Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The gold people are talking about in t3 comes from selling unbound materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Flair posted:

If they shred it in 4 minutes, either you got an over item level carry or you are against Alberhastic with grudge 3.

Or they are in tier 3 where the guardians have way less hp, or have dps that actually know what they are doing with actual gear. It's easy to kill most of the t2 guardians in 4 minutes if your dps have real gear + engravings.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Velveteen posted:

I'm in T3 right now and every single Nacrasena group has been 4-6 minute kills.

I wish I could say the same but pugging on my alt I have seen some spectacularly bad people in t3. The day I hit 1302 on the character I went into the guardian at 1307 and had a 12 minute run where I was 52% of the damage.

Thankfully that's not the case very often but drat are some people horrible.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

like 2-5 leapstones per guardian raid, with higher ones in each tier giving slightly more.

Before t3 it's 3 base leapstones then +1 for every higher guardian, so 10 for the highest one. T3 seems to be like 2.5 or 2.7 average base, then +1.75-2 for the next guardian, but then it converts to great honor after that.

It was far more profitable for quite a while to do the final t2 guardian than it was to do the first t3 guardian when t2 leapstones were still in the mid 150g range and t3 were only 300.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

So now we have weekly reset and I can't buy out the shops of t3 materials before that. RIP. Looked oh AH and it looks like there's only purple gear there that requires 1320. Feels bad.

That isn't even real gear, it's broken items just for tripod transferring.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That honestly solves a lot of my issues assuming the numbers are big enough on the honing mats. Giving us a global honing buff would have been a real feels bad to anyone who had used all their stuff and not just sat on it. Some new content, a bit more time before raids, new classes coming sooner, overall gives me a lot of hope they are going to go in a better direction.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

FutureCop posted:

Any Red/Lone Knight Gunlancers out there? I feel like I should be going the smart and safe route by going Blue/Combat Readiness and never have to worry about anything as I just soak all damage, but I'm so tempted by explosions, destruction, staggers, counters and just generally having a more active/challenging combat that Red brings. I'm wondering if it would be worth it though: if it is just more work for nothing, as in the added destruction/stagger don't amount to much in a practical sense, then maybe I'll play it safe since Blue is still fun.

Just play blue right now IMO, from what I can tell on Korea at the high end people play mostly blue or "purple" where they do Lone Knight 3 Combat Readiness 1. Red does a lot more weak point which can be useful, but it doesn't do that much more stagger and actually does a bit less raw damage. Blue still brings the same counter skill so nothing changes there, and a lot of people still use Surge Cannon for the massive stagger.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

FutureCop posted:

I think you're right: I keep running time trial tests and such between red and blue and they practically seem tied in terms of dps, but blue provides so much more safety in both shields and mobility (at least from my silly T1 testing, of course, which isn't quite representative of endgame).

Go to Trixion and talk to Beatrice and go to the training area, you can do actual dps tests there. You can pick any stat balance and engravings you want, though you can't pick gems and the bonus tripod levels from gear so it won't be exactly the same but you can get a decent idea.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

The current clock situation did finally break the "rift/boss at server reset" cheese so that isn't possible currently. Who knows what'll happen the next time they try to fix it though lol.

e: Actually, after this morning's hotfix the ingame clock is now correct so that might mean the 6am thing is doable again.

The only thing broken is the timers, the actual events happened at the correct time, nothing has changed in regards to getting an extra boss/gate.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

Server reset still happened at 6am eastern this morning

Oh you're on NA East then who knows, maybe something extra was hosed up on NA East that wasn't on NA West. On west the in game clock was wrong but everything, including reset, was still happening at the correct real life time. Were you using the in game clock to determine when reset was? Cause it would have been incorrect.

Hyper Inferno posted:

One QoL thing I really wish this game would implement would be to have the option to sort nearly everything alphabetically. The engravings list and codex search results are two things I really really wish had the option to sort alphabetically to find what I want.

Did you miss the big By Name button on the engravings page?

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 18, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Oh yea lol, the engraving chests are sorted in what feels like a completely random way.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Ignore it. Use the scales to make jewelry instead at the Abyss Trader.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yes but NA West gets several sets of bosses after reset, our reset is at 3am PST and the bosses keep spawning till 5am.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You can do the 1380 world boss and get rewards, you're just gonna die a ton. Moake you can't do until 1340 and even then it can be tricky to get into a channel that kills him.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The actual best strategy is to get to the zone a bit early and then watch the higher numbered channels like 40+. As soon as one goes yellow jump in and take a look, you'll often find a big group of whales there.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I knowledge transfer as many characters as I can through all of the later story zones, so 50% of them. The only one I bother to do is Punika because I need the materials on all my alts.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What's the new event?

Event Guardians, a daily roster wide guardian fight(or fights?) that gives currency to buy honing mats from a new vendor. Lasts for a month, can be done at 250+ and is scaled so your gear level doesn't matter.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The guardians will also apparently be easier for this event?

Yea, they said "In this event, you can enjoy Guardian Raids in a more casual way."

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The entire point of these events is to make people spend LESS time on the grind because they are far more efficient in rewards:time than anything else in the game.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you play more than 2 alts you'll have tons of extra event currency and have no reason to run the race at all.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Go do Shushire, once you complete it you get a full set of 302 armor.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea the only difference to the leaked roadmap should be more classes and likely a month or more delay on Valtan. We were going to get South Vern and Valtan at the same time in the leaked one, but I expect those to be two different patches now like they were in other regions.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's still a source of gold, and while the price of materials is down so is the price of everything so the ratio really isn't that bad. Sure it was better to sell before but people still need a way to make gold.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Selling just unbound leapstone won't really set you back any real amount of time, the volume of bound materials coming from the events mean you're going to be limited more on guardian/destruction and shards right now. And even at 16g each it still is a couple hundred gold a day per t2 character.

But yea don't sell your guardian/destruction unless you somehow have buckets of extra because you don't really get any source of bound ones.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Khorne posted:

I've also had some really bad scorp & night fox yoho groups lately. Scorp is kinda understandable, there's a bit of a learning curve as melee. Although people not hitting adds and then dying to them over and over is uhh... interesting.

I have mostly solved the scorp add issues by telling everyone at the start to group up on my ping during burrow, then you just ping right behind where it burrowed. It always comes back out in the same direction it went down in, and this keeps everyone in the same spot so the adds stay clumped.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you want to never have to learn fights, just play Gunlancer.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The biggest thing to remember is that in most cases your secondary stats are more important than engravings.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Another thing though and I may be victim to this as well, but I'm unsure. There is apparently a bug with power pass. If you skipped the roster quests in say vern and shushire having hit the "ok, I'm bored now" moment and just blazed the msq only, you may be in trouble. Powerpass has your characters complete all quests through shushire. All of them. You don't get credited rewards for them all, but you do get marked completed. That also includes roster quests. With some of those roster quests supposed to be rewarding you some of that oh so important virtue stat.
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/bye-lost-ark-powerpass-messes-up-your-virtues-so-you-will-never-be-able-to-finish-the-game/301729

Yea this isn't true at all, people on the forums are just morons. You 100% get credit for all power passed quests. I literally saw my virtue stats skyrocket after using my first power pass because I skipped all sidequests when leveling.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There's a pretty huge difference between people who were 1400+ last week and people just hitting 1370 this week.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Zotix posted:

? What I was saying is that there is nothing mechanically difficult about Argos. His animation telegraphs are very long and easy to dodge. P1 is an absolute loot pinata, P2 requires a bit more teamwork and P3 is on the same level. However there is nothing too mechanically difficult in any phase. It's a decent difficulty bridge for where we are in the game.

Yea my point was more that the average quality of player that was 1400 last week will be a decent bit higher than people doing phase 1 for their first time this week. Expecting to jump in for your first time ever in a pug and beat it in under an hour right now is asking a bit much for a lot of pugs.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Just get to t3 and the issue goes away, they are like 3-7 minute fights depending on the party you end up with. The final t2 guardian Alberhastic is usually quick also, and I just don't run any others these days because it's not enough gold to be worth my time. If you are still farming t2s though you might try party finder instead of matchmaking because if people have actual engravings you can blast most of them in 5-6 minutes.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I have never had a pug Igrexion take more than 7 minutes, and Yoho is a joke because most people don't even do Velganos so everyone is way overleveled for her.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea Velganos is really not great in a party just because of the light mechanic

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Inflation helps players to some degree because endgame honing has a noticeable raw gold cost between the honing itself and fusion material.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

because the same leapstones sell for 100-200 gold.

on NAWest at least even Greater Honors are down under 90g, the gold to be made from selling mats is less than 10% of what it was 2 weeks ago and it feels rough.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hype for lancermaster, lmao that name though

Makes more sense than Lancermaster considering she uses a glaive not a lance.

South Vern in April and Valtan in May should work out pretty well for most people though, glad to see that's what they ended up going with in the roadmap.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 4, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You can buy 18 slots, you cannot actually have more than 12 right now. Yes that means you can buy 12 slots that you cannot use at all and it's incredibly weird and dumb and they won't refund you.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Zotix posted:

Seems like overkill when we are getting relic accessories in a few weeks that will make all of that moot.

Gonna guess closer to 1.5 months but yea, I wouldn't invest huge in legendary jewelry right now. A 3/3/3 setup is more than enough to beat Argos P3 and normal Valtan when he comes out and you can build that for extremely cheap.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, I have two different 3/3/3/1 setups for my GL right now depending if I feel comfortable with Grudge on the fight or not. Barricade/Stabilized Status/Grudge/Comabt Readiness, or I can swap out Grudge for Spirit Absorption. I like having the option to go without Grudge until I have seen the patterns a couple times and get an idea of which ones I can tank. I don't really plan on upgrading anything until relic jewelry becomes easily available and get some chances to roll relic stones to see what I end up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
All of the "hard" guardians are made extra hard because you only ever need to kill them once. So people playing alts tend to drop back down to an easier one if they are going to farm any and never do ones like Achates ever again. So you're stuck with people doing them for the first time still.