Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RoboCicero posted:

What are people's plans for their Punika pass character? I would love to try a longer range character with mobility and not a lot of long cast times or skill lock considering my other characters are a Scrapper, Destroyer, and a Bard . Are my options Pistoleer Deadeye or Time To Hunt Gunslinger? Arcanist has a cool class identity but it looks pretty short-ranged.

I'm thinking about trixion banking it on a gunner for scouter. My other option is using it on a gunlancer, but the characters I have in T1/2 are both about to get to the next tier so I might just vern KT it to collect T1 event mats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Khorne posted:

When you get Expert 3 paladin's mitigation and healing become much better. This isn't as true for bard, because most of bard's mitigation isn't impacted by expert & bard already heals for a lot without it.

For meter gain, wealth rune & tripods from gear help immensely. Tripods significantly increase meter gain. Higher swiftness can help. Cooldown gems help because you can use your meter builders more frequently.

Awakening 3 helps because you can use your awakening more frequently (use the 2nd awakening that gives a big aoe shield). It gives almost a full meter.

Cooldown gems help a lot by giving you way better uptime on your buffs & healing stuff.

Not really sure when you should get gear. The market is in turmoil due to the honing buff and pass. 1370 was an okay time but prices are super inflated. 1415 is nice for tripods because you can build a +4 set on primary stuff through the inventory system. Until then, I'd hoard useful tripod purple/legendary gear and transfer stuff through the inventory system (don't bother eating items yet).
There are also some situational skill swaps that you can do. For example if you don't need the mobility + personal shielding from charge, you can run something like Light of Judgment or Holy Area. There is also some switch you can do that requires using Godsent Law to apply synergy while dropping light shock, but I don't like that one.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Khorne posted:

clown not being august is baffling

we're getting it slower than KR did and slower than some other regions

at the same time, this gives me a ton of time to get multiple alts into clown range and to get my 2nd roster & maybe even a 3rd roster ready

I'm still playing catchup with my main at 1402 so I have no issues with clown being later. I probably won't be at that gear level in September anyways since my play time will drop drastically on Monday.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RoboCicero posted:

God, I think I hosed myself with my 4x3 setup such that there's no easy way to transition to 5x3 without completely swapping out every piece of my equipment and getting legendary engraving books. Only need to save up something like 400k gold to do so :shepicide:

The lowest possible setup for 5x3 that doesn't require rolling a 15+ point stone (<5%) is full relic accessories, one legendary engraving book, and a 7/7, 9/5, or 10/4 stone (roll the stone before buying too many accessories so that you know what you need). 8/6 doesn't work without a second gold book since there is no way to evenly get from 8 to 15 without wasting points.

Rationale:
5x 5/3 accessories: 40 points
Gold book: 12 points
Purple book: 9 points
Stone: 14 points
Total: 75 points

kirtar fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 18, 2022

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Devor posted:

One step further and create an Idle game that uses the botter api, then sell IAP currency for the idle game

May as well integrate a gacha as well at that point.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MarcusSA posted:

I haven't played for a while but I'm down for this.

I also guess I should log in and see if I'm banned lmao

You probably would have gotten an email or notification from Steam if you did since that's how people noticed it.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I said come in! posted:

Weekly Chaos Dungeon Part 3 shows as completed on all of my characters, but I know I didn't do that weekly. Is this a bug?

Is that the one that got disabled as part of the bot prevention measures?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rexicon1 posted:

They disabled a dungeon because the bots were so bad? Holy moly

They got rid of one of the weekly una quests related to chaos dungeons presumably because bots were using those to get una gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

avoraciopoctules posted:

Artist is coming out soon? Maybe I should give Lost Ark another look, I remember really enjoying a few of those single player dungeons even if most of the game felt like a slog. Having more fancy mage classes to try out would be pretty neat!

The summoner got released in our version in December, right? How does the current version of that play?

Artist is out on next update (i.e. this week).