Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I haven't been following the game super closely, but have been watching it for the last few weeks and I have to say, I think I'm equally excited. It looks like a lot of fun to play and seems to do a good job mashing together that Action RPG style with MMO. I'm hoping it will be a good experience co-op with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Is there not a video that just goes over the classes and how they play without getting into super try-hard ranking or focusing on PvP? I feel like I have some ideas on class, but it'd be nice to hear more about how each class plays.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That last one is perfect. Thank you.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Those in-depth class videos were great.

I'm thinking probably Paladin, which seems like a popular choice. Or maybe Artillerist/Sorcereress. Gunlancer looks surprisingly fun to play as well.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

dreffen posted:

But you forgot Gunlancer.

It's funny, I almost put the fact that I didn't like Gunlancer's ascetic. It's just a little too over the top for me, something I think I am going to find is the case a lot in this game. Like, I'd like to play Sorcereress, but the outfits and voice acting seem a bit... much.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sounds like the wife is rolling a Sorceress, so I think Paladin for me. Hopefully the shields and the like will help give her a bit more of a HP buffer when we are duoing.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Has a server been decided upon yet? Haven't had time to join the Discord.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So what's the trick to making sure Steam starts unlocking a game quickly? Can't think of any time I've been sitting waiting for it to unlock.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

RIP

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

they should have unlocked a day before and left the servers offline

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

This is a pretty drat smooth launch tbh

Agreed, no problems so far other than that Steam snafu. I suspect if they would have unlocked and let the servers stay offline until release it would have been pretty much perfect.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

I still have to sit through work but after thinking on it I am probably going to start on Gunner, though I am still split on Gunslinger and Artillerist. This is one of those games where classes are genderlocked and I need to basically decide on character creation, right?

Yes, classes are genderlocked. Gunslinger is female, Artillerist is male. It's very obnoxious and I don't understand why they don't just let you choose your gender per class.

[edit: vvvv thanks for the correction vvvv]

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 8, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

There's a cutscene early on where you watch your character walk away and any female character does a loving catwalk walk away. Makes it even more obvious because the male characters are also in frame walking like normal human beings. A lot of the outfits are heavy on "fan service" as well. Kind of a bummer, I think it's impacting how much my wife is enjoying the game. Me too, if I'm being honest.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It sounds like you might have packetloss.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Bardeh posted:

After the cool castle siege bit the game dumps another like 50 systems and currencies on you and I dont know wtf is going on.

Yeah that hour or two after the siege was real rough. Just an absolute boring slog.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I just... I still don't understand how you make massive changes an hour or two before launch when you've had poo poo running and have had plenty of time to tweak. Whoevers decision that was is an idiot.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

little bobby tables

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

even on an SSD on a fast computer it takes forever

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

This whole some servers are locked thing is a bummer. Bunch of us have to choose between playing with friends or rerolling.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

You can at least double tap skills to trigger instead of skill -> click.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Space Butler posted:

How far in do I have to get before my poor gunner lady gets to put on some trousers?

A friend did eventually find pants for their Gunner. No idea how long he was able to keep them before having to switch back to booty shorts.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I hope I never ever have to do these quests again because the leveling is atrocious.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The leveling experience just needs to be more interesting. I can't imagine anyone going through it and being like "this is good." It needs a lot more of those set pieces and less running around talking to people. [edit: also some content to do with your friends while leveling would be nice. I don't know if any of you are trying to level co-op, but it's super painful.]

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 14, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

d0grent posted:

I got the hover board mount twitch drop but it says it's a character bound item and idk which char I want it on yet... how long can I keep it in my mailbox?

The item you use is bound to a character, but once you use it it goes to pet storage, which is shared between characters (on the same server?).

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Deki posted:

I just did that myself. I was starting to get a bit bored of how simple the main quest chain was, this whole scenario kicked rear end (beyond the PC getting chumped in a cutscene for the 200th time).

That setpiece kicked rear end, I was kind of getting bored with a lot of the game, hoping there's more like that in the later levelling.

The only problem with this set price is that the next 2 hours of gameplay is a tremendous slog while it inundates you with a bunch of new, boring mechanics. Left me with the thought of "why isn't the whole game just these set pieces, the rest of the questing is garbage."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Tei posted:

Too bad 21:9 play poorly to many things so if you don't play to play this game and only this game It may be more headaches than it deserve.

I've been using 21:9 for maybe about half a decade now and while I'm not sure this has ever been true, it certainly isn't a hindrance today. 21:9 is great, if someone can swing it, I sincerely recommend it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I really don't understand why the fun parts of this game are gated behind the most frustrating and mind-numbing nonsense.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I've had really good luck with matchmaking for Guardians and Abysal. What I will say is that I'm getting sick of is people going afk in the random story dungeons. Minor inconvenience to get through without that person, but then ontop of that not being able to skip any cutscenes. :argh:

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If someone wants to watch a cutscene, fine, I'll just tab out. But when the only person not voting to skip is AFK. :pressf: