Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I stooped watching Raised By Wolves because I realised the only thing I was really moved in any way by was the lovely title sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WVDcxrRJ_M

And I looked the artist up and she did another opening sequence for a very similar show that that was my favourite part of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ytp8jv66co

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I like Brolin completely trying to ignore his cosmic hole and having no idea what it's deal is in Outer Range despite getting shoved down into an alternate Nazi world by his rambler and then shot in the leg after being told by his alternaye reality wife that he's dead and has to run and diving back into the cosmic hole under insane amounts of gunfire from A Military. He's really not concerned. He's just like 'well that was a thing but I got a ranch to run and a family to help out'
He just approaches his rambler and is like "hey... cut that out"

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 22, 2022

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Man's greatest hole.the self

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

How many people in hollywood have foot things goďdrat

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Tokelau All Star posted:

Watching Flubber and this movie has a murderer's row of bad guys: Shawshank guard captain, Arlo Givens/the jerk who tried to screw the Jamaican bobsled team, Buffalo Bill, Shooter McGavin, Wesley Crusher . . .

This is what happens to people who call Clancy Brown "the prison captain from Shawshank"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B203twyaMfM

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

precision posted:

spoilers: life ends on a cliffhanger :v:

Devastating

I'd do a cartoonist's goodbye to my mum and then say something rude to my dad in hell

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 8, 2022

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I didn't care much for the white lotus but it was a pretty funny choice to have graphic full frontal male nudity and dudes banging but like one brief shot of a boob

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Predator was close to forty years ago

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

She already had a bunch of shows a while ago, which are all available on youtube, pretty much the same format, along with the Charlie Brookers Yearly Wipes, with her and Shitpeas as talking heads which were hour long annual specials in the 2010's. Also available on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc4evkC33rs

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 12, 2023

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

mcmagic posted:

The NIXIUM episode of Swarm goes hard man lol. I'm enjoying this hosed up show more and more as I watch. I'm 5 in now.

It gets weirder!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

They're better, the chimps are adult people with differing ideas about what to do with the remnants of humanity

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I'm sure it's great or whatever but every time someone tries to sell that movie with a clip it just looks even worse to me.

Personally I like a sick nonsensical dance sequence in my Indian movies, might just be me

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I found It kind of jarring when Tarsem Singh did it in his snow white adaptation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqVf4dMaka4

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Enos Cabell posted:

Just finished s1 of The Leftovers, and yeah, you guys were right. What a fantastic show, if it keeps getting better I'm in for a treat.

I really enjoyed the ending of that show. There's that thing like Lost and I think From is probably gonna do where the ending is confusing and unsatisfying for this tantalisingly mysterious premise, Leftovers stuck the landing. Pleasantly surprised

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

My mom let me see it since I read the book first. I was 6 :cool: It's still easily one of my favorite movies, and not just for nostalgia. The special effects are still good, even the CGI and especially the practical effects, the story works, and it has this shot

ILM basically made up how they do modern CGI for it. Phil Tippet was pissed because he was on the team to make the effects in stop motion and got replaced by nerds revolutionising movies

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/samxmcgowan/status/1663349972778246144

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

FUBAR's kinda fun. It's True Lies as a sit-com, which must have been how it was pitched, Tom Arnold's even in it.

It's also intentionally silly with the rules of what the CIA does. The most egregious example is they catch a guy and the boss says "lucky for us he's an enemy combatant so the geneva convention doesn't apply to him"

That is literally the main thing the geneva convention applies to and he wasn't an enemy combatant he was an arms dealer

Arnold is godawful, and it takes you out of the drama of anything going on but in a vaguely charming way. Brando disinterestedly doing poo poo off cue cards vibes

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 7, 2023

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I've never heard of the show. I know Perry Mason, there were like a hundred books about that character. But I guess it's an old people thing and old people are bad at streaming

Took me like an hour to set up a sports streaming service for my grandma to watch Netball on because she had to rifle through papers to find her passwords and stuff and most of them were wrong

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Slashrat posted:

Does the quality of the humor significantly improve past the first episode?

I'd initially been excited about the show (though I had thought it would be a movie rather than a series), but ended up bailing halfway through the first episode because the acting was so bad and the humor just didn't land often enough to make it bearable.

Nope, it's not very funny. I like it still

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

FUBAR got removed from Australian Netflix for some reason, kinda mad, hadn't finished it

E: oops, no it wasn't, just wasn't up for a technical little bit

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 9, 2023

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

BonoMan posted:

I felt very satisfied with the ending.

It was pretty cool and sad. Not very ambiguous and mysterious at all

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The king Kong anime Skull Isnand was pretty funny and neat. Surprising!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Spermanent Record posted:

One of the main characters is intensely offputting and irritating for the first few episodes. If you stick with it though, it all starts to mesh and we're fully invested in the mystery at this point (ep6).

People from Darwin are just like that, yah hosed tah death oval office

Same way they portray Tasmania as a mix of woke lesbians and yokels. good take!

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 24, 2023

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Most of the time it is. Liscencing gets in the way of stuff, and Disney is famously a bastard about liscence

They call the seventy five year post death intellectual property cut off the Mickey Mouse Clause

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Spermanent Record posted:

Deadloch on Amazon
is absolutely fantastic! Thanks so much for that recommendation. Never would have found it otherwise.

I think this show will pick up a bigger fan base after it ends in a few weeks. It's an Australian comedy-mystery with some fantastic writing, hilarious side characters and a huge stumbling block for anyone who stumbles onto it.

One of the main characters is intensely offputting and irritating for the first few episodes. If you stick with it though, it all starts to mesh and we're fully invested in the mystery at this point (ep6).

I only just noticed it was wrote and produced by the Kate's! Love those dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UZJRR8OHhY

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Deadloch has the funniest closing scene I ever saw

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Twisted Metal's not a good show but as someone who can barely parallel park stunt drivers are fuckin' wild to me me

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

its so easy. It's literally just pull up parallel to the car and back into your spot. I couldn't figure it out for years until someone just said that lol. It's almost like it does the work for you lol

My brother drives like a maniac and it's pretty cool. You actually feel like G-force when he turns a corner, insanely over the speed limit

He drives like it's a getaway car all the time

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 29, 2023

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

I saw Oppenheimer tonight, and realized that because it was released by Universal, a Comcast company, then it's probably going to end up on Peacock when it finally goes to streaming, and that doesn't feel right to me.

I haven't seen it but I think the Bomb was worse

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Errol Flynn was a wild one. Before he became a movie star and gave every teen girl in hollywood siphylus he was a straight up slaver and took an Indonesian teen as a wife after her village was massacred

He was my great grand uncle and it was kind of a point of pride for my Nan. Didn't ruin it for her after I learnt

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 31, 2023

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

The teenager loving came from a lot of different sources though

Yeah one of them was from a straight up court case that the kid lost because they just said she was a young harlot and he was a red blooded guy and whom amongst us, it's the forties baby

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

nonathlon posted:

This is from a faint memory, but the spy accusations came from some trashy biography, which also tried to label him as gay. Based on what was extremely thin evidence, the sensational story stuck around longer than you'd expect.

I definitely believe he'd suck a dick on a whim but he seems far too dumb for spycraft

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Shageletic posted:

Oh he went ahead and did a Chuck Berry

So Errol Flynn burned down Indonesian vollages wtf is the story behind that

He was a blackbird

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackbirding

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Orvin posted:

I think part of what makes Fury Road so great is that they filmed a lot of it on location with real people on real vehicles. It makes the film look beautiful in a way that CGI just can’t quite get. Admittedly the couple of CGI shots in the movie really stand out, but I will take the hokey looking shot of the steering wheel flying into the middle of the screen near the end if that’s what it takes to get the rest of the movie.

They destroyed a chunk of nature reserve in Namibia shooting it but honestly, I'm fine with that if it gave us fury road

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Miller can't be bought, he makes a movie when he feels like it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah and tbf Raid could've some fictional drugs those are always fun
It's called SPEW, man, the latest stuff on the street...it makes you SEE ANOTHER WORLD

Also magic guns and a psychic

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I never watched Mr. Inbetween because it looked like a pretty boring crime drama from the promos, but I put it on offhandedly today while I was doing other stuff and its hilarious and very good and I'm in to it and will watch it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

isaboo posted:

It's very good and funny and just the right length

when you're done with that, watch Wayne

Mr inbetween himself is a fuckin fantastic actor, I'm surprised he hasn't really shown his chops off before his fifties, looking at IMDB he's been a behind the scenes guy for a long time

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

My mother got super into Mr Inbetween and found the pilot movie from fifteen years ago called the Magician
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn99Y3sXweU

It's pretty funny, Mr Inbetween's next door neighbour is a film student and makes a documentary about him

Also strange terse homoeroticism

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Shageletic posted:

Original Wilfred? I honestly forget if that was good

It was pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESCpSix1Js