Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Where it gets *really* weird is... it made this exact trip, at exactly the same time (well within 2 minutes), last night as well.

I don't think it's anything suspicious, but it certainly is really bloody weird.

Training flight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1489954135491416065

Hmm, gonna need to see today's newspaper in this video before I believe it.

Why is her cake wonky? Also that looks like the saddest party ever.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

SixFigureSandwich posted:

My wife got a payment from her insurer and they sent her a loving cheque. I had to check whether this was really the 21st century or if the past decades were all a dream and it was actually 1996.

I mean her banking app had an easy way of cashing it but lmao

When I got my PPI refunds they were cheques.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I seem to remember a bunch of people getting cheques from that, posting them online to boast, and finding someone else had cashed them before they got to the bank using the numbers.

That's hilarious.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

GreyjoyBastard posted:

while I'm a Yank, it is my impression that being appointed Home Secretary immediately turns moderately terrible people into authoritarian lunatics obsessed with keeping the Deep Ones from invading England's green and pleasant land

I don't think that BLUE HADES is that interested in invading, more keeping us out of the oceans.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

mediaphage posted:

speaking of i actually stopped reading a handful of books ago, they just got too ridiculous (i don’t care for the superhero schtick at all, etc)

Yeah, I actually got a refund on the last one - Dead Lies Dreaming - from Kobo after reading the first chapter. I think they started to lose me when he introduced Persephone whatshername who broke all the pre-established rules of how magic works etc.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Bobby Deluxe posted:

We've lost about £500 to dentistry over the last few months. My wife's had to go private and pay about £300, and for the work I need doing I need to find out if it's £65 for the lot or £65 per filling - if it's the latter I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to hit up the emergency fund.

As long as it's one course of treatment it's 65 the lot.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Lemurtron posted:

For anyone still looking for one of these Amazon are currently selling for 130 and have stock, allegedly,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meaco-20L-Energy-Dehumidifier-Condensation/dp/B00HO963A6/

I just bought the smaller one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Re: fuel - I tried a couple of tanks of E10 in the smart and it ran noticeably badly and didn't get as good mileage, so it's on premium now.

If my motorcycle (old ZZR 600) hadn't been nicked, I'd have had to run it on premium because it wasn't compatible with E10 according to the checking website.