Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vince McMahon is one of the biggest pieces of poo poo in the world and I will celebrate the day he dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

His mother just turned 100. He's not dying soon.

he's doing that evil person thing of morphing into looking like Gollum so yeah he's got another 25 years probably

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I get the feeling Vince's death isn't gonna be a 'natural causes' thing, too.
His private jet will crash into the side of a mountain.
He'll be struck by a train.
Drown while swimming on a private beach and get taken out by a rip-tide.

It's going to be something oddly specific for him.

choking on a ketchup steak wrap

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Didn't the stock price also drop and they had to release a statement?

That was when Donald Trump "bought" Raw and ran a commercial free show.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jamesman posted:

:laffo: Shane McMahon was just let go by WWE.

lmfao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

I can't take Lesner seriously with that dick tattooed on his chest.

Also lol that McMahon brings him back so often considering he told them all to gently caress off for MMA money or Football or whatever.

Another Vince McMahon fun fact is he literally can't take being told no. Brock Lesnar is the master of telling Vince McMahon no and to gently caress off. So Vince thinks he "wins" when he pays an enormous amount of money to get Brock under a part time contract that pays more than any of the full timers get.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

I think The Fiend was bullshit but Wyatt did have presence and his weird cult promos were decent.

Let's see which broken-body the pull out of retirement this time. What's... uhhhh.... All Snow doing.

well uh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Kevin Nash loving owns because in the cluster gently caress that was WCW, he somehow ended up as head booker. So be booked himself to lose a retirement match so he didn't have to wrestle but still got paid as a top guy.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

There's wrestling on TV tonight at 7pm. Monday Night Raw. I haven't watched wrestling in decades and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'm sure I'll think it's incredibly stupid but eh, whatever.

Don't watch WWE it's insanely bad. Wait til Wednesday and watch AEW. You won't feel robbed of your time.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

PicklePants posted:

Jericho also was super against lockdowns and mask mandates a while back, but hid behind, "Just asking questions..." I'm pretty sure I've seen him support Trump on his twitter before too.

He literally had Donald Trump Jr on his podcast

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vince Mcmahon isn't a billionaire either, LOL!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Was it Monday Night RAW where the WCW announcer was like "Well I guess Mankind is the WWF champ now lol" and then Turner Broadcasting heard the sound of 65% of their audience hit the PREVIOUS button on their remotes to see it?

Yup. IIRC that was also the turning point where WCW never won the weekly ratings war again.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol Cody Rhodes didn't want to be Triple H

*creates a title specifically for himself*

*cuts 20 minute long promos that no one cares about*

Cody Rhodes always sucked

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dementropy posted:

I did enjoy Hulk's brief return as the masked Patriot (question mark - I'm not going to look it up) in like 2003.

excuse me what is your evidence that Mr America is the Hulkster???

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

Also, poo poo man, whoever bought me the title after carrying around the Newbie one for 17 years, thanks a million. Will try and prove it accurate, thought I'm sure there's people over in the Pagoda that put me to shame.

That forum is full of joyless dipshits, don't post there

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

You can boil Vince Mcmahon down to a simple question to see if someone will succeed or fail in wwe:

Do they make his steroid-shriveled penis hard?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

I gotta tell ya, me and my friends were telling people to suck it, and doing the "crotch chops" for years before DX started doing that poo poo.

badass

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The most apt Triple H analogy I've heard: He was a 7 pushed as a 10, which made him look like a 6.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

jesus christ AEW's doing the bloated Wrestlemania style cards already?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Trollologist posted:

Why not? AEW is here for a good time, not a long time.

4-5 hour shows are not fun

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cody Rhodes sucks rear end

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol, a WWE shill in a gbs thread lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

The video for this needs to be seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUC61ToNBw

Punk was a menace as a heel

lmfao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

When his heart stopped beating, his blood pressure dropped like Owen Hart.

LOL

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cody Rhodes loving sucks and lmao that he crawled back to WWE after all the making GBS threads on them he did in AEW. I expect he'll get a good faith push for a bit before he "pays his dues" for abandoning Vince.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Also lmao if anyone is wasting their time watching Wrestlemania tonight

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ahahahaha

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

....is Glacier Lance Storm?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gavok posted:

An update on CM Punk's return to WWE.

- Shows up at the very end of Survivor Series, causing a massive pop. Wrestlers in the ring get various levels of fake mad to add buzz, but Seth Rollins' is too hammy and nobody buys it.

- Shows up on Raw and cuts a promo about how he's happy to be back in WWE.

- Cuts in-ring promos against various wrestlers, occasionally copying the tone of his pre-implosion AEW promos. It's believed that he will main event WrestleMania Night 1 against secondary world champion Seth Rollins.

- Wrestles Dominik Mysterio a couple times at house shows.

- Seth Rollins screws up his leg in a match against Jinder Mahal. May not make it to WrestleMania.

- Punk has a face-to-face with Cody Rhodes over who's going to win the Royal Rumble.

- Punk makes his televised in-ring return at the Royal Rumble. He's a late entry, but is gassed almost immediately. He makes it to the end, yells at the camera, "I did not wait ten years just to lose to Dusty's kid!" and then immediately got thrown out by Cody.

- Turns out he tore his tricep in the match when taking a DDT. So he'll be gone for a while.

Amazing.

Lmfao. CM punk sucks rear end

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

Punk's overwhelming bad luck honestly is making me feel just a tiny bit bad for him again.

It helps that next to this thread's namesake monster, he's more or less literally a second city saint.

He's a massive rear end in a top hat and simultaneously the biggest mark there ever was. Do not ever feel bad for him

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Same. I never saw his original WWE run so I'll never understand the appeal of him. He just seems like a massive tool, it sounds like he's a total rear end in a top hat backstage, and I can't say his matches have been particularly entertaining (other than the one gif of him getting elbow dropped in the balls. What the hell do people see in him?

He calls himself the best in the world and somehow dorks the world over believe it. That's all he has going for him

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CM punk had a good match with John Cena once. That's it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rndmnmbr posted:

One day CM Punk stepped out on stage and said a bunch of mean but largely true things about WWE and Vince, and suddenly he was the hero, the Voice of the Voiceless, the people's champion. And that carried him through the rest of his WWE tenure, his retirement, and his first nine months of AEW.

And then he stepped out on a stage and said a bunch of mean things that might or might not be true about AEW and Tony Khan, but unfortunately for him, people like AEW and Tony Khan, so that soured a lot of people on him. And then his behavior after that moment, including the locker room fight immediately after, showed that he was nothing but an angry and resentful old man with a chip on his shoulder, and had been all along. We just cheered for it when he was punching up at Vince.

The WWE promo was a work op

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gavok posted:

Fun thing going on Wednesday at 5pm ET. There's a Twitch/YouTube group newLEGACYinc who do a thing every two years called the Royal Rumblethon. Every day January, they sim a Royal Rumble in a different video game while doing commentary. The jankier and glitchier the better.

Now it culminates in the Royaliest Rumble, where all 30 winners face off in the latest WWE 2K game.

Yes, there are three Andre the Giants in there.

Lol at Eugene and Ahmed Johnson

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cody Rhodes is a huge dork and lmao at getting owned by the rock.

Rock was also brought back for one more match and beat Cena ten years ago. Then he came back for one more match again the next year to pass the torch to Cena at the tail end of Cena's full-time run. Then a couple years later he came back to squash the entire Wyatt Family, a very good and popular heel stable at the time. gently caress the rock.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He worked his head into a shoot

lmfao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Okuteru posted:

Who else has had the book in promotions over the years?

I know Hogan had CC in TNA during his tenure. Flair had the book in the 90s for a bit in WCW

Kevin Nash got the book in WCW and immediately booked himself to lose a retirement match is the gold standard

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

HHH is a huge dork and he does a great job of appearing like he wants the in-ring product to be good. But he's been in WWE for like 30 years and is basically Vince Jr. He has a pretty long history of burying up and comers at the start or middle of a big push to pay their dues or whatever.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you might think stone cold and the attitude era is vince's favorite kind of storyline but its actually the lame superhero wrestler who never loses clean and is squeaky clean which is why roman reigns face run was so obnoxious

Hogan wrestled like a heel but acted like a babyface in his prime WWF run. Cena wrestled and acted like a babyface except he bumbled his way to winning for most of his run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

miss cena every day...

his postgame midcarder run ruled