Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

GOTG was one thing but I'm incredibly impressed with the Scandinavian glam bands he found that are perfect for this show and are finding their way onto my playlists.

I wonder if Wig Wam ever thought they'd have a song this well known.

Their agent fired them 5 days before episode 1 of peacemaker came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sarahmimms/texas-butterfly-sanctuary-trump-conspiracy

loving peacemaker

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

He has some nazi superscience because he is a nazi

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

I want Boomer to show up in Suicide Squad 3 without explanation. Never acknowledge the events of the last one and if someone asks him about it he acts like they're insane for suggesting it happened.

dude it's captain boomerang

he always comes back

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

They have a big pile of helmets now and it's the final showdown. Is every member of the team gonna wear a different helmet?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fartington Butts posted:

Who gets the scabies one?

they have to put it on the cow

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Peacemaker seems like he would be a pretty decent guy if he wasn't so hosed in the head, and the show kinda backs that up.

Makes me think of the monstar catch up article.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2016/11/monstars-where-are-they-now-space-jam/

quote:

He reads me headlines from Breitbart, InfoWars, and the Drudge Report and frequently asks if I’d like another beer. I always do. I decide that Bang’s okay, he just has a rotten soul.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The butterflies were completely and totally defeated by a group of five total fuckup humans with no superpowers. And Eagly.

Given they couldn't overcome even this slight resistance, they had no plausible way of overcoming institutional power.

Perhaps the butterflies would have been successful if - instead of attempting an autocratic takeover and acting as literal parasites upon the working class- they had joined forces with humanity as equals to usher in a dictatorship of the proletariat.

Sadly their bourgeois nature - exemplified by their disdain for measures which would improve the lives of the general populace (populism) was their downfall, and caused the deaths of hundreds of innocents and also some cops.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

I forget, what was Waller's motivation for planting the crazy diary in Peacemaker's trailer?

once he takes out the butterflies they send in the cops and lone gunman him

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

The second part definitely feels glossed over. Wasn't there a computer screen showing a massive worldwide infection? It'd be a shock when a large number of the population dies off suddenly.

that was 'suspected' butterflies so could be accurate or not

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MokBa posted:

Vigilante was palling around with Peacemaker before the latter went to prison so I think we can assume the character is in his late twenties at the youngest. He’s just a very enthusiastic sociopath who’s emotional and mental maturity are trapped in adolescence.

and physical maturity as well, he started puberty in his 20s

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Warbird posted:

Wait is that why he was on the eat poo poo team? I thought they were doing some reboot thing. Didn’t Boomerang get merc’d in the first one too?

he always comes back

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

He could have just as easily been a middle manager at S.T.A.R. labs/a basic engineering guy whose nazi gang stole a bunch of poo poo and knew just enough to repurpose bits of tech he swiped into more portable forms

Edit: I mean, there's superscience everywhere, it's comic book land. Even someone with middling tech skill in that kinda environment would be able to work things we'd consider miracles.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Everyone posted:

I think it kind of depends on the situation. If you Tweeted "Maybe Peacemaker can show up on Harley Quinn?" to Kaley Cuoco and Justin Halpern that'd probably be fine. If you sent them your 400 page fanfic screenplay about Peacemaker on Harley Quinn (and they provably read it), that would probably screw with them doing anything that resembled anything in that screenplay.

The only known case of this allegedly happening involved Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series. As it turns out, she lied about it loudly to all her author friends, and was also an incredibly evil person for unrelated reasons.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

Medusa is far too attractive, I dispute this whole 'a visage so hideous it petrifies you' thing. Seen far worse down the local night spot.

"That was a mistranslation, but I do make men rock hard."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Superman is THE superhero to build your cinematic universe around.

Never mind Batman standing over there, looking dejected with the half-dozen recent-ish blockbuster hits under his belt. And please don't look at the last cinematic universe we built around Superman, we didn't mean to do it like that!

We are batmanned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"I was fighting Mussolini"

"Weren't the Italians totally worthless in WWII?"

"Yes, I did do a good job, didn't I?"