Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

A MIRACLE posted:

My wife recently watched the series with me and we had to download them

Yeah community on netflix still has the first dnd episode removed (last I looked) because a guy paints his face to look like a dark elf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

precision posted:

hell yeah Pump Up the Volume got added to HBO. stone classic.

OH my God just put it in my veins.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Prime is such bullshit when it comes to forced dubbing, but so are a lot of streaming channels. Like apparently if I wanna watch Night Watch, Red Cliff, or basically any Hong Kong movie in its original language and not narrated by Movie Trailer Announcer Guy for an audience of complete dipshits I'm just poo poo out of luck.
It's basically ruined any Jackie Chan that exists out of the criterion channel

I saw police story was on HBO, is that dub only?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Can someone give me a blurb about how vikings ended? I think I missed the last session or two Ivar lost and fled kattegat I think was the last finale I saw.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Saw the first two episodes of yellow jackets last night and what the fuuuuuuck.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

lexxyth posted:

The best Marvel related thing Sebastian Stan has done are the interviews together with Anthony Mackie. They have great chemistry together and it’s too bad that can’t translate well in the movies/show https://youtu.be/ejNWE21tY4s
Shane Black needs to get these two for a Buddy cop movie.

But Hawkeye just did a Christmas setting.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wow that's a pretty big deal. Our house puts on random HGTV and food network stuff all the time.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm less enthused about NC17 De Armas Monroe after seeing Deep Water this week, a sexy thriller starring two very attractive people that was incredibly unsexy and nonthrilling, made more frustrating by the fact that you can see the pieces for a good movie there that just...never happens.

I haven't watched it but I think Affleck and De Armas had just broken up when they were filming that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I thought halo was good enough to keep watching. Some parts are a bit rough visually (some of the spartan movements felt very floaty and weightless) but it certainly looks like Halo.

I could also use less of helmet vision.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So, Degrassi the next generation is on HBO in its entirety. My wife had never seen it so I got to show off a few episodes of pure Canadian teen drama and she's hooked.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I have an older LG TV that stopped supporting plex and never had support for other stuff like HBO, so I picked up the newer chrome cast that's out there and it plays everything really well.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Started From last night on prime. It's really loving wild stuff from some Lost EP's. I'd say don't watch a trailer either, it's one of those "weird middle of nowhere towns" type settings.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

For me I'm all about the visuals in interstellar. Just a gorgeous movie.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Only watched the first episode but Tokyo Vice is pretty cool so far. I'm not sure if Michael Mann only directed the first episode but it's got his touch and I'm definitely excited to watch more.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I am incredibly done with Outer Range. It was leaning towards some weird poo poo (which I'm fine with) but I'm not a fan of mysterious characters speaking vaguely for the sake of being vague.

I don't know if that made sense but the end of this season just went right off the rails for me and I almost turned it off halfway through the finale. Curious to see what others think of it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Sock The Great posted:

I really liked it and was genuinely shocked by the end reveal, definitely looking forward to another season if its renewed.

I think it's the autumn character that's really putting me off. Which might be by design, but I don't think I'm going to keep watching. The ending was interesting though so who knows.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nah

It’s good

I enjoyed it but the first episode was a little overstuffed. The plot with the planet felt like pretty standard trek.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

smackfu posted:

All the grizzled 70s and 80s skateboarders are the highlight.

A reminder that gleaming the cube is on prime, I believe. Includes an actor that looks like Tony hawk!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I saw Akira on there a while back but thought it got taken down, glad to hear it's back up there.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm a huge Tolkien fan, loved the LOTR movies, read the Silmarillion 3-4 times, etc

I was the first Hobbit movie in theaters and it was so bad I lost all desire to see the sequels

The scene where they do twenty minutes of being chased/doing physical comedy in the goblin tunnels is possibly the nadir of cinema

I think I've mentioned it here but the bilbo edition is a pretty decent fan cut of the trilogy, it sticks pretty close to the books and ignores most if not all of what makes those movies terrible.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Using this opportunity to remind people the first season of From was really awesome and fills that king/lost series type hole.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I thought he was great in outer range. He was my favorite part about the show. But everything else got boring real quick and the Sci fi stuff took a far back seat, it just dropped off so fast for me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Worth noting many of the reviews for rings of power were a bit more positive than the EW article, but everyone only got the two episodes to review so it's kind of hard to say how it's going to turn out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think the bigger point is if you're already convincing yourself to hold off till the whole season is out for reviews, you'll be able to find enough reviews to convince yourself to not watch it at all.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is the weird al movie out? How do you go about watching it?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Sorry if this came up earlier but that's actual al Yankovic singing the parts in his movie right? I believe Radcliff could be that good, but it sounds real close.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

SCheeseman posted:

It's different, its own thing, and it's amazing for it. Not to say that the show isn't faithful to Lucas' intent, but the opposite; the latest arc even draws heavily from THX 1138.

That was my first feeling when setting the latest arc, but does this mean we get an American graffiti finale arc for andor?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think mythic quest comes back today, haven't had time to check yet.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I had a blast with bullet train but yeah it's very cheesy. Very Tarantino like, much in the same way smoking aces was twelve or whatever years ago.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Finished The sinner season 4 on netflix. Overall I thought it s pretty great, I liked it better than season two and three.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Finally finished his dark materials after seeing it came out. Really awful finale season with a couple fun moments. I'd already put the effort in years ago with the other seasons so I felt like I had to see how it ended, but I want that time back.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

A few cast members did a thing to announce the return of From season 2 on April 23.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Does anyone have any issues with prime channels not showing up? On our chromecast and TV app both, they don't show us having the discovery subscription. But my wife can go on her phone and pull up something from the subscription no problem. It's a very weird issue I haven't encountered before and can't find out why it's happening.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Watched the new night court pilot, it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. John Larroquette obviously is the high point but the judge and the bailiff were pretty fun too, the sets look like a courthouse that was slowly updated over the decades since the last show. Some characters hopefully will get a little more to work with but I think this could be a pretty fun show.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

isaboo posted:

I liked the first two Night Court episodes so far. Anything that puts Larroquette on my screen gets a fair shake.

I really hope we get to see Nostradamus Shannon, the Wheeler family, and Dan's buddy Phil.

Would also love to see the kid Harry was fostering for a little bit, that felt like it ended on such a down note.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Are you loving kidding me? Hulu canceled reboot. Wtf Hulu?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Man this is brutal, I really liked reboot. Thought it was pretty funny the whole way through, Paul reiser and Rachel bloom were really good working off each other.

It was rated pretty well too so it's a little confusing to see it get canceled but yeah, maybe someone at Hulu was a little too hurt by the jokes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Makes it hard to get friends to watch the show From when I have to tell them it's on a random rear end service called mgm+.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Shin Ultraman is so good.

Is it streaming anywhere in the states?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

precision posted:

The hunger games are bad, but dystopian fiction owns, so it kind of balanced out

Never went back to watch hunger games again but for some reason the maze runner movies really clicked for me, especially the last one.