Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Sex and the City spinoff is the most cringe TV show I’ve ever watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Euphoria: So many penises

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozark is just crack serialized TV in it's most pure and empty calories form.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

All of Us are Dead is another pretty good Korean show on Netflix. It's not going to be the same kind of hit that Squid Game was but I'm always down for original zombie content.

A MIRACLE posted:

The new boba fett episode was sweet

You know a show is kinda meh when BY FAR the best episode of the season is basically an episode of another, better show (that the titular character doesn't appear in) lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tokelau All Star posted:

I got a free trial of Paramount Plus to watch the AFCCG. Give me some good stuff to watch on there before I cancel it please.

It's truly garbage that you can watch games on FOX, ESPN, NBC and NFL Network streaming with just your cable subscription and CBS makes you buy their extra tier.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Euphoria this season is kinda bad. I don't care about any of the plot lines and it's basically just a really long music video that is very impressed with itself.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

We're like 3 episodes in. That first episode was fantastic with Cassie in the bathroom, it was scarier than any horror film I've seen in many years.

I think I posted here how much I liked the first episode. Just has been downhill since then IMO.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LifeLynx posted:

I finished All of Us are Dead. Very uneven, more YA than I thought it would be. It could have been cut by half if they didn't introduce that weird plot twist, because the only purpose the plot device served was to stretch the series length by introducing a new villain.

The 6 episode model for UK shows is highly underrated.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So Netflix is 20 bucks a month now huh?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Euphoria was just everything tonight lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Zendaya is getting an emmy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Cassie's spot getting blown up offhandedly after weeks of tense sneaking around made me legitimately laugh out loud

I expect this drug dealer situation to be resolved very abruptly by some contrivance though, it doesn't really seem like a show where the plot will get in the way of the vibes

The cassie scene was the best part of the whole episode. So soooo good. When she tells rue you have to take it one day at a time i almost spit out my coke zero.

All of us are Dead kinda peters out at toward the end and they tease a 2nd season that I have literally zero interest in.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 7, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Beforeigners completely goes off the rail in the last episode of the second season lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Was I the only one who was disappointed in the outcome of Nate's game of russian roulette on tonight's Euphoria?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

frogbs posted:

Can’t believe The Power of the Dog was nominated for so many Oscars. Especially from a story perspective was complete student film material, in my opinion.

The plot was kinda mid and predictable. I agree.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Everyone ignored my Beforigners post so I assume no one else is watching it but you should. It's good even though it gets silly at the end of the second season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Thoughts over the last 48 hours:

Fresh is on Hulu, I definitely think people should watch it
After Yang is on Showtime, I definitely think people should watch it
jeen-yuhs is on Netflix, I definitely think people should watch the first and second part

Fresh is hosed up!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

Watched Fresh last night. It was good, but it's been driving me insane trying to figure out who the main girl character looks like. She's got some Mary Elizabeth Winstead in there, but that's not who I'm thinking of.

She's very good in Normal People too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

Lol I’m watching fresh it’s pretty wacky

it's pretty funny that he cuts off her butt first and that is the only thing that ever gets cut off her so they never have to show her without an appendage or anything.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

God. Mrs Maisel season 3 is a complete bore. No stakes nothing interesting happens. They have no idea where to go with these characters Should’ve been one and done.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

isaboo posted:

hell yeah Fresh on Hulu is aces, lol

that last 20 minutes was some good poo poo

What? He's married?!

I don't recall seeing the two leads before but I recognize their names... what else have they been in that I should check out? I really liked both of them

Daisy Edgar Jones was in Normal People on Hulu and is very good in that as well. You should watch that. Sebastian Stan is the second most boring Avenger and was very boring in many different Marvel movies and TV shows but YMMV on those.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

I guess I will be the contrarian and say Fresh was...fine? I guess? It didn't go anywhere unexpected once the conceit of the movie was revealed. It just seems like extremely tame body horror that's going to get hype because people who don't watch hosed up movies are going to watch it and OMG this movie is so fuuuuuuuucked uuuuuuppp!!!!" There were much more explicit things in an episode of Hannibal and that was network TV.

Personally, I would have MUCH rather had the story of the woman who lost her leg to cannibalism, but then married and had kids with Sebastian Stan.

It does feel like it was WAYYYY less graphic than it could have been.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Papercut posted:

Finished Station Eleven, what an incredible show. The ending was perfect, I hope they never make another season.

Don't even bring up a second season that isn't happening. It's my favorite limited series in a good number of years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We're getting another season of the most cringe poo poo on TV, And Just Like That........

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The production values on the new Halo show compare relatively unfavorably to late 1990s era Sci Fi channel shows.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

Jesus loving christ, Severance is a piling trash heap of poo poo. For everyone who has seen people in this thread talk about how amazing it is because it provides answers, it's all lies. In 8 episodes, absolutely jack poo poo happens. No answers are provided. It's just mysteries built upon mysteries. Strange poo poo happens just to happen. Just as I thought we were about to see something happen in the final episode, it ends. gently caress Ben Stiller and gently caress this show. I watched 8 episodes on the promise that poo poo would happen and that it would get good. It never did.

I like Severance but I'm worried that they are going to end the season without any real exposition about what is going on and that would suck.

https://twitter.com/TVMoJoe/status/1511090386491437058

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Glottis posted:

the Severance finale was intense and ends on a massive cliffhanger. Adjust your expectations accordingly. It's huge progress for the story but does not answer everything.

So many great moments that were well earned, though. I especially loved how innie Mark considers his real brother in law to be a visionary and his brother in law was super confused

It really didn't advance the story from the cliffhanger from the previous episode. It was a very good hour of TV though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Winning Time is pretty uneven but it's kinda worth it just for Adrien Brody playing Pay Riley.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

I just finished the first episode of Ozark and it comes across as “Breaking Bad: Republican Edition”.

Ozark doesn't fare well dropping at the same time as new BCS episodes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There's just a lot of poo poo the Byrdes are juggling all the time it's overwhelming.

OMG the ending was so bad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I guess the point they were making at the end of Ozark was that basically every elite family in America did all the same poo poo that the Byrds did and got away with all of it which of course is true.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Watched the first episode of the new Star Trak show (Strange New Worlds) and I found it to be exceedingly cringeworthy in multiple places. The acting was fine, the visuals were nice, but man the plot was so incredibly convoluted and it seems like they crammed 5 episodes worth of story into 45 minutes. And then you have any moment of seriousness (the pilot features the crew making first contact with an alien species and saving them from annihilating their own world) completely undermined by the most eye rolling jokes imaginable. Star Trek doesn't have to be grimdark but it doesn't have to be whatever this is, either. Also the hairstyles are distractingly bad.

Star Trek has always been varying levels of cringe. The new Trek shows are like over the top woke too but this one is going to be the best of them by a good deal I think.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Keyser_Soze posted:

Even Kareem is making comments saying Jerry West was not that insane. It is an entertaining show, though.

Jerry West is a baby.

It's kind of a mid show in the way there is just a hard cap on how good anything Adam Mckay does.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I can't stand Natasha Lyonne which means I probably wouldn't like Russian Doll--though it sounds pretty cool.

I don't get not liking her. Child star who royally hosed up her life with drugs but had a nice comeback second act career in her 30s is pretty rad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I posed this in the other thread but the reveal in Old of pregnant Eliza Scanlon just strolling down the beach with Trent just struck me as hilarious and I'm glad I watched it just because of that. Movie was pretty bad though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Man, the original Top Gun is such a complete bore. No stakes, annoying characters and it's so obviously just stock footage of jets flying around cut with green screen of them in the cockpits. It really really really doesn't hold up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

IDK if I missed this discussion earlier in the thread but Pachinko is really great and Lee Min Ho is one charismatic motherfucker. When I started watching it I wasn't sure how they were going to drag it out for more than one season but now I can easily imagine it going to planned 4 without getting boring.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pachinko and For All Mankind are bangers too. Apple TV+ is "good".

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The parts of the new season of The Flight Attendant where she talks to the other versions of herself are really terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

precision posted:

so is Obi Wan Kenobi worth subbing to the Mouse or what

There is a hard limit as to how bad watching Ewan McGregor do literally anything for 2 hours can be. I enjoyed it.