Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Halls of Torment: How the hell do you get the Lightning Strike quests? I've never had a run go where it got above 1.2m-1.3m in damage, let alone anywhere in the same zip code as the 3m damage one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Doomykins posted:

That's the second time I've seen it asked so I'll chip in my two cents since I always take Lightning Strike if offered.

-Stack Attack Speed in general, then again via Lightning Strike traits
-Don't give up Attack Speed for Crits/Stuns
-Giving up Stun range for Damage/Crit is great
-Don't give up Base Damage for Electrify chance, vice versa is fine

Or in other words I don't care if LS does any stuns because I don't need extra CC that badly, I'm not interested in the crits it does, and I'm not relying on electrify for damage in case it counts that separately. I want my LS attacking absurdly fast.

You can get +25% attack speed up to 6 times, +.4 multi-strike up to 5 times, +20 Damage/Crit Damage up to 5 times, and +66 Base Damage at the cost of Electrify Chance up to 3 times. Get +Attack Speed general trait and +Damage general trait. Get Lightning Affinity general trait for the Crit/Attack Speed if you've unlocked it. +Crit Chance/Damage will technically give you more damage for it too, as will +Area, but they're secondary. Make sure your gear compliments it too, you could also pair it with a Warlock "No Primary" run for that achievement if you have the gloves for +66% secondary damage if you don't use your primary.

And as always Ghost Wall in Stage 3.

Awesome, thanks for this. Guess I should spend more time in stage 3. Also I just saw what the spellcaster's gloves do, so :v:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Having just watched the video about the guy who made VS - where does he get the time to do this too!?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boneraiser gets fun after a while but man does it feel lovely at first. Things like no invincibility frames on taking damage and being unable to outrun level 1 enemies until you get some upgrades makes the first few runs feel just extremely sluggish and unresponsive.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Speaking of HoloCure, if everything to do with vtubers and vtuber culture actively makes my skin crawl, can I just kind of pretend that part isn't a thing and play it, or does it really bash you over the head with the vtuber shtick and/or expect you to 'get it' to enjoy the game?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Gunlocked: Who the gently caress thought this menu system was okay?????

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Is Halls of Torment good again yet?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I was liking Death Must Die at first but then I got the second and third characters and the way they both talk makes me want to claw my skin off.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Azran posted:

Now I'm very curious to know how bad it is but I already refunded days ago lol

The second character talks with a bunch of >.> and :p type poo poo and the third in literal "wtf no u" speak.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Path of Survivors seems to function as an idle game decently well

This is one of the worst interfaces I have ever seen holy poo poo

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

It took me three DRG:S runs to figure out that, when you're doing the [Equip 4 Kinetic Weapons] type objectives, you can't overclock a weapon to another damage type like cold or electric, it overwrites it, not adds to it. Stuff like that really, REALLY needs to be conveyed better.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

Is it odd that one of the things i like about VS is I don't have to "spam" anything? I mean i can build so that the character spams axes or birds or something, but i never have to frantically tap a button.

Big fan of that

Hell no, that's the best part of these games. And is why any weapon you have to aim manually is hot butt sauce and I will never use it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Nordic Ashes has a serious ground clutter problem. A lot of big enemies and bosses have attacks that are ground targeted as a little fart cloud going toward you or a small purple marker, and even with only two or three weapons going off and enemies around you there is NO visual clarity to see any of it. I haven't gotten into the higher difficulties yet but I'm already getting super frustrated at randomly taking damage from something that was literally impossible to see, so I have to just know it's coming and how to avoid it ahead of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I don't even know what to call this genre; Survivor-likes or Bullet Heavens, but what would people say are the top tier ones? I've only played Vampire Survivors and Holocure and I wish the latter got as weird as the former, the levels are all just areas with obstacles or closed in for Halloween Castle and Gelora Bung Yagoo's case. Nothing gets as wild as the Astral Staircase or fighting the Directer or The Ender bosses.

I don't know if they're top tier necessarily, but the other ones I've played and enjoyed more than others are mainly Halls of Torment and Nordic Ashes. Deeprock Survivors is good but not great and I can't really recommend it yet.