Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The amount of little shots they are taking at AEW sounds extremely Not Mad On The Internet, and it's very funny

Pat McAfee and CM Punk making jokes about attendance numbers, Triple H yammering about people not wanting to work a tough road schedule...

Keep being salty, folks, definitely convincing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Literally A Person posted:

wait, is cm punk shilling for the rape slave company lol??

he dunked on the miz at one point on twitter saying that miz should suck a blood money covered dick in saudi arabia

and now was hosting the mania kickoff show alongside the miz and miz was making a funney joke about how he would never get a tattoo of the mania attendance number or anything, a jab at an AEW wrestler who did that not long ago

punk had to laugh at miz's joke despite his wife having the date of her world championship win tattooed on her

I then loled too

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

One last mania paycheck, huh Vince

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince also hates sleep and if someone tried to sleep on his private plane during long flights he'd get furious

One time a writer was watching a comedy special on their laptop, possibly Eddie murphy’s raw or delirious, and Vince walked by and saw it, then asked why the writer would watch that crap when they have comedy superstars like Santino Marella, a dude who was given the gimmick of being Andy kaufman’s Latka but Italian

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The key to understanding Vince is that while Trump is a howling void and devoid of any ideals whatsoever, Vince is not. Vince is, whether or not he realizes it, a genuine fascist. I don't mean he's an authoritarian conservative - although he obviously is in his own way - I mean he's a full blown fascist. He exalts, fetishizes, and worships power as an ends rather than a means. Once you understand this, literally all his weird hang-ups and issues make perfect sense. Of course he finds giraffes offensive; they have power but don't exercise it. Of course sneezing and yawning is bad, it's a loss of control, the surrender of power to his autonomous bodily processes, so on and so forth.

Vince is one of the most ideologically pure and consistent fascists to ever live, honestly.

Absolutely

Vince would get into intense arguments with people trying to push the idea of underdogs being able to rise up from adversity, but Vince despises an underdog

They were weak at one point

Vince idolizes the conquering hero, Superman smashing through the wall and sending everyone flying with a sweep of his arm

It’s why hulk hogan was booked the way he was, always correct and always ready to go, until they finally started a few angles like the earthquake squash

Vince never could enjoy the film die hard because McClain looks like a human and bleeds and shows pain and has feelings

(Because Vince never ever wants to look like a human and show pain or have feelings)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cornwind Evil posted:

Vince 'lucking out' into meeting an equal monster in Linda probably also plays a big role.

Equal monster? She was part of Trump’s cabinet, sure, but he is a violent rapist and megalomaniac. Did I miss a news story where she was committing offenses on a Vince level?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

ok next up

why is bayley egyptian now

+

why did seth rollins do mardi gras in philadelphia

San Jose is bayley’s hometown and they have a museum there which has an Egyptian wing

Rollins entered dressed as a “mummer”, a traditional Philly New Year’s Eve parade theme, with one of the musical acts that often performs in that parade

I feel like they just went to certain talents and said “you have ten grand to spend on a custom entrance. Talk with the publicity outreach department if you want local people to come on stage for something.” and certain talent just went “what weird poo poo can I do”

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

How many times has the ddt Ironman heavy metal weight title changed hands via one wrestler devouring something

I love how much that has happened

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

If I owned a circus, I would simply run the circus. I would not get on the high-wire or gently caress the elephants.

Nobody needs to see me. They came here for the professional clowns.

What happens when a professional clown starts poo poo talking the ringmaster publicly and starts to get into fights with the other clowns behind the scenes

And there’s like

A pie in the face on a podcast

I think I have lost track of the analogy but in summary wrestling is full of messy drama queens

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Matinee posted:

Leaving an entire movie crew twiddling their thumbs for eight hours is an incredible way to burn money

If nobody is out there showing us what it means to be big time, is there really even a Hollywood film industry anymore

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
All of the haters will be proven wrong when the rampage cinematic universe kicks into high gear

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the rock has a very charming and charasmatic presence like Arnold Schwarzenegger but Arnold was okay with making fun of himself and looking like a fool and also knew how to pick movies that played to his strength

The rock used to be willing to do that, but somewhere around… skyscraper, if my mental timeline is right, it feels like he lost any ability to laugh at himself

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cornwind Evil posted:

Speaking of legends, seems like the world agrees with my assessment that Richard Felair wants to die in the ring like it's possible Apollo Creed did, because he says he may have well have suffered an actual legit heart attack in his supposed final ever never doing another retirement match.

Life, it's so arbitrary. Ric Flair destroys himself for decades via both wrestling and his uncontrollable living large, has a heart attack during his final match, doesn't even NOTICE. Windham Rotunda is half his age, catches COVID, and gets weakened enough that he has a heart attack himself, and dies. Not that I think Flair SHOULD have died, but it's just a matter of percentages, you know?

Also, while double checking the exact date via Flair's wikipedia page, it lists him as STILL being an active wrestler despite the whole RIC FLAIR'S LAST MATCH thing. And one thought the late Terry Funk couldn't retire until the retirement that comes for all came for him. (He wrestled his last match nearly six years before his death, and his Wikipedia article says he 'retired' in 2017 for the very last time, so...yeah).

I am convinced he will do another match and will actually die in the ring this time

No way does he leave that money on the table

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Szyznyk posted:

So now Ric Flair’s the bad guy and the immortal Hulk Hogan is leading other wrestlers to Jesus and literally got a message from Heaven from Rowdy Roddy Piper. How the worm has turned.

Both can be the bad guy

Though neither are the real Bad Guy, that’s Scott Hall

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

In the indies, there's Sidney Bakabella, whose gimmick is that he's basically Tony Clifton as a time-displaced 1980's manager who keeps talking about Vince Jr. and the territories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H37TKrD7l8A

Is or was? I have been vaguely wondering what happened to him and the devastation corporation, who became instantly over to my novice wrestling fan friends because of their look and how fun it is to say their name when we saw them once live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was curious when flair had his woo scratcher ticket, and saw that it was from 2009, 15 years ago

And then I aged like the dude from the end of Indiana jones and the last crusade