Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I still can't get over that the voice actress who portrays Aloy also portrays Tiny Tina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ace Transmuter posted:

Also Parvati in Outer Worlds

Which is on my list after this game.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Does anyone think POSEIDON will be the "lead" GAIA AI in this expansion, with the introduction of swimming?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

exquisite tea posted:

Sony games typically have their reviews drop 3-7 days in advance. Even Days Gone, which was the last Playstation exclusive to have kinda middling reviews, got a 24-hour notice. Review copies have already gone out so they must be pretty confident in giving the critics almost 3 weeks to play it.

Am I the only person who wants a Days Gone 2? It was a middling game but it was a lot of fun too and set up a unique world I still recall bits/locations from.
I felt has a lot of potential with the right backing.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Deformed Church posted:

It's a shame the grapple animation in the robot dinosaur game isnt realistic enough.

I can't deal with the fact that the writers of the first game believed humanity could solve the climate crisis.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I hope there continues to be a purposeful lack of romantic options for Aloy. Just let a girl save the world.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

exquisite tea posted:

Just as a heads up, there are a couple small leaks making their way around the internet right now (menu screen, etc.) that will probably balloon as the review embargo lifts. After February 14th it's basically going to be open season on spoiler dodging.

This would be a good time to start logging out of your Horizon-facing media accounts if you're worried about seeing something ahead of time, as this is a game that will probably be very easily spoiled. I won't be posting any leaked content ITT!

Fake spoilers. Go.

Aloy will be able to tame and ride a Glinthawk.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Saint Freak posted:

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Initiative.

You laugh, I'd play the gently caress out of this.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Fireclaw, not firewall!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Kazzah posted:

Apparently there is a leaked review from a Chinese site that claims there's a flying mount in the new game.

I read this as flying mutant and my mind spun off in all kinds of plot directions.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

IcePhoenix posted:

pull up, thread

The Thread That Fell.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Lore question - from the video logs it sounds like the Rocky Mountains and parts of the American West were the last redoubts before Zero Day. Is there any lore/evidence that humanity managed to set up cradles and cauldrons anywhere else in the world?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I think someone said that Guerilla was so surprised by the reception to Zero Dawn that they curtailed making more DLC's so they could jump right to the next game.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My friend just asked me to explain "gently caress Ted Lasso" to him.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

We screaming “gently caress Ted Lasso” till the death of us. Though I’ll admit that Ted Lasso would have been a lot kinder when killing all the alphas. He probably would have given a motivational speech so moving that they would have begged him to suck all the air out of the room.

I could see Jason Sudekis playing Ted Faro live-action, or voicing him if Netflix did an animated adaptation.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
How do you zoom in and out of the map on PS5?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I feel like I'm missing a lot of datapoints out in the wild. The ones I do stumble across though, holy poo poo (No Man's Land spoiler - The FAE not going off and the Black Box about how they should have died in the crash).

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Frustration (spoiled for creature type).

I can't get a Widemaw jaw/tusk to save my life. They're only unguarded for a short time and I can never knock the surrounding parts off quickly enough.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Spoiler - The AETHER quest.

Talk about the Mountain That Fell.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I really like how the designers took the love for robot dinosaurs from the first game, and just absolutely tripled down on that

There are so many new models of robots, Harmony Gold is filing an injunction.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The one thing that really grinds my gears about this game is the constant NPC chatter during combat.

GEMINI - "Aloy, Beta needs help! Aloy, keep that machine away from Beta!" "Aloy, are you hurt?" Guys, I'm getting bodied by two machines in the far corner, give me a minute!

Boomer - "Use the thrower!" "Throw a disc at it!" Dude, it's a Shellsnapper, give me a second to drop some traps and wear it down a bit!

On the other hand - The Wings of the Ten - that quest coming right after the first one I mentioned was INCREDIBLY cathartic.

Edit - and NPC comment - Alva rocks and I hope we get more about them and where they come from in the third game.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
On the ongoing topic of Thebes.

I wouldn't have minded if Ted's corpse was found somewhere with a holopoint that he died alone, forgotten, and pathetic instead of defiant I don't mind the "you don't see it so your imagination can fill it in" angle. I expected a tentacle or something to grab Aloy/Ceo/the torch-bearing Quen and we'd get a Resident Evil style boss fight, and I'm glad they didn't go that route. His fate satisfied me. I went from "gently caress Ted Faro" to "gently caress, Ted Faro..." and then back to "Nope, gently caress Ted Faro."

But I did like that he always try to justify his actions - he wanted to see Elisabet's 'kids.' And being worshipped by them would simply be a natural extension of their existence.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Beat the game yesterday. Loved it. Will definitely NG+ it and get the DLC's when they drop. I'm hoping they involve Elysium and/or CYAN in some capacity.

Spoiler for the final quest - When Beta unleashed HEPHESTUS into Far Zenith's gray goo machine factory, I yelled "WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH, MOTHERFUCKERS" watching the Slaughterspines and Thunderjaws tearing poo poo up. It felt like Zero Dawn proving their way was better than Far Zenith's.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Datapoints question - Are there a few that are missing? I'm using guides/YouTube to find the ones I missed and there's a couple that don't seem to pop up.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Expansion Thoughts.

I think they'll be at least two DLC's this time out - one where we go to the Quen homeland exclusively (it'll be a truly separate area, you take a boat to get there and can't go back until you're done, and the game will warn you) and one involving Hoover Dam (I think this one is the "Flame and Brine" datapoint).

Sequel Thoughts.

I think VAST SILVER is still out there. Maybe it's in Elysium, or maybe it's in a truly off-the-grid storage system. I could see someone like Travis Tate tracking it down and using its processing power to beta test HADES off-the-books, so it has some idea what's going on post-Zero Dawn.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Falukorv posted:

What machines do you find the hardest to fight? After having fought everything, I gotta hand it to apex fireclaws.

Clamberjaws. Can't draw a bead on them, can block you from food and potions.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Falukorv posted:

How come the sea-levels are so high in zero dawn world?
Has been a thousand years of post-glacial rebound, only major explanation i can see is a greenhouse earth scenario where there are no ice caps locking up water, but Frozen Wilds kind of speak against that scenario.

All the dead Horuses and human naval ships in the water are causing volume displacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Honest Game Trailers did a video for the game. Spoilers, but it's pretty spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fimU0o6w2KY