Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Which is annoying but eh I've played DFO I'm used to this 'you have an individual story kind of' justification for gender locked classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Same.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have figured out which class I want to play (for my first character at least).

Considering how many goons are east coast in comparison to west coast I might just play over there. If people played this when the servers were in russia I can't imagine across the continent is much worse.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I wanted to play summoner but no...

Did I hear she's getting a rework soon in KR and that's why they felt comfortable replacing her in this version?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There is literally a 'become a demon' class so that might be up your alley.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I eagerly await the 'four paladins doing content' video someone will put out.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

From what I've heard, DPS Paladins and Bards can do enough damage to clear content, but they'll do less damage than a proper DPS class and everyone would prefer if they ran support.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvOEInEE-M

This video is all about comparing and contrasting bard and paladin.

Teal deer: Whichever you want.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ihmemies posted:

So uhh what's the actual point of paying for this game? Is there some kind of P2W elements or is it just like PoE that money buys you some skins?

You can spend real money to obtain royal crystals which you can sell for in game gold and use that gold to buy upgrade materials so a whale could get an advantage that way. It's not directly purchasing power and you aren't adding or removing gold from the economy, but it is there.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Never I apologize. We do have large hammers, whenever Destroyer comes out at lesat.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

obi_ant posted:

Which server do most goons play on? I’m thinking about jumping on to scratch that D3 itch.

Gyoru posted:

They're blocking new characters on most of the popular servers when the game launches officially at midnight :rip:

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1491875972693442576
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/character-creation-limits-and-additional-servers/61597

The following servers will have character creation limits put in place:

NA West
Mari

NA East
Una

This character creation limit will remain in place for the foreseeable future, and we will provide an update when it is eventually removed.

You will continue to play queued content cross-server (that is, you can roll on another NA East server and play raids and dungeons with goons on Una) but guilds and world content are server specific and Korea just now got server transfers after years.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fried Sushi posted:

I was able to equip two cards, tried around level 23 when I saw the new player quest, I just right clicked on them and it put two of them in the deck and I saved and it completed.

Yeah the issue is that you can only equip certain cards and the first few cards you get are not those equippable cards.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Deakul posted:

Alright so, does the game open up much more any time soon after the prologue? I'm doing this Loghill stuff and the loot trickle is honestly depressing, is this how it's going to be for a while? Otherwise the combat is punchy and the spell effects are pretty so it's scratching that part of the ARPG itch for me at least, just the loot rewards are pretty sparse so far, where the chests and breakables at?

You're gonna be following the main quest for a long while, and this is not a game where you get loot a lot; at max you'll be crafting one set and then upgrading that for a while.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

admanb posted:

Has anyone figured out guild weekly tasks? I understand the core concept of "Try Hunting" but the specific objectives have no description and items like Rough/Common/Fine Leather don't have a defined source.

It's just 'hunt 20 times' but you can't complete it as a new guild member (which everyone is because the servers haven't been online long enough for anyone not to be).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

In the 'MMO as a table top role playing game' hypothetical I do with all new MMOs, Armen is absolutely the DMPC who needs to go away.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Anyone who bought a founder's pack get their extra stuff yet?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

uh so do female martial artists really get 3 subclasses while the males get 1 or is that just weird UI poo poo

Female martial artists get 3, men get 1. Classes are originally single gender, with the other one (for martial artist and gunner at least) coming later, so male martial artists have to be striker and female gunners have to be gunslingers.

On the subject of classes, what datamined classes are we talking about? I do like the sound of an alchemist.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Heads up, Amazon seems to have hosed something up again and you can now attempt to join and create a character on the supposed-to-be-closed non-f2p servers.

Intentional, actually.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sharpshooter is horrible and no one should play it so my engravings and stuff stay cheap.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nephrite posted:

Summoner was the primary class I was pretty interested in playing, and I was bummed to find out it isn't included. Is there any general gut feeling on when it'll be put in? A month or two from now?

The two things I've seen says that either they want to get us the missing classes one at a time every 2-3 months, or they want to get us all the missing class within 2-3 months.

I'd expect, in either case, that summoner would be one of the first classes added, but who knows otherwise.

Charles 1998 posted:

Ugh, why is every MMO that isn't WoW Classic afraid of killing their players at early levels? Especially when there's no penalty for dying.

Levelling is something everyone has to do so everyone has to be able to do it. Especially in F2P MMOs, where a lot of people who might see 'free' would be turned off by early difficulty.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kwolok posted:

I don't get how people say this isn't like Diablo. Looking at the controls, perspective and gameplay it looks like Diablo. Just because Diablo has A slightly different progression/end game doesn't feel like a reason to not call it similar...

But I haven't played it so maybe I'm missing something only watching others play it

The big fights are more like a MMO fight (single big boss, telegraphed markers on the floor, need to stand in proper ways to not die, have adds and mechanics to deal with) or occasionally a monster hunter fight (single big boss, limited healing, required to read the boss for tells) as opposed to something like Diablo (lots of smaller enemies, things to dodge but not usually very telegraphed, few mechanics). And it's a very different progression system; Diablo and the like is about getting lots and lots of gear and wading through it to find something useful, while this game gives you a single gearset for X amount of content and expects you to upgrade it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Having used my two free boosts I can safely say that Game is Fun and not as complicated as a lot of people make it out to be (mainly guide makers who want people to look at their content).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

dmboogie posted:

googling anything for this game is awful - how does leveling trade skills work? do different, later areas have more advanced drops/XP values, or is it just a matter of ‘spending all your energy mining near the lake town’

I've ran into gathering stuff that requires level 10 foraging but other than that not that I've seen.

gandlethorpe posted:

What does it mean when you get another copy of a card and it has a "+1" on it in the card menu?

Also, why does the game give you blue class engraving chests before it even gives you enough of the green ones?

You can 'awaken' a card by spending card EXP ( a drop from, amongst other things, cube dungeons), a copy of that card, and silver, which colors in one of the orbs on the bottom in orange. Once there's a total awakening level in an equipped or passive set, the bonuses are increased.

And it does that because I don't know.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

When do Armen and Thirain gently caress

In typical quest fashion, I wouldn't mind being the middleman though

Oh thank Christ I'm not the only one who sees it.

There has to be so much Armen/Thirain and Armen/Kharmine fanart on the internet somewhere, I just know it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Status report: I do not know where korean fanartists put their stuff and google has given me nothing. I am disappointed.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

bagrada posted:

Male warrior with a 2h hammer
Male gunner with a drone pet and smgs
Female summoner from beta/og Korean release
Female martial artist with a lance/spear (fan fav)
Female assassin with 2 daggers

Female artist support with a paint brush

Next up female berserker version.

Also a female mage that fights with the power of cards.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

kliras posted:

Are all chests with general gear - that you don't pick yourself - a fixed ilvl, specific to quest, monster, or how does it work? I just defeated Chuo (48), and was wondering whether I should open the purple chest now, or how drops like that work in the game.

I noticed that the general chest rewards in the main story have fixed ilvls, but no idea how it works for this.

Fixed to the chest.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Honestly I thought the dungeon was the worst because if you ran it in a party not everyone got a gundam at the same time so you'd have one or two people in a giant robot murdering everything and then the other people just running along. I liked the zone though I'm still hoping we get to murder at least some of the Stern Senate at this rate.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Iakona posted:

Does anyone know if this 3 hours maintenance poo poo is gonna be a regular thing, or if its just growing pains? If I log in after work tomorrow only to see a maintenance warning I think I'm just gonna find something else to play.

As we're not psychics, we don't know for sure, but since the queue issues have already gone down, it's probably just growing pains.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Barely put any time into the game yet due to work and other game distractions. Started as Sharpshooter and I'm like level 13 and already the Massive Indecision/Altitis is kicking in and I'm wondering if I'd rather have gone for Artilerist.

Such is life for me in MMOs. I should just keep trucking along with Sharpshooter since so low level is hardly enough to make a judgment call on a class.

That said I'm gonna be all on board for Arcanist once they make it to us because "what if we made Astrologian a DPS" is rad as hell give me the card mage.

Do remember you get 2 free powerpasses after you finish Vern, meaning you get 3 50s for the price of one. There's nothing stopping you from pressing on as a Sharpshooter and boosting an artillerist.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What is the point of the exp cards you get from chaos dungeons? You cant trade them or give them to alts.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of card exp items, which give you exp you can use (alongside duplicates of a card) to make your cards better.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

jokes posted:

But there’s no way to go from blue crystals to gold is there

No.

explosivo posted:

Crystals as in the blue shop crystals? Sorry there's a dozen different kinds of crystals in the game

Correct.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

kliras posted:

Another fun bug is where your other Lab research projects are invisible, so you can't see their progress. Not sure why the game is still this buggy.

Oh, I thought that was just me.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I would like to have summoner back please.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Actually the reason they're ending daylight savings in the US is to help out Lost Ark.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Most of the actual players are in the 50+ range by now.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man even ignoring the actual game the production and release of the international version has been abysmal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You ban even a single innocent player and the bad press will do a lot worse than the bots would to your reputation.