Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The new season of Ozark is just "part 1" right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man Ozark is a good show but it needs to be like half as many episodes. So much filler.

That ending though

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nihonniboku posted:

The trailers for season 1 just looked like a The Good Place rip off, with an uncharismatic lead that it just didn't look interesting. Is it actually good?

I liked it but I honestly can't remember much about it other than the premise.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I was planning on going to see Nightmare Alley next week, but guess that's not necessary now. It dropped on HBO Max and Hulu.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You like Reservation Dogs because it's a great loving show, one of the best of 2021.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

I’m on board but kinda loling at them shooting Netflix ads in the middle of filming their movie scenes

HAhahahahah I had the exact same thought. "Okay Chris, that was great, we just need to do one more take..."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

the last boondocks was just, god awful

I remember really loving the first two seasons and Aaron McGruder as a person, and then he seemed to start to turn into a wacky dude and the last season of the show I stopped watching two episodes in.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

McGruder wasn’t involved in the last season of the show. It’s a large reason why it sucked so much.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. I can't remember the specifics of why I thought McGruder became crazy so I might just be dumb.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

doctorfrog posted:

I'm bored enough and Murderville is playful enough that I'm able to overlook my usual dislike for LA improv comedians and enjoy it.

I found the Sledge Hammer series run on DVD at my local library, gonna watch that starting this week as well.

FWIW Sledgehammer is on YouTube.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAPGcD5LGrp4g9pNQVn-UGl7IuZ9cgiD-

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

Finished Boba Fett, baffling at how they made an enormous fight sequence in Tatooine featuring two jet packed bounty hunters laying waste to a crime syndicate boring. Thirteen year old me would be very disappointed.

Was just telling a friend how angry young medullah would have been when I told him how dull I found a show about Boba Fett. It's not bad, just meh He'd also be angry at how fat I got, but that's neither here nor there.

I think I'm at the point now where I almost don't care about Star Wars media about existing characters in the franchise. They have such a fantastic world of lore to work from and we're just hitting the same beats over and over again. I'm more excited about the return of Robocobb than I am about Ashoka or Kenobi.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

kazil posted:

lol literally everything is set on Tattoine

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mod squad is just Voltron lions with Black Krrsantan being the torso.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I unironically love Equilibrium. Though really I love a Youtube video someone put together of all the good fight scenes set to something like Linkin Park. But it sadly got taken down a couple years ago for copyright infringement.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

"No. Not without incident" is definitely one of my favorite lines in a bag movie.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Not streaming (Paramount+ also has missing episodes) but Vudu has the complete series bundle available for digital purchase for $20

Oh snap thanks, was wondering the same thing as OP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TheMopeSquad posted:

Yellowjackets has a great soundtrack too love they had a Portishead song that wasn't Roads or Sour Times.

As an old man that graduated in 94 the music really, really hits me. I also feel creepy as hell because emo Natalie was totally the girls I was into and it brings back memories

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Ah geez. Just another reminder to never meet your heroes, folks

He's finally becoming the man all my Trump worshipping family members think he is with the memes they post

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

God Hole posted:

how does Reacher stay jacked when he's a vagrant who spends his entire life on greyhounds and in motels. the dumbbells they offer in those "gyms" never go above 35 lbs

HAhahahah I thought the exact same thing throughout. Like "The Rock eats 10 pounds of salmon a day with two hours in the gym, what is this dude doing, killing local wildlife and bench pressing cars???"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

precision posted:

yeah I was definitely thinking about Raw while I watched it. i should watch that again.

i made the extremely dubious decision to start Legends of Tomorrow as a show to put on while playing games, since it's 7 seasons long and probably not something one needs to pay attention to, and it's actually great for that purpose. it's one of those old style serial scifi shows like Sliders and it kinda owns

Season 1 of Legends is atrocious, like almost no redeeming factor and it takes itself way too seriously. It should have been cancelled.

But it wasn't, and the writers said "Hmmm, I think this is a bad, cheezy show so let's go all in" and it quickly became one of my favorite shows ever. So when you're watching it and saying "God the Hawk people are boring" understand it becomes a different show entirely that many of us adore.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I had forgotten just how much penis was in the old jackass movies. Though I think this one was definitely excessive.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I have a very low level Vizio TV from 4 years ago, and some janky-rear end internet service, and it's incredible the difference between the various apps:

Hulu, Apple TV+ - They absolutely hate my TV. They'll play maybe one episode of a show, maybe, then completely poo poo the bed for no reason I can see.

HBO MAX, Disney+, Paramount+ - These mostly seem to be friends with my TV, though occasional arguments arise.

Netflix, Prime Video - They just play stuff with no backtalk and it's great. No errors, no buffering, no poo poo.

I have a LG that was keeping up for a bit but I finally threw in the towel and got a Fire stick (and like 500 Chromecasts I've gathered through the years). Now I feel dumb for waiting, it's so much faster than the native apps.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So.... The Bubble is awful right? Like I'm about an hour in and it seems like it's just Apatow letting his daughter do TikTok dances

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I haven't watched it yet, but him just using his influence to try and make his daughters famous seems pretty on brand.

I almost never turn a movie off, sunken cost and all, but yeah right after I posted I shut it off. Such a shame because it has a great cast but it really seems he just got everyone together and they're improvising while his daughter makes TikToks

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

Me usually. What channel is it on

Netflix but I'm begging you to not watch it. Well that is unless you love the idea of his daughter being a TikTok star leading the rest of the cast in a dance number unironically.

Edit - And I like a good dance number, to be clear, but framed in a portrait mode TikTok grainy filter, no.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Does Severance have a dangling twist? Is everything wrapped up by the last episode? It sounds really good but if there's some endless mysteries or cliffhangers then fuuuuuuuck that

A MIRACLE posted:

Nobody knows yet last episode is this week I think

I think it's safe to say it definitely won't wrap everything up and will definitely have a cliffhanger. And even if it does solve all the mysteries it's introduced it will introduce more. I don't think this is quite :lost: levels but it's a long haul show for sure.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I like that in Severance the audience knows so much more than the characters do, so it's enjoyable watching the mysteries present themselves. Better than :lost: where it was just mystery after mystery and we didn't know any more than the characters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

From is guilty of the "nothing is explained and more mysteries are introduced" :lost: cliffhanger, but I really wasn't expecting it to answer anything. I just hope it's a planned out series with answers that will pay off scenes from season 1.

Severance has a "cliffhanger", but it absolutely answered questions. You know more about what's going on than you do in the first episode.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ruddiger posted:

It’s wild that there’s a new Scream movie out but none of the other scream movies are available for streaming.

Makes about as much sense as HBO max having all the nightmare movies except for part 4 and paramount having all the Friday the 13th movies except for parts 3 and 4.

They're on Starz but yeah, no REAL streaming service

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bananaquiter posted:

I'm now 3 for 4 on horrifying sex scenes that nobody wanted on Apple+, who is running this platform?

You just need a good palette cleanser. Go watch episode 4 of a Brand New Cherry Flavor

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BonoMan posted:

Can we spoiler Batman talk? It’s a brand new movie.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man, came across Bill Burr Presents Immoral Compass on the Roku channel and I am DYING laughing. Episodes are less than 10 minutes and are basically two dark comedy sketches with Bill as the Cryptkeeper

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Somebody should start a streaming network with the blockbuster name and logo, it could still work

e oops, they consigned themselves to dish network purgatory forever, never mind

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1517554334560665602?t=OQXLRzsYdXuZnyKvVyfsmg&s=19

Blockbuster Plus is a pretty funny Twitter account, close enough.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

One of the interesting things here is that on Playstation, you can search for a movie and it shows you all the services it's on. It's actually pretty convenient.

Plex just added a feature like that (Discover). Search for a movie and it will show you the apps that have the show/movie you're looking for. If you're using it on PC you can click and it will load it up on the appropriate site.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Sounds like Kodi or a similar program. Kodi on firesticks was super popular a few years ago, was a pain to update though

My aunt bought a Firestick at a flea market for $100 and was raving about how great it was that she could watch any movie she wanted. I offhandedly mentioned that it was still technically piracy and she flipped out thinking the FBI was coming for her. Heh, good times.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

mystes posted:

I was very confused by this sentence and how someone would buy a used fire stick for $100 but I guess it was one of those things where it's preloaded with software for piracy?

Right, sold as a "Use this and get all movies for free!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

There was a golden era of DirectTV hacked cards that unlocked literally every channel and PPV. Was famously stopped on Black Sunday, a week before the Super Bowl in 2001, when DirecTV activated a kill code that fried every hacked card.

https://blog.codinghorror.com/revisiting-the-black-sunday-hack/

This poo poo was a nightmare when I worked at Best Buy because people would open the sattelite boxes and steal the cards to hack, and we literally couldn't sell or return them to the vendor so we had to send brand new satellite boxes to our scrap facility and lose money.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Season 4 part 2 of Ozark hit today, I had no idea it was coming. Hopefully it is better than part 1, I was really bored watching it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Field Mousepad posted:

I have a nice little collection of my favorite movies that I've bought on YouTube that I can watch anytime on like 4 different devices and I am completely cool with buying one I know I'll watch several times.

10 years ago I said I would never buy digital only media. I was all about digital copies that came with Blu-Rays, but the idea of buying ONLY a digital copy was just abhorrent to me.

Nowadays, if I can't stream it or buy the digital copy, it's dead to me. God forbid I have to put a Blu-Ray in my PS5 or even worse, the only way it's available is DVD. *shudder*

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man, Ozark finale was just dour. I don't think I've ever watched a show that had a happy ending for the main characters that pissed me off more. I really wanted to see Wendy burn, but nope, they take Ruth instead. At least she had a great final line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I can't remember what thread it was in, but someone said it seemed like she was doing a stand up act during half her conversations in Russian Doll S2 and that pretty much nailed it for me.