Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I’d never heard of Marybeth Tinning. That’s some dark poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

It's fake. Why do people keep making these?

Trolling and they think it’s funny and some of them are trying to make a point I guess

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

If it's fake and not just deleted, I would say putting the name of a real person who writes for that website instead of, say, Jongo Dorts, as the author of that listicle is pretty bad.

Agree. But I imagine some poor shmuck getting a bunch of hate is an added incentive for somebody trolling/looking for lols

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Browsing their content that looks like an aggregator website—I doubt it’s producing original content

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Is this streaming anywhere? I really liked in high school and a year or two ago I wanted to go back and see if it held up but it wasn’t available

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Unfortunately I've only been able to find crappy broadcast quality rips to pirate

Smdh and yet we have fuller house and the Conners and remastered friends

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Stdh but also when you’re so not racist you’ve assumed every non-white person you encounter is eager to be your prop to prove a point

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

That's Richard Dreyfuss's kid who fell for the dumb "move to red states" comic and got mad that 1-day delivery didn't work there, right?

Didn’t he turn out to be living in sun valley which is basically Idaho’s attempt at Vail or Jackson Hole

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Does he still spit on people?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This should be an Onion article but it's not

Connor O'Malley is gonna lose his poo poo over this travesty

This is what they took from us!

Fetish-art-green-m&m.jpg

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Some good points, if you read the entire thing.

I’m not falling for this

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Goddamnit. That’s so loving disappointing. The esoteric turns out to be mundane as gently caress

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

idk i'm not the one mourning the death of a wealthy trump supporter and longtime republican donor

People didn’t appreciate meatloaf for his political insight, personal values, moral character, or wisdom. I doubt very many people cared about him at all outside his persona as a performer

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dreddout posted:

Virgil's poo poo happened before he was an e-celeb iirc.

When did that happen? Last spring right? We’re coming up on a full year since he dropped off the face of the earth and afaik BJG still has his picture up on her podcast Twitter banner lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

There’s something that’s just really fascinating about that photo. It looks like she’s wearing a Halloween mask. What was going through her head when she looked at that and thought yes this is the perfect angle. I love it

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

What’s an Aleppo was maybe the most honest response I’ve ever seen from a politician

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I thought the girl was in her teens but turns out she was 28. Doesn't really matter, she can't control who her dad is. Her boyfriend was a campus cop, I think, but its unclear Dorner knew that, as he wasn't the target. Dorners manifesto made it pretty clear to me he was operating on incel mass shooter logic.

American police being a barely organized death squad doesn't mean Dorner isn't a completely terrible person.

I guess we could see this as an attempt to create a modern Henry McCarty->"Billy The Kid" situation where a person who in all reality is just an rear end in a top hat murderer gets turned into an outlaw folk hero, but that took a while after he died and also wikipedia didn't exist.

If he hadn't started with the girl, things would be different.

You’re way over thinking this you fat nerd

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Is this edgy or dumb?

Spinnnn the wheeeeeeel

Yes I’m sure we have an unapologetic Holocaust denier posting and not somebody rolling their eyes at people unable to parse obvious sarcasm

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I gotta admit it'd be a hell of a twist

Don’t they usually keep to games?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

some of it is narcissistic people who find strategies that reliably get them attention online

Yeah none of them ever had a very firm left ideology in the first place and just kind of shifted with where they could find an audience

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I feel like if it’s true it was just Trump loving with him, which ngl if I had to listen to Reince babble on for god knows how long I’d do the same

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Why is there grass on the steak? This isn't what grass feed steak is. Please make me a new steak without the gross plant matter.

It’s rosemary you dork

The steak I mean. The steaks name is Rosemary. I’m also confused by the grass

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Springsteen: Sings Atlantic City about a guy getting coerced into committing a crime for money

Nugent: sings cat scratch fever about wanting to pet a cat

I think you know which one I’d play for my grandmother!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

2018 sure was a different time.

Glenn is very good and seeing and calling out the hypocrisy of others. What makes it funny is that he’s incapable of any kind of self reflection or applying that same lens to himself

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Atlantic City presents the only redeemable version of the American Dream.

Yeah jokes aside it’s a personal favorite. Just so bleak and the core message is we’ve hit rock bottom and we know we’ll never get back up but we’re going to pretend we might anyway

The hopeless desperation is very haunting

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I believe Kanye

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Delthalaz posted:

https://twitter.com/custardloaf/status/1487472750981648388?s=21

e: idg the roses are red shirt, how is kamala not black?

Same reason Obama isn’t. Some big brain types think that to be black you have to be ADOS

Not that the shirt wearer or the shirt creator put anywhere near that much thought into it but if they really challenged themselves to defend the assertion that’s almost certainly where they’d end up

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yes but not white protesters

As clearly evidenced by the Miami police closing streets for unpermitted Cuban regime change protesters

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Cubans are white at a conservative's convenience

For sure. I was adding that as evidence, not contradicting the point

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

change my name posted:

I can fix her

What needs fixing?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

wow, being on fire seems to suck. gonna try to avoid it in the future

Even if you survive it’s not the kind of thing you ever really heal up from

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Thank you! I humbly accept this appreciation on behalf of all the hours of on-the-clock company time I have pissed away making poo poo jokes for my fellow dum-dums.

Yeah I gotta concur with op on this. I don’t always respond but I definitely always lol and appreciate

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

droll posted:

But whose on first?

But I don’t get it, why didn’t they just refer to the players by their uniform numbers, and furthermore…

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

look junpei is like, 19?, or something. how about we let him figure it out. give him a decade. lets stand back and let him flourish

Junpei is clearly a 45 year old pretending to be 19

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

If the anecdote is something that dude actually said then Elmer made it up. There’s zero chance that actually happened

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

$80 million per plane and they didn't spring for the undercoat?

Probably skipped on the lifetime free oil change too. GJ DoD

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dreylad posted:

what in the absolute gently caress

TrueAnon podcast did an entire episode on this a while back. It’s absolutely loving insane

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Is it the same people who did a bunch of fake videos about crazy anti-maskers/maskers on planes?

Huh?

Dreylad posted:

Oh yeah I was going to listen to that. Jesus christ now im not so sure

I’d say listen to it. It’s nuts enough as a topic and interesting enough that it stays interesting and doesn’t just devolve into gory misery, Brace and Liz and the guest navigate it really well where it’s a stand out episode despite the subject matter. Also I think it came out over a year ago so the dead children aren’t in it or hadnt happened yet or maybe they are and my memory is bad

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Someone's been making a whole bunch of viral videos where a loud anti-masker on a plane gets their comeuppance from a fellow passenger or the pilot, but also a bunch of videos with the same actors where the anti-masker is the one getting the applause at the end. All of it was clearly fake because the flight crew never had any logos on their uniforms, all portholes were closed at all times, actors were really bad, etc., but people still shared them on twitter as real.

Yeah I’m familiar with what you’re talking about just not how it would be related to murdery JSOC troops or TrueAnon podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Lol, sorry, I thought you replied to the post above yours about the fake Karen video.

Lmao yeah things are making a lot more sense. Glad we cleared that up