Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Third World Reagan posted:

I played the panty class during beta and it felt so bad and weird, the whole thing, of bimbo walking and gathering old panties to hold into my inventory that I gave up on it.

Uh, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

BUT the power passes aren't really recommended by people that actually have played the game extensively for people starting out. You miss out on a lot of mats and unless you have a plan on how to get them fully online for alt grinding then you could be left with a suboptimal experience.

Unless grinding out those mats takes more than 20 hours, I'm gonna use the pass. Leveling has its moments but I definitely wouldn't want to go through the story twice. I don't think my g key could take it.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Proud peddler!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I really doubt they'll increase honing rates anytime soon, it would be a massive gently caress you to everyone that's over 1302.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

OGS-Remix posted:

Is there a good/centralized place for character presets? If I'm making alts, I might as well spend time making them look good (or borrowing other people's work).

Good is debatable but the subreddit and the presets channel in this discord have a bunch of presets. The discord is probably better, you can search by class and there's a lot of presets modeled after existing characters.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Lailai.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Velveteen posted:

Maybe I got lucky but you should be able to get a whole bunch of guaranteed class engraving +3 accessories from oreha hard dungeons and Argos. Plus you can use the extra mats on second week to craft more. If you really want to save pheons you should be able to get a full set relatively effortlessly. I found the hardest part was cutting a decent ability stone. You'll probably end up buying a few of those before you can cut a decent one.

Yes I love the attitude shift going from T2 to T3 in matchmaking parties. Everyone is suddenly way more chill and no one is getting angry over wipes. Not just that more competent at the game in dodging skill and mechanic skill as well. For example, you don't have people going into oreha preveza without knowing the star mechanic or the lightning dodging. But in gates of paradise dungeons people don't even know what an orb is and refuse to learn or what a stagger check even is. For hard mode oreha you can click matchmake, do a quick run with no wipes and get out in under 10 minutes.

It might be worth picking up a 4th "worthless" engraving if there's enough inventory for it. I got 3x3 of good engravings plus heavy armor 2 for pretty cheap. Stuff like drops of ether, lightning fury and disrespect still help out but can be bought for cheap.

I also didn't get grudge because I am bad and it's way more expensive.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I did it I cleared Gate 1! I saw a group called "G1 4x3 engravings" no know mechanics or going for clear or anything in the title and we spent about 3 hours before finally clearing it. We started off just dying constantly to orbs because people can't kite. Everyone was learning so that is fine. But after an hour we had to replace a lot of people who rage quit in frustration from not understanding orbs. But the second wave of people were much better players and they stayed the entire time and we cleared it within two hours without any supports. It was pretty impressive that people stayed the entire time. I just hope my Gate 2 experience goes just as well tomorrow.

On another note its only 4 wings per gate? I was expecting 6 per gate like Valtan. That means we need to kill more bosses to get the same reward.

I dunno if it's the same for every set but I need more valtan thingies because the weapon takes 25 of them to craft.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Smythe posted:

im too old to gently caress around with goon guilds anymore so its ok. i simply log on and derp around for 2 weeks and then get bored and go back to the greatest game of all - posting.

You should join a guild anyway, it doesn't require much. The chill guilds probably won't care if you do the guild quests or anything but it's useful for bloodstones which you can use to buy useful materials.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Velveteen posted:

Is something wrong with Dire? We haven't had any new research or guild missions yet.

The something wrong might be that I'm the most active officer? I didn't log in yesterday but it has research and weeklies now.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Discospawn posted:

I haven't followed Lost Ark nearly as closely as I've followed New World, but AGS seems to be incapable of learning/growing/improving from past mistakes. They just did a soft reboot of New World a couple weeks ago with 'Fresh Start Servers', and immediately experienced all of the same server-based problems that the game had at launch, and are continuing to repeat the same mistakes at addressing those problems.

It feels like a symptom of a toxic work environment, where every employee is following management tasking to the letter instead of pushing back on bad decisions, but I'd love to get an in-depth autopsy of the company to learn more about what's behind all of this.

Smilegate are the ones that make the game, AGS is just publishing it.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Discospawn posted:

Yeah, I directly referenced this in my first post.

Players have been quick to defend Lost Ark/AGS by saying "AGS only publishes the game," and relying on the fact that we don't know what aspects of the game AGS is involved in, and where SmileGate is involved, to deflect criticism. The argument kind of goes like, "if you don't know exactly which team is responsible for the problem, you shouldn't blame anybody."

But issues like accidentally giving players rewards in an email, and then taking the servers down for 2+ hours to remove those rewards (even if it results in a negative balance for players who used them), is entirely within AGS' area of responsibility for the game. There's just no way this is somehow the result of a SmileGate employee making a mistake and then calling long-distance and yelling in Korean about how important it is for players to not get free resources.

I'm not saying ags is good or not culpable in this instance, I'm saying that it doesn't make sense to compare what they do in new world to lost ark. Players are quick to blame ags but they're not the ones that designed the pheon system. The whole system is poo poo and the tripod change really highlights it.

We'll see what the compensation is I guess.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

No, you used to have to play as a generic mage or martial artist or whatever for 10 levels before choosing your actual class. It's weird how you can see the skeletons of their old game design still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Did they ever reduce the amount of homework to do on a daily/weekly basis? Looking at all the poo poo to do, even rested only was exhausting.