actual Alex Jones content is about his Google Analytics. He won't stop complaining about how no one will acknowledge his traffic is better than ever since getting kicked off YouTube, and he can prove it with his Google Analytics graph. He even says he'll post a video of their Google Analytics on Twitter (right before he got banned) to show everyone their spike in traffic. :allears:

lol and also lmao, send it to the lawyers

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm just gonna say :

Dan used to be an accountant.

What's with all these ex-accountant podcast hosts

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

"Famous marx quote"

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

DarklyDreaming posted:

The thing everyone forgets is precious metals are just as much of a fiat currency requiring the good faith of your local government to have any value. If New Austin uses gold as their only currency then the first man to figure out how to make his own gold-imitation paint is the first billionaire of the post-apocalypse, you need minting facilities to verify the gold's authenticity and stamp the king's face on coins or everyone has every reason to assume it's fake

Anyone with a physics textbook could measure its density

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

FFT posted:

That's why you include lead to balance it out.

gold is 70% denser than lead

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Twibbit posted:

So Rogan

Actually he has pushed back on some of alex's nonsense, from the knowledge fight clips I've heard

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Morter posted:

in 2001

and it didn't stop him from associating with Alex

Oh for sure, he sucks, I managed to get all my family off spotify after they signed him.

I just mean to point out that pearl is even more of a empty brained credulous idiot than rogan

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Froghammer posted:

For those not in the Facebook group, friend of the pod Morgan Stringer got hired by Mark Bankston's firm Farrar & Ball.

Which, honestly, good for her. She deserves it.

:nice:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Marsupial Ape posted:

I still believe that the ad read was spontaneous. He’s an oral story teller, so he has practiced rhythms and repetitions he used as places to give his brain a moment to make up more bullshit. The spiel is such a muscle memory, now, that if he gets angry enough his “performative self” kicks in.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Jordan reacting to stuff is mostly fine. Jordan trying to explain stuff or offering solutions is insufferable.

Mr Scumbag posted:

fast forward 15 seconds and use it liberally.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Pennsylvanian posted:

The parts of Alex's testimony that would have made me lose my temper and start screaming in his face were his pauses following each question.

Mark: Mr. Jones are you aware your birthday is this date?

*35 second pause*

Alex: Well, I know that I was given cake and presents on that day a few times but I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Mark: Thank you, Mr. Jones.

Ridiculous amounts of dead air is just standard alex jones though

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Grand Fromage posted:

Oh Jordan. You gotta read past the first paragraph about the Hundred Flowers Campaign, buddy.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Steam has games about literally loving Hitler so I don't think it's coming down anytime soon.

Important to point out that "loving" in this sentence is a verb and not an adjective.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

0konner posted:

Was cool when Jordan ended up vocally agreeing with greenwald on this last ep.

I'm not surprised at all.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

0konner posted:

This was the worst part of dating an infowarrior it was really hard to enjoy movies like Cloverfield.

That was the worst part?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Marsupial Ape posted:

Mark even reminds Alex, I think as a kindness, that he could sue his lawyers for malpractice or whatever. Alex won’t, though. That’s too much like admitting he hosed up in his decision making.

Suing his lawyers and winning would mean more money going to the plaintiffs.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

I loving hate Jordan, goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Alex repeatedly stating that Germany was a part of the Austro-Hungarian empire :psyduck:

And Dan is not even correcting him!