Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Played the beta and a bunch of the Russian version, gonna go Scrapper and pound some rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Am I the only EU player boarding this?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Suprfli6 posted:

It's pretty easy to play on the Russian server with a fan-made English patch for the game and a VPN if anyone is interested in messing around with different classes etc. pre launch. This guide goes over it step by step.

Whilst true the story mode dialogue is largely gibberish even with the patch

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I tried a few classes over the beta and on RU, but Scrapper definitely seems the one for me.

Artillerist was really neat mind, lotta boom

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Zet posted:

Are there classes that can do short 'shadowstep' teleports or put down a portal for friendlies to go through? Most of the videos I've seen you just go into a pack of mobs and then come out the other side.

Reaper has shadowsteps and other rogue sneakiness but that class wont be in at NA/EU release

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Mordiceius posted:

Since there aren't any "lady with big sword" classes :mad:, which lady class has the biggest weapon?

Deathblade has three swords!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Any classes that are known to suck in late game?

Nope, all content has been cleared on all classes.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

RC Cola posted:

Hi friends! I'm downloading this game now. I was wondering which Martial Arts class I should play as. I usually play monks in games if I can. Diablo 3, Vanguard Saga of Heros, FFXIV. I was wondering if any of you have insight into which ones are the easiest/hardest to play, and which ones are the least/most fun to play.

I was leaning Striker so far, but Wardancer looks fun too

Im playing Scrapper and it absolutely nails the concept of just beating the poo poo out of everything with giant metal gauntlets while screaming like a maniac.

Sort of like a ffxiv monk with a big helping of Vi from League of Legends

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I feel like the OP needs a disclaimer that there are literally no unviable/bad classes in the game

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

S.J. posted:

Is pistoleer deadeye trash or what

Its very viable now. Look up a korean player called Handgunner on youtube, hes great for info

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Apparently in Korea 100 crystals will run you about 18k gold because of inflation from higher tier dungeons giving out a lot of gold, so its liable to only get worse

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Kaedric posted:

Everyone who loves chaos dungeons: play a first intention wardancer

You will stop loving chaos dungeons

Everyone who loves playing chao dungeons, play a Gunlancer.

You bounce around murdering and dont afraid of anything.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

After re-rolling, cleared all the T1 stuff just now, invluding a barely geared enough group on Necromancers Origin that was a very learn as you go experience.

I think the abyss dungeons are hard but fair, as long as you aren't at the bare minimum gear, at least so far. You just can't carry anyone who doesn't want to bother with mechanics.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'll be honest: nerfing the content probably isn't enough to get me to actually try it. Even if it becomes easy to matchmake, the fact that it's already set up the expectation that consumables are going to be required going forward means that, at some point, I'm going to have to farm mats and level tradeskills or risk being unable to do the content, and since I'm not going to do that kind of tedious grindy stuff just to engage with the fun parts of the game then it seems wise to just peace out now and not get too invested.

If you haven't tried out the raids and guardians you're easily missing the most fun part of the game imo

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

joepinetree posted:

I used it on my pistoleer deadeye, and then realized that while it looks really cool it hits like a paper towel. So I was trying to boost a sorceress and realized I couldn't do the knowledge transfer for rohendel again.

Pistoleer is actually really solid, but its more that you never have to stop moving or position yourself to rear end to deeps

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Fuzz posted:

Lol at playing an MMO for the PvP primarily.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jelly posted:

Maybe an empassioned exaggeration outside of Luterra, but this is not: I've seen more bots running around in the month I've played this game, than in the all of the years of playing every other MMO I've ever played, combined. Maybe they're just more visible, but it's really jarring.

Though I have to say Amazon's other game, New World, also had a shitload of bots.

Finally doing 8-man Abyssal's and some of those mechanics are pretty rough. Are people mostly running those with their guilds or do they manage to get through them in public groups? I just had a party fail like 7 times before we gave up. Curious if that's the exception or the norm. It was still pretty fun to learn for the first attempt, but probably would not be as fun to fail the second.

If any are curious it was the fight where you have the 1,2,3,4 then 1,2,3,3,4 rotations.

Did this for the first time just yesterday with a group of complete strangers and got it on the third attempt

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Dumb question but how do you actually raise Wisdom/Compassion etc. In tier 3 now and never really done anything with rapport

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

First impressions of Not a dragoon is that its fun as gently caress

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I really enjoy my pistoleer deadeye, and t3 shadowhunter.

Taijutsu dcrapper is fun and cones online very easily unlike shadowhunter. Paladin is incredibly chill.

Couldnt get on with gunlancer myself but its hilariously survivable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Speaking of life skills, anyone know a good area to farm/level up gathering and mining? Only level 20ish so punikas out. A circle path ideally so I can mindlessly do it while watching Netflix or something.

Meteora island for mining