Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I wasn't crazy about the first couple episodes of Reacher or the actor that played him either, but the series gets better as it goes on in my opinion and it actually manages to get pretty tense. They stick the landing, too. I was pleasantly surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Kimi is good, Soderbergh rules.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Quick question about Kimi why were there two recordings of the attack? The partial one she hears initially and then the version that starts when the killers enter the home?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

But why did the Kimi device create two recordings? Shouldn't the entirety of the attack have been on one recording?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Human Tornada posted:

But why did the Kimi device create two recordings? Shouldn't the entirety of the attack have been on one recording?

So wait apparently the first, distorted recording was of the initial sexual assault, and then the second longer one was the murder. I was under the impression that both recordings were of the murder, not two separate attacks.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

In the Reacher books he expressly doesn't work out, he's just naturally muscular. Parody is too strong a word but there's definitely a sly humor about the character. A behemoth American loner who loves the blues, diners, and frontier justice written by a British guy.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Tokyo Vice is good. It's kind of got four leads, and Elgort is easy enough to ignore. I hope it fares better than Luck!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Man the Tokyo Vice finale it was just kind of a bummer all around huh?

Josh Wow posted:

I've watched every episode of this on Shudder and have never come across this, you got any examples?

Joe Bob rules and the episode last night was great. I also highly recommend the valentine's day special from this year where they showed Black Roses and Frankenhooker.

I think I heard him crack some jokes once either in the first season or his first special for Shudder but that's it, and I don't really care, anyways. He seems like a decent guy, so what if the 70-year-old white guy on TV doesn't have perfect politics. He's the only reason I keep Shudder.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

The complaint about the aliens in Signs always seemed so stupid and nitpicky to me. Human beings go to dangerous or deadly places all the time in pursuit of something, or sometimes just for the hell of it. Even just standing outside on our own planet for too long burns our skin and gives us cancer.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

NeoSeeker posted:

Does anyone here Sub to The Criterion Collection? I'd personally recommend it highly as it seems to have every movie other streaming services don't have.
Are there any other more low-key services that would have a more underground collection? I'm seriously getting SICK of the HULU/NETFLIX drip feed.
I might go back to physical media at this point

Mubi might have what you're looking for.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Let Him Go is a pretty good slow-burn thriller starring Mr. and Mrs. Superman themselves Kevin Costner and Diane Lane.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

HBO has Executive Decision, I haven't seen it since it came out on VHS I forgot how much it owns. Really tense action thriller starring Kurt Russell John Leguizamo and a ton of other people. Don't let Steven Seagal scare you away.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

I don't understand why people feel they need to take such a binary stance on Walter White. Clearly he is a POS and a bad person, but it's not surprising that people think he's cool either. He does cool stuff, he kills bad guys you hate. You can't help but root for him a lot of the time, but he's also just as evil as any of the bad guys on the show. He might even be the worst one. That's kind of the whole reason he's an interesting character.

It feels good to tell yourself you're morally superior to the rest of the world.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I honestly think its a problem with the character. Skylar is incredibly boring, and all she does is get in the way of Walter doing interesting things. There is very little more to her beyond that. Its not very surprising that people hate her, and I don't think it really shows anything about their character.

It's always the characters that act the way a real person would act that annoys audiences. If you found out your significant other was manufacturing and selling drugs out of the blue, you'd probably try to talk them out of it and or take the kids and get as far away as possible. But we don't want to watch people being scared or safe or sensible, we want to watch people pulling capers.

I will say I recently rewatched the series and I was surprised at how flawed Walt was right from the beginning. He wasn't poisoning children or anything like that but the seeds of who he would become were all there.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

david_a posted:

Sell me on Justified. I don’t know a whole lot about the show. I’ve watched the first episode (which I liked well enough) so I know the basics. I’m trying to decide if I want to keep Hulu around for however long it’ll take me to get through all 70+ episodes of it or if I should rotate to another streaming service.

It's a solid B+ show about a US Marshall who really loves shooting people but he's so cool and clever that his boss and coworkers just treat him like the office rascal.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

New Soderbergh thriller mini-series Full Circle on Max is really good. The whole cast is great but CCH Pounder as the head of a Guyanese-American crime family is the standout.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

By the time he was in Nash Bridges his girlfriend was 18, which is much better than 14, but unfortunately she was a co-star who played his daughter.

Don Johnson was dating Jodi Lynn O'Keefe while they were filming that show? I used to watch it all the time, I had no idea.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I like to watch the credits for a minute or two, usually until the music changes, but there's really no reason to be so pompous about it.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Hush is good, worth a watch for any horror fan.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

We know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Yeah I'd say god awful about sums it up